2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480
I using both pixel 3xl and s10+ the pixel really losing in ram department . hope P4 can upsize the ram a bit

Sent from Samsung S10+ using GAGT

Samsung, Huawei, LG needs more ram cos their own native apps are running in the background.

Take for example samsung galaxy s4, some features like hover preview, smart pause, smart scroll etc. These features keep listening to user inputs and hence 'eats' ram. Optimization them well, might just uses lesser ram.

Not say pixel don't have this issue. Even you turn on now playing, the phone is always listening to the environment, so is also using ram. Just how efficient the ram management each manufacturers manages on each of their operating systems is important.

Even now when i'm paying pokemon po and switch to take a photo, the app have to reload.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Also want to add that ram management isnt just on the OS side. On app side, app developers can handle behaviour when user leaves app or switch to another app. If the app is designed to flush memory out and reload when app goes from active to background, then it is perfectly normal for app to reload. And is not a problem of phones lacking ram.

Can look up some simple tutorials on android app development to learn more.
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480
Earth Day 2019
HvmhH2j.png
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Hooray. An old issue I had with my 6P now is appearing on my 3 XL. After using the phone for a few phones, the phone drain was only 3-4% overnight. Just last night, it's 10% overnight, and useless google battery stats cannot tell me what the hell is draining my battery overnight despite switching off location already.

Bloody battery screen is empty with nothing running according to Google.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Hooray. An old issue I had with my 6P now is appearing on my 3 XL. After using the phone for a few phones, the phone drain was only 3-4% overnight. Just last night, it's 10% overnight, and useless google battery stats cannot tell me what the hell is draining my battery overnight despite switching off location already.

Bloody battery screen is empty with nothing running according to Google.

You are finally back lol. Maybe observe for another night to see if the problem still occurs? For me usually I put airplane mode at night probably only drop 2-3%?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
You are finally back lol. Maybe observe for another night to see if the problem still occurs? For me usually I put airplane mode at night probably only drop 2-3%?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
I really don't want to have to do something like this. Never had to do this on my Samsung phone. The battery usage is worthless too:


AITs9LG.png
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,782
Reaction score
12,241
You are finally back lol. Maybe observe for another night to see if the problem still occurs? For me usually I put airplane mode at night probably only drop 2-3%?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

Airplane mode already dropping so much?

If no airplane mode, then it will easily be 10%.

I'm getting used to the battery life on P2. I will just charge as and when I like.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
I really don't want to have to do something like this. Never had to do this on my Samsung phone. The battery usage is worthless too:



AITs9LG.png

Airplane mode already dropping so much?

If no airplane mode, then it will easily be 10%.

I'm getting used to the battery life on P2. I will just charge as and when I like.



Maybe observe another day to see if it's still the same lor. The breakdown in the battery usually can't tell us crap.

Furthermore, Android's standby has never been a strong point for them as compared to Apple. iPad can charge 1 month don't charge still have battery. Android tablet probably die long time ago liao.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Maybe observe another day to see if it's still the same lor. The breakdown in the battery usually can't tell us crap.

Furthermore, Android's standby has never been a strong point for them as compared to Apple. iPad can charge 1 month don't charge still have battery. Android tablet probably die long time ago liao.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
The thing is this suddenly happened on my phone after months of very stable usage. Even if it was caused by a rogue app, I got no way of telling since the battery usage graph is bloody garbage.
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,782
Reaction score
12,241
Maybe observe another day to see if it's still the same lor. The breakdown in the battery usually can't tell us crap.

Furthermore, Android's standby has never been a strong point for them as compared to Apple. iPad can charge 1 month don't charge still have battery. Android tablet probably die long time ago liao.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

I just give up battery life on Android.

I agree Apple is more superior on this aspect.

This is the trade off for flexibility with battery life.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
The thing is this suddenly happened on my phone after months of very stable usage. Even if it was caused by a rogue app, I got no way of telling since the battery usage graph is bloody garbage.

Yeah even if it's rogue app you won't be able to tell also since there's nothing there. Hopefully everything goes back to normal!

I just give up battery life on Android.

I agree Apple is more superior on this aspect.

This is the trade off for flexibility with battery life.

Haha for me I go best of both worlds. Don't need to keep comparing. There's pros and cons for each platform, one suited for certain tasks when compared to the other. Everytime like that compare very sian one
:s13:

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480
Hooray. An old issue I had with my 6P now is appearing on my 3 XL. After using the phone for a few phones, the phone drain was only 3-4% overnight. Just last night, it's 10% overnight, and useless google battery stats cannot tell me what the hell is draining my battery overnight despite switching off location already.

Bloody battery screen is empty with nothing running according to Google.

One of the pixel also went flat, faster than the rest with 40% left. The battery stats said last used was 55 days ago ...Wt. It can easily be fixed by rebooting the phone. There are many things that can cause the battery to drain faster than expected. Now, i do this once a week on mine.
 

Lex1989

Banned
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
19,845
Reaction score
2,480
Hooray. An old issue I had with my 6P now is appearing on my 3 XL. After using the phone for a few phones, the phone drain was only 3-4% overnight. Just last night, it's 10% overnight, and useless google battery stats cannot tell me what the hell is draining my battery overnight despite switching off location already.

Bloody battery screen is empty with nothing running according to Google.

There are so many things that could affect it.

Show "Now playing"
Google assistance.
etc.

How about user battery charging pattern? I charge my phone when it reaches 20 to 25% and will charge to 90-95% before unplugging.

My room has unstable Wi-Fi connectivity. Thus causing Wi-Fi to be turned on and off, eating up battery.

A lot of factors.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
There are so many things that could affect it.

Show "Now playing"
Google assistance.
etc.

How about user battery charging pattern? I charge my phone when it reaches 20 to 25% and will charge to 90-95% before unplugging.

My room has unstable Wi-Fi connectivity. Thus causing Wi-Fi to be turned on and off, eating up battery.

A lot of factors.
I checked my ASUS router log, it's been stable, never reboot. Then the problem is even if it's google assistant draining my battery, it doesn't show in the useless battery page. I really wish they made some improvements to that damn page.
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,958
Reaction score
2,568
before i sleep i will usually close all recent apps. this is to prevent any background data from running.

woke up with 3% drain from my pixel 3 nonxl.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top