2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Depends on how u see it. If u view samsung’s own apps as bloatwares, why isn’t Google own apps also bloatwares too if u don’t use them. Google play books, play movies, Google+ etc.

Good thing is they all can be removed in a way or another.

And samsung is not really forcing people these days. at least not in SG. On first boot they will ask you whether you want to use samsung apps or not. Like Internet browser, Pay, calculator, calendar, etc. If don't want you can just install your own preferred apps. For me the bloat from samsung is in the form the features add-ons. those can't remove. :s13:
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,787
Reaction score
12,244
I am using Samsung Health for my Vitality.

I think it's one of the best apps out there.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2

bagyidaw

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
191
The best would be when samsung has android one flagship phone. (with option to install samsung apps)
 

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
24,738
Reaction score
2,285
The best would be when samsung has android one flagship phone. (with option to install samsung apps)

Yes I do agreed. Imagine Note 9 running on Pixel ROM. DAYUM!

Then, with Samsung choice of material used is no denied.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2S using GAGT
 

iguoh

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2001
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Yes I do agreed. Imagine Note 9 running on Pixel ROM. DAYUM!

Then, with Samsung choice of material used is no denied.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2S using GAGT
I agree too. I would buy a Samsung Android One phone. It is not just Samsung, I just don't like any of the heavy Android skins.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
To those who don't know, here's my trick on how to utilise more the free google photo storage.

Install Google Photos in your partner's phone
Let her share her library to you (Original Quality)
Check the auto-save in your phone
Profit :s13:

Basically, her photos will be shared to you and your phone will automatically add it to your library and will be backup to your unlimited storage.

Hard part is convincing your partner to share her photos to you. Lol

:s13: thanks for the tip nonetheless
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65

Doesnt sound like memory management issue. More like whether the user's usage needs how much memory.

Since adaptive battery has been added along with Pie update i have had it disabled. Simply because i dont want it to close apps or clear memory or notify lesser/later on apps the system thinks i am using less. For those people who enable such features to help u manage battery, then why complain when its doing its job?

Note 9, iphone, or any other phone with 6gb 8gb ram also can face these issue of apps having to reload if the user constantly flood it with many running apps in the background :s22:
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Doesnt sound like memory management issue. More like whether the user's usage needs how much memory.

Since adaptive battery has been added along with Pie update i have had it disabled. Simply because i dont want it to close apps or clear memory or notify lesser/later on apps the system thinks i am using less. For those people who enable such features to help u manage battery, then why complain when its doing its job?

Note 9, iphone, or any other phone with 6gb 8gb ram also can face these issue of apps having to reload if the user constantly flood it with many running apps in the background :s22:

But the problem is the over aggressive closing of apps right now. If you listening music and open camera app, it will shut down the music app despite having enough memory. This does not happen on my Galaxy S8.
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
Eh how are you forced.. You can always just download Google Fit, Google Calendar and Google Keep and disable or uninstall Samsung apps.

But actually, once you use Google Fit, you should actually see the how good Samsung Health is really is.

Mine kena forced leh. Once in a while the Samsung apps will silent push installed in my phone. I found out after seeing how my space got reduced.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
But the problem is the over aggressive closing of apps right now. If you listening music and open camera app, it will shut down the music app despite having enough memory. This does not happen on my Galaxy S8.

I cant confirm about the pixel 3/xl.

But on my pixel 2 xl right now which I just tested. Chrome, google play music, camera(can even snap picture)(video will pause music, but resumes playing after I stop videoing). No issue??
 
Last edited:

zitseng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
2
I cant confirm about the pixel 3/xl.

But on my pixel 2 xl right now which I just tested. Chrome, google play music, camera(can even snap picture)(video will pause music, but resumes playing after I stop videoing). No issue??

Just tested on 3 XL... Google Play music playing music, camera app started, take photo, take video, music playing throughout non-stop (even during video recording).
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Just tested on 3 XL... Google Play music playing music, camera app started, take photo, take video, music playing throughout non-stop (even during video recording).

Good to know that too. When you take video, music output via speakers or? When I tested I used speakers. If yours also speakers wont the music be recorded in the video:s11:

Anyway conclusion is the below does not hold true. :o

If you listening music and open camera app, it will shut down the music app despite having enough memory.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Good to know that too. When you take video, music output via speakers or? When I tested I used speakers. If yours also speakers wont the music be recorded in the video:s11:

Anyway conclusion is the below does not hold true. :o

I think in the end going to be a case by case basis ba. cause probably will depend on a lot of other factors as well. Like the amount of apps installed, features turned on, etc. There are quite a number of reviewers who mentioned they are facing the issue.
 

zitseng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
2
Good to know that too. When you take video, music output via speakers or? When I tested I used speakers. If yours also speakers wont the music be recorded in the video:s11:

Anyway conclusion is the below does not hold true. :o

Yes, I was playing music from the speakers, and yes, just confirmed, the music was recorded on the video. :)
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I think in the end going to be a case by case basis ba. cause probably will depend on a lot of other factors as well. Like the amount of apps installed, features turned on, etc. There are quite a number of reviewers who mentioned they are facing the issue.

Yes exactly. It all depends on user usage. Same piece of hardware, different people use it differently.

Clearing out background memory to make space for active process when not enough memory is normal and happens to all. Of course having a phone with more memory would allow the user to stretch its limits. Ultimately depends on user usage pattern.

The statement can be very misleading to others and they'll think the pixel 3/XL will simply close apps in background despite having enough memory. Especially when I have tested it to be false, and also another user here on the pixel 3 XL.
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
Yes exactly. It all depends on user usage. Same piece of hardware, different people use it differently.

Clearing out background memory to make space for active process when not enough memory is normal and happens to all. Of course having a phone with more memory would allow the user to stretch its limits. Ultimately depends on user usage pattern.

The statement can be very misleading to others and they'll think the pixel 3/XL will simply close apps in background despite having enough memory. Especially when I have tested it to be false, and also another user here on the pixel 3 XL.

So foes it agreesively kills apps in the background?
 

zitseng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
2
So foes it agreesively kills apps in the background?

I personally don't find anything gets killed aggressively enough to be a noticeable problem. I primarily just surf web, social media, camera, music... hardly any games. Maybe this isn't too heavy a usage.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top