2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,785
Reaction score
12,243
Just like real estate area or space, dollar per square-ft. Hahaha.

CNet has an interesting article abt the storage cost on Pixel 3s vs Samsung and iPhone flagships to compete for dollar/GB. Lol.

https://www.cnet.com/news/pixel-3-is-pricier-than-you-think-when-it-comes-to-storage/

Real estate is practical to look at the space and cost.

But for a phone, it is not sensible to look at the screen or storage size per dollar.

People will choose a bigger or smaller phone based on their preference or comfort.

If you are looking for more value per dollar, then it is best to carry a tablet around for your mobile.
 

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
682
Real estate is practical to look at the space and cost.

But for a phone, it is not sensible to look at the screen or storage size per dollar.

People will choose a bigger or smaller phone based on their preference or comfort.

If you are looking for more value per dollar, then it is best to carry a tablet around for your mobile.
Yeah. This is especially true for me. I prefer smaller phone that I can use with one hand. When the Nexus 6 came, I switch from nexus 5 to Moto x as it's too big. Good that pixel have smaller form factor now
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
Pixel 2 non XL was never available in Singapore, only XL.

Thanks, just realised 2 XL was exclusively offered by SingTel last year.

Google Singapore store prices:

Pixel 2XL 64GB $1,099

Pixel 3 64GB $1,249
Pixel 3 128GB $1,399

Pixel 3XL 64GB $1,399
Pixel 3XL 128GB $1,549 (Not Pink is currently out of stock)
 

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
9,998
Reaction score
0
After using iPhone X for a year, i find that smaller phone (bigger screen) suit better in my hand. Currently holding iPhone XS Max and is abit big. LOL

So i will be getting Pixel 3 plus singtel giving free wireless charger. not bad!
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Sad that our local telco still not supporting esim. Haiz.

And im guessing the nfc ezlink wont work here? Including there is no VoLTE?
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Sad that our local telco still not supporting esim. Haiz.

And im guessing the nfc ezlink wont work here? Including there is no VoLTE?
Yeah those have never been supported on Nexus/Pixel phones. Don't pin too much hopes on the Pixel 3.
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
Yeah. This is especially true for me. I prefer smaller phone that I can use with one hand. When the Nexus 6 came, I switch from nexus 5 to Moto x as it's too big. Good that pixel have smaller form factor now

that's why the X was best small phone with big screen estate and easy to hold in 1 hand. max is difficult and need to adjust holding it. was expecting to get p3xl but the notch and big chin is one i cant take. maybe next yr pixel.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Saw Erica Griffin's video on how the black colour gets smudges easily and how difficult it is to wipe those smudges off..

Now I'm leaning towards the white colour......
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
Regarding the screens (screen tinting?):
P4dxRpo.jpg


Image from:
https://gizmodo.com/google-pixel-3-review-the-other-way-to-make-a-killer-p-1829749807

Regarding the speakers (speaker output unbalance):

(I haven't watch yet)

From:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/18/one-pixel-3-xls-front-facing-speakers-much-louder/
 
Last edited:

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,266
Reaction score
31,126
Just went singtel shop to test.... I noticed the gestures they don't have "swipe up on home button" anymore?

Pixel 3 xl
TJIVvHRl.jpg


My own pixel xl
OuAKIJol.png


Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
Wonder why Google still bothers with shitty ass LG screens rather than going with full Samsung. That Pixel 3 looks horrible.

I wonder is it planned?
Just cannot make it perfect otherwise next year cannot improve :s13:
Maybe I thinking too much.

Just went singtel shop to test.... I noticed the gestures they don't have "swipe up on home button" anymore?

The Pixel 3 phones seems to be locked to gesture navigation only (according to XDA: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-3-google-pixel-3-xl-minor-features/).

But people say can enable back 3 button nav using the 'secret' System UI Tuner.
That display unit should be enabled back using the System UI Tuner.
 
Last edited:

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,266
Reaction score
31,126
I wonder is it planned?
Just cannot make it perfect otherwise next year cannot improve :s13:
Maybe I thinking too much.



The Pixel 3 phones seems to be locked to gesture navigation only.
But people say can enable back 3 button nav using the 'secret' System UI Tuner.
That display unit should be enabled back using the System UI Tuner.
I don't want the back 3 button. The display set is using the 3 buttons.

Now I'm already using gestures for my pixel xl and I'm OK with it.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,547
Reaction score
3,253
Quite upset they remove the LED notifications.. that was the stand out between android/iOS
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Screen tint for smaller model.
Speaker output unbalance.

Now one more, low quality audio in video recordings:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/18/deja-vu-pixel-3-3-xl-video-recordings-poor-audio/

Haha. now is probably the worst period to go on reddit google pixel subreddit. I saw one guy with an unresponsive screen too. The demo unit of the Pixel 3 i saw didn't seem to have obvious colour shifting though. I'm guessing it's going to be lottery. like some will be better, some worse.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top