2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Just to share an update. Received an email from Singtel that stocks have arrived and will be receiving my 3XL 128GB Clearly White on 11 Dec. Praying hard Singtel doesn't inform last minute again that there will be a delay.
Congratulations. 2 months after the pre-order date. That really sucks big time.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Previously white. Now black.
Nx8Lp7h.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation.

The white line so ugly there :s22:
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Yeah the waiting game sucks indeed. I'm still 50:50 to be excited about it. Don't wanna burst my own bubble.

I requested for a change to pink so I have already gotten the phone last month if not I'll be in your shoes still waiting.

But go ahead and get excited. 3XL shouldn't have much issues which you have to worry about :D
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the confirmation.

The white line so ugly there
:s22:

Not sure if it's the same. But for mine when I have this dark mode on, when Google maps boots up it's exactly like the screen shot but when go into the app it still reflects as white.
 

desean84

Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2000
Messages
262
Reaction score
5
Just to share a good service by casefactorie.

Bought their TGSP which they paste for me. By default, it doesn't come with loca glue curing. But my screen is curving on the edge, the TGSP didn't stick completely and had bubble edge. The staff informed me he could fix it with loca glue plus another 15 mins of working time. No extra charge for this.

I walked away happy with the product and service.

FYI, this is the TGSP which another member shared before: Guardar Premium Tempered Glass for Google Pixel 3 / 3 XL for S$19 https://sg.carousell.com/p/199780389

Disclaimer: This is not some paid review or comment. Just happy with their service and decided to spread the word.
 

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
Will be buying Pixel 3 XL later (hooray!) after using S9+ for 5 months. Tried their OneUI beta and I don't like their new interface. I really needed Call Recording but it also doesn't work on their Pie version. So no point on sticking with them.

Hope I will get a good set. Or are most issues (hardware) are on smaller pixel 3?

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Will be buying Pixel 3 XL later (hooray!) after using S9+ for 5 months. Tried their OneUI beta and I don't like their new interface. I really needed Call Recording but it also doesn't work on their Pie version. So no point on sticking with them.

Hope I will get a good set. Or are most issues (hardware) are on smaller pixel 3?

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

Only the smaller Pixel 3 has QC issues with the screen.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Not sure if it's the same. But for mine when I have this dark mode on, when Google maps boots up it's exactly like the screen shot but when go into the app it still reflects as white.

Yeah only during loading got dark background. After maps finish loading its white. Not sure if it has anything to do with device dark theme or developer settings dark mode setting.

The whole thing is very weird. I have google contacts and messages in dark mode. But contacts load scene is with a white background whereas messages load scene is with a dark background.

Feels like half effort dark mode. Lol.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Will be buying Pixel 3 XL later (hooray!) after using S9+ for 5 months. Tried their OneUI beta and I don't like their new interface. I really needed Call Recording but it also doesn't work on their Pie version. So no point on sticking with them.

Hope I will get a good set. Or are most issues (hardware) are on smaller pixel 3?

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F
It's all boils down to your luck. Wish you the best of luck first :)

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,671
Reaction score
8,478
Yeah only during loading got dark background. After maps finish loading its white. Not sure if it has anything to do with device dark theme or developer settings dark mode setting.

The whole thing is very weird. I have google contacts and messages in dark mode. But contacts load scene is with a white background whereas messages load scene is with a dark background.

Feels like half effort dark mode. Lol.

Exactly. Turn on dark mode. Go to settings, everything is white. :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top