2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
Haha my motion is off so I'll never have the opportunity to utilize top shot. But anyway, the resolution of the top shot photos are much lower so even though the picture might be the correct one but the details may be lost everywhere.

Yup. The quality of pic sucks too. I'm really looking forward for that feature, I thought it's the solution for the perfect toddler shot. :s13:
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
The special thing that comes with the notch is the wide angle selfie camera lol. Which isn't really special.

I would think the wide angle selfie camera is a really strong plus point for taking wefies of a huge group. Even without the wide angle selfie camera, Pixel phones have already been able to capture selfies with a wider angle as compared to iPhones for eg. The wide angle selfie camera expands that angle even ridiculously more.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Yup. The quality of pic sucks too. I'm really looking forward for that feature, I thought it's the solution for the perfect toddler shot. :s13:

I think for that, you gotta use burst shots instead of relying on Top Shot which is built on Motion Photos.
 

Verdict

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
90
Reaction score
4
Hi all, I went to Urban.M at Tampines Mall to apply the Whitestone Dome TG and it's looking good. Just to share my experience, I bought one myself via Qoo10 but the installation steps is really challenging compared to S9+ and iPX so I screwed up the installation and the glue went all around the phone sides. I then went ahead to wash it with shampoo, soup or whatever and it's good after that then decided to bite the bullet and ask someone to install. Installation takes about 30 mins and at least, it's looking good but I have noticed that there will be glue coming off in about 3 days or so so do keep those alcohol thing ready to clean it. Otherwise, you might smell the glue when you're answering call.
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,651
Reaction score
8,486
Haha my motion is off so I'll never have the opportunity to utilize top shot. But anyway, the resolution of the top shot photos are much lower so even though the picture might be the correct one but the details may be lost everywhere.



I off motion too. Usually I go 1-2-3, δΈθ¦ι–‰δΈŠηœΌη›. :D
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
I would think the wide angle selfie camera is a really strong plus point for taking wefies of a huge group. Even without the wide angle selfie camera, Pixel phones have already been able to capture selfies with a wider angle as compared to iPhones for eg. The wide angle selfie camera expands that angle even ridiculously more.

Hahah indeed it's a strong plus point but that doesn't really warrant that big notch as some of us would like. Just look at P3 haha, the bezels isn't really that thick and they still placed that wide angle camera up front.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I went to Urban.M at Tampines Mall to apply the Whitestone Dome TG and it's looking good. Just to share my experience, I bought one myself via Qoo10 but the installation steps is really challenging compared to S9+ and iPX so I screwed up the installation and the glue went all around the phone sides. I then went ahead to wash it with shampoo, soup or whatever and it's good after that then decided to bite the bullet and ask someone to install. Installation takes about 30 mins and at least, it's looking good but I have noticed that there will be glue coming off in about 3 days or so so do keep those alcohol thing ready to clean it. Otherwise, you might smell the glue when you're answering call.

Hmm I don't know if the person or yourself who have done the installation have done it properly. Technically once you have cured the loca the glue won't be flowing out right after it's cured, so 3 days after installation and glue is still flowing out I think something is really wrong somewhere.
 

teoph04

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
56
Does the notch cut out of the WS the same as the notch itself? My 19 bucks glass is actually smaller and it's quite annoying. Ha

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Does the notch cut out of the WS the same as the notch itself? My 19 bucks glass is actually smaller and it's quite annoying. Ha

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

YouTube got quite a few videos on it liao. Can go check it out. Here is one that i found - https://youtu.be/6UIV8zMLvh0
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Wa StarHub got quite a good 12/12 deal for Pixel 3:

12.12 Online Exclusive: Up to $400 OFF handsets

FREE memory upgrade to 128GB for the price of 64GB (Exclusive for Google Pixel 3 White)
 

teoph04

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
56
Most welcome. But I'm guessing the cutout should be perfect since their protector usually is one of the best ones having used the one they had for 2XL.
Yes the notch cutout is align... Not like mine... Crap haha

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
But I'm going to change liao, haha. Wait for 1212 offer in Lazada or Q10.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

Hahah hopefully there's good coupons that can be utilised. Last time when the qoo10 was operated by the korea WSD always have 50% discount. Now the local one take over it's cui AF... No promos whatsoever.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top