2018 iPad Pro

Glariel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who ditched their notebook to use ipad pro? Care to share your experience?

not me, ipad is ipad
notebook is notebook.

2 different separate items imo

Boiijek

Reaction score
Mine 11inch WiFi version 256gb coming 7th nov

Same here, mine has shipped today too. Just trying to find accessories before it arrives but only Apple's one available now

dr34mc4st3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here, mine has shipped today too. Just trying to find accessories before it arrives but only Apple's one available now

Take note I think it will take a while for third party cases to be compatible with the 2nd gen Apple Pencil ...

luckygal

Master Member
Reaction score
I know engraving is free but is it important? My fren said it’s important as it serves as a form of identity and may be useful info if stolen. True?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know engraving is free but is it important? My fren said it’s important as it serves as a form of identity and may be useful info if stolen. True?

Depends if u want to sell it next time. Nobody wants to buy an engraved one.

spunkbrat

Master Member
Reaction score

I won’t recommend engraving too. I had an old ipad with a symbol engraved - not even identity, very poor resale value down the line, macham like worse than scratches.

rvyne7

Reaction score
I won’t recommend engraving too. I had an old ipad with a symbol engraved - not even identity, very poor resale value down the line, macham like worse than scratches.

same thought.. I never bother engraving it coz its harder to resale or even as gift if it has some markings

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-apple-ipad-pro-2018-review-apples-notebook-killer-here

HWZ Review...really need to find better writers man. The one point that screams out at me comes at the end.

"I haven’t had the chance to play around with it much but I did manage to import photos off my SD card using a USB SD card reader and a USB-C to USB-A adapter."

Then the change to the USB-C port is listed as a con as it has limitations? aren't you kinda contradicting yourself?

The inclusion of the USB-C port alone allows for so much more expansion and functionality. check out the review from The Verge, at least they tried with multiple dongles to see what worked and what didn't.

I think the HWZ "Review" can be a lot better.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like the iPad is getting glowing reviews across the board. Kinda sad that all that power is being sandboxed within iOS itself.

Xanthyon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-apple-ipad-pro-2018-review-apples-notebook-killer-here

HWZ Review...really need to find better writers man. The one point that screams out at me comes at the end.

"I haven’t had the chance to play around with it much but I did manage to import photos off my SD card using a USB SD card reader and a USB-C to USB-A adapter."

Then the change to the USB-C port is listed as a con as it has limitations? aren't you kinda contradicting yourself?

The inclusion of the USB-C port alone allows for so much more expansion and functionality. check out the review from The Verge, at least they tried with multiple dongles to see what worked and what didn't.

I think the HWZ "Review" can be a lot better.

The battery life testing methodology is just stupid. Who the hell watches movie at 100% volume and brightness? :s11:

Also, 100% volume and brightness might mean different things across different products. At least equalize the volume (in decibels) or brightness (in nits) for this to be a fair test.

What a crap writer.

Glariel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

all apple devices I owned don't have engraved.

iNotion

Reaction score
I'm still thinking whether to get the 64gb or the 256gb...

Anyone getting the 64gb?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hahaha! Ops.....sorry for laughing. Assuming if you lost your iPad Pro, u also cannot go around asking ppl to take out their iPad Pro from the case and show you whether got engraving or not right? You only screw yourself up if you want to sell.

rvyne7

Reaction score
I'm still thinking whether to get the 64gb or the 256gb...

Anyone getting the 64gb?

it depends on ur usage... if you're going with just wifi version not lte I suggest getting bigger space...

I use to think 64gb is more than enough for me... but my next IPP for sure will go next higher space.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So today Apple store Orchard no stocks for ipad?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.