2021 Macbook Pro Rumours & Discussion

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
112,649
Reaction score
4,415

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Yes so I suggest you wait out since it's only some mths away at most.

I was using a 2015 MBP until I bought the current M1 MBP. I changed because my 2015 one was giving some problems - Left speaker crackling sound, needs batt replacement, force touch on trackpad is dead and USB ports function intermittently.

Just a heads up, Apple Silicon is very speedy and boots up in mere seconds after opening the lid. The newer models should be even speedier with the successor of the M1 (either M1X or M2). I know a number of people find the Touch Bar not very useful but I find it 'stylo' haha....Physical buttons are more tactile and faster, and the new MacBooks returning to physical keys and MagSafe charging is also a good move, something which is evident on my 2015 model.

I don’t mind having MagSafe. But do not take away usb c charging too.

Now I can charge everywhere I go, even at home. If it is charged only via the MagSafe port, then I have to buy many MagSafe cables or bring the cables around. That would be irritating
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I don’t mind having MagSafe. But do not take away usb c charging too.

Now I can charge everywhere I go, even at home. If it is charged only via the MagSafe port, then I have to buy many MagSafe cables or bring the cables around. That would be irritating

Good pointing out there. If Apple still allows USB-C charging together with MagSafe, it'll be awesome. If the USB-C charging is disabled, then yes, have to lug out the MagSafe adapter.

But think again, the new MacBooks will all feature Apple Silicon chips and batt life will be very long lasting, so can charge first before bringing out so won't have to bring out the MagSafe adapter. If Apple comes out with a new type of MagSafe to USB-C cable, it'll be a nice addition too. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top