3 monitors on Sapphire 6670 workable?

1a2a3a

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
59
Hi guys,


Im having this card currently : http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1088&lid=1&pid=1169


Wanted to tried out 3 monitors.
But the display port adapter is abit pricey in my opinion.
Need some advice whether if it will work before I buy the displayport adapter.


I've connected the DVI to my 19" monitor and the HDMI to my 32" tv.
Im wondering if I could buy a Displayport to VGA/DVI and hook it up to another 19" monitor, that has VGA/DVI, and will it work?


Apparently, the website says it would and I read some online review and yes it does. But when I called f**ell (input your own), they told me sapphire 6670 don't have such setup of - DVI HDMI and DP on the card.


I told them I bought from you guys and they told me convergent don't carry such card, only the VGA DVI HDMI version. So whole of Singapore wont have such card.


I told them receipt put your shop name, box shows DP, my card behind shows DP. They tell me sure anot, its 2 hdmi la.


So nvm, I told them I wana buy. They then say 6670 even if you buy, the card is too weak to support 3 display. Im like wtf? Seriously? So Sapphire has been advertising wrongly?


I honestly need some input on this before I get the adapter. I have an extra monitor sitting around, so might as well.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
They must be pulling a fast one on you. The middle port is indeed a DisplayPort. And yes you will need an active DisplayPort adapter for connection to your 3rd monitor.

HD 6670 is seriously weak only if you are talking about gaming across these 3 monitors, but for workstation purpose, they are more than enough.
 

1a2a3a

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
59
hi mate, thanks for the reply.
Not intended for gaming. just some video editing and watching of videos.

Do I have to get a ATI certified or does the compatible ones work as well?
I understand that the prices varies quite a lot. Any recommendation to buy?

Lastly, can I check what does the adapter must be active vga means?
my 3rd monitor only have a VGA. Am I right to say a dp to vga will work fine?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top