Dear Bros, I'm having my first Mob Manning exercise coming up in 2 weeks time since my ORD in 2003.
I was a S1 clerk with a C9L2 status when i ORDed.
I've been to the Mob Briefing and was informed i'm with the main body, not advance party or KAH.
So any idea what kind of vocation would they assign to people like me?
The unit's 3 FCSSB, which i read somewhere means Forward Combat Service Support Battalion.
What does it do? Any bros from such a unit know more about them?
I've also gotten the standard field packing list from NS.sg
9 packets, is that normal? I have some friends say normally max is 7 packets.
Looking through the list, and whatever that were issued to me by my CQMS, i have a few questions which i hope bros can help answer:
Apologies for the long list of questions and if i sound noobish.
Been a NS noob for a large part of my life.
Appreciate bros for your time!
I was a S1 clerk with a C9L2 status when i ORDed.
I've been to the Mob Briefing and was informed i'm with the main body, not advance party or KAH.
So any idea what kind of vocation would they assign to people like me?
The unit's 3 FCSSB, which i read somewhere means Forward Combat Service Support Battalion.
What does it do? Any bros from such a unit know more about them?
I've also gotten the standard field packing list from NS.sg
9 packets, is that normal? I have some friends say normally max is 7 packets.
Looking through the list, and whatever that were issued to me by my CQMS, i have a few questions which i hope bros can help answer:
- My No.4s are all last gen. Do i need to get them myself from eMart or wait for Unit to issue me the new ones?
- Same thing with my SBO/helmet. Last gen. Need to change myself or wait for replacement?
- I wasn't issued with a LBV thru my NSF days. What should i do? Get one? or act blur on actual day?
- There's a "entrenching tool" , "range card" & "sand bags" in the list. Will these be issued or do i need to get them from eMart (i can't find them online)
- 1st time Mob Manning, will they be very strict on the field pack items?
Apologies for the long list of questions and if i sound noobish.
Been a NS noob for a large part of my life.
Appreciate bros for your time!

Last edited:

