3rd party USB C to Lightning cable recommendation

KinoChoco

Master Member
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
2,684
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

As I’m looking for 2m length USB C to Lightning cables, I’ve had bad experiences with the original apple cable as it always last for only 6 months (broke twice of the 2M, total damage $100).

I’ve been looking out for 3rd party ones which goes for as cheap as $10-15 for 2M, however I’ve purchased some USB C to Lightning Baseus cables, although it claims to provide PD fast charge, but it’s definitely much slower as compared to the genuine Apple cable (twice as slow).

Does any of you have tested and verified any brands that genuinely works and provide me the cable details on where I can purchase? Much thanks!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
Hi all,

As I’m looking for 2m length USB C to Lightning cables, I’ve had bad experiences with the original apple cable as it always last for only 6 months (broke twice of the 2M, total damage $100).

I’ve been looking out for 3rd party ones which goes for as cheap as $10-15 for 2M, however I’ve purchased some USB C to Lightning Baseus cables, although it claims to provide PD fast charge, but it’s definitely much slower as compared to the genuine Apple cable (twice as slow).

Does any of you have tested and verified any brands that genuinely works and provide me the cable details on where I can purchase? Much thanks!
how you use until so easily break siahz.

get those braided cables then?

those made for iphone/ipad kind then sure will work.
 

KinoChoco

Master Member
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
2,684
Reaction score
0
how you use until so easily break siahz.

get those braided cables then?

those made for iphone/ipad kind then sure will work.

Literally I didn’t even bend the cables, there was once the cable stopped charging within 2 weeks and I managed get Apple replace it FOC. I was thinking maybe their 2M ones naturally have a lot issues.

I remember the Baseus one I bought also say MFI but fast charge not working when I did the test lei.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
Literally I didn’t even bend the cables, there was once the cable stopped charging within 2 weeks and I managed get Apple replace it FOC. I was thinking maybe their 2M ones naturally have a lot issues.

I remember the Baseus one I bought also say MFI but fast charge not working when I did the test lei.
tbh, can't say for sure if it is really apple's cable that's the issue.
 

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
20,555
Reaction score
121
Hi all,

As I’m looking for 2m length USB C to Lightning cables, I’ve had bad experiences with the original apple cable as it always last for only 6 months (broke twice of the 2M, total damage $100).

I’ve been looking out for 3rd party ones which goes for as cheap as $10-15 for 2M, however I’ve purchased some USB C to Lightning Baseus cables, although it claims to provide PD fast charge, but it’s definitely much slower as compared to the genuine Apple cable (twice as slow).

Does any of you have tested and verified any brands that genuinely works and provide me the cable details on where I can purchase? Much thanks!

I always use the original Apple ones. They have a 1 year warranty. Spoiled within a year, free 1-to-1 replacement. Have gotten 2 free replacements in the last 3 years.
 

piaget

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
519
Reaction score
6
I recommend Belkin, the quality is good and will last you years, available from Challenger.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top