5820K vs 6700K

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,382
Reaction score
3,679
Yeah gaming wise even older generation Intel still up to mark.. After changing from i5 3570k to i7 5820k...playing gta v not that laggy..
 

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
10,589
Reaction score
901
If only gaming, a 6600k should do more than enough. In fact, I would consider a 6700k an overkill for gaming since most current games don't even make use of the 4 extra threads to boost performance. Needless to say, the 6800k and 5820k are intended for more than just gaming.

Seeing how the TXP is stepping toes with CPU bottleneck / limit even for the highest end BW-E. I think is wise to go for something better if you plan to upgrade high end GFX in future (Volta+). DX12 is definitely going to utilised more thread.
 

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
11,026
Reaction score
1,227
Seeing how the TXP is stepping toes with CPU bottleneck / limit even for the highest end BW-E. I think is wise to go for something better if you plan to upgrade high end GFX in future (Volta+). DX12 is definitely going to utilised more thread.

which reviewer said it's being bottlenecked by the CPU ?
 

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
10,589
Reaction score
901
which reviewer said it's being bottlenecked by the CPU ?

I never mentioned any reviewer, that is majority of the feedback I found

For people interested my exchange from i5 4690 to i7 4790k remove 66%-75% of fps drops and stuttering with witcher 3 at 4k with no hairwork no AA with titan x pascal. Overclocked titan core +205 +700 mem run witcher 3 to 60+fps near all the time, except when a lot of effect happen or several ennemies in a fight or big raining with a lot of people, otherwise 60+ can use vsync, and no tearing. Thanks guys for advice about buying a i7 cpu


For eg in OCN.
 

Vodkilla

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
1,883
Reaction score
128
bench2.jpg


5820k was out of stock in most shops for the CPU+Mobo combo I wanted.

The shop I got it from had the last piece pulled out from a drawer, seems like a really good chip to me! 4.5Ghz at 1.13V , but strangely temperature quite high at stress test. (gaming at 55C max)
 
Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Actually, for your normal usage and gaming, as long as it is within acceptable temp, i feel that is more important.
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,382
Reaction score
3,679
I using hyper x 212..idle temp 36~40. Is it too high? Load is max 75. I Oc to 4.2ghz.
 

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
26,900
Reaction score
14
The shop I got it from had the last piece pulled out from a drawer, seems like a really good chip to me! 4.5Ghz at 1.13V , but strangely temperature quite high at stress test. (gaming at 55C max)

Ok ba haha. Told ya previously liao.. this chip is gold. Low vcore can run 4.x oc effortlessly and with stability ^^
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,420
Reaction score
2,332
Ok ba haha. Told ya previously liao.. this chip is gold. Low vcore can run 4.x oc effortlessly and with stability ^^

:(:(:( 5820k everywhere no stock, end up i hoot from amazon :(

its ard 400USD plus tax
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top