5G SIM-only/prepaid plans Discussion Thread

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
SingTel has started 5G sim-only plan and prepaid plan. What about other SingTel MVNOs as well as orange and green telcos?

Annex_B_GOMO_5G__credit_Singtel_.jpg
 

Edz_Sg

Member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
456
Reaction score
19
For new signup in Giga have to pay additional $10, for me if I take base 60GB = $25+ $10 = $35

I believe Gomo $25 for 60GB with 5G
Wonder the mins is lesser

I think for now I should go with GOMO 5G
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
For new signup in Giga have to pay additional $10, for me if I take base 60GB = $25+ $10 = $35

I believe Gomo $25 for 60GB with 5G
Wonder the mins is lesser

I think for now I should go with GOMO 5G

yeah... it is a good real 5G sim-only plan now.

 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,881
Reaction score
4,893
Last edited:

it_geek

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
765
Hi guys, sorry to bump this older thread - as I am now at the crossroads of renewing my plan.

I am definitely moving away from 4G as the 5G performs very well even under peak periods and heavy loads.

In particular, am searching for a NSP that can offer 5G SA (NOT NSA).

So far, only Singtel, Starhub and MyRepublic offer 5G NSA.

i have had experience on Singtel and Starhub's 5G SA network and I am leaning toward because of its price point. Currently I am being offered the following recontract terms with the following retention bonus:
-150GB 5G Data
-Unlimited incoming callls
-500 outgoing mins
-1000 SMS
-8GB Readyroam/mth to Malaysia and 2 other destinations which I cannot remember
-3x ReadyRoam Neighbours 14 days unlimited
-Free Caller ID for 12 mths
-Free 12 mths Disney+

all for $20.67

Am struggling to choose between this and MyRepublic so I want to understand how MR's 5G has been operating before I made the decision. Frankly, I am leaning toward the retention offer because of the 12 mths free disney+ (ever since subscription prices jacked).

looking for some views on the above. TIA!
 

TimberOak

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Messages
590
Reaction score
217
Hi guys, sorry to bump this older thread - as I am now at the crossroads of renewing my plan.

I am definitely moving away from 4G as the 5G performs very well even under peak periods and heavy loads.

In particular, am searching for a NSP that can offer 5G SA (NOT NSA).

So far, only Singtel, Starhub and MyRepublic offer 5G NSA.

i have had experience on Singtel and Starhub's 5G SA network and I am leaning toward because of its price point. Currently I am being offered the following recontract terms with the following retention bonus:
-150GB 5G Data
-Unlimited incoming callls
-500 outgoing mins
-1000 SMS
-8GB Readyroam/mth to Malaysia and 2 other destinations which I cannot remember
-3x ReadyRoam Neighbours 14 days unlimited
-Free Caller ID for 12 mths
-Free 12 mths Disney+

all for $20.67

Am struggling to choose between this and MyRepublic so I want to understand how MR's 5G has been operating before I made the decision. Frankly, I am leaning toward the retention offer because of the 12 mths free disney+ (ever since subscription prices jacked).

looking for some views on the above. TIA!

This is a good deal. Nothing to struggle about. Unless you are telling me My Republic's offer (which you didn't state what it is) is better?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,177
Hi guys, sorry to bump this older thread - as I am now at the crossroads of renewing my plan.

I am definitely moving away from 4G as the 5G performs very well even under peak periods and heavy loads.

In particular, am searching for a NSP that can offer 5G SA (NOT NSA).

So far, only Singtel, Starhub and MyRepublic offer 5G NSA.

i have had experience on Singtel and Starhub's 5G SA network and I am leaning toward because of its price point. Currently I am being offered the following recontract terms with the following retention bonus:
-150GB 5G Data
-Unlimited incoming callls
-500 outgoing mins
-1000 SMS
-8GB Readyroam/mth to Malaysia and 2 other destinations which I cannot remember
-3x ReadyRoam Neighbours 14 days unlimited
-Free Caller ID for 12 mths
-Free 12 mths Disney+

all for $20.67

Am struggling to choose between this and MyRepublic so I want to understand how MR's 5G has been operating before I made the decision. Frankly, I am leaning toward the retention offer because of the 12 mths free disney+ (ever since subscription prices jacked).

looking for some views on the above. TIA!
You never share MR's offer (if any), so hard to decide.
But if it works, why switch, ain't it.
 

it_geek

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
765
This is a good deal. Nothing to struggle about. Unless you are telling me My Republic's offer (which you didn't state what it is) is better?

You never share MR's offer (if any), so hard to decide.
But if it works, why switch, ain't it.

sorry i didnt make it clear in my post.

Despite me having a MR broadband line, they refused to offer any discount for their mobile line :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Maybe because I am still on their legacy 200mbps plan

I was looking at Gomo 5G - is that SA or NSA?
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,640
Reaction score
618
sorry i didnt make it clear in my post.

Despite me having a MR broadband line, they refused to offer any discount for their mobile line :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Maybe because I am still on their legacy 200mbps plan

I was looking at Gomo 5G - is that SA or NSA?
Gomo 5G is NSA.

Singtel's 5G SA is only available for Singtel subscribers. all the MVNOs using Singtel network only have NSA.

Starhub, MR 5G and Giga have access to Starhub 5G SA.
 

it_geek

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
765
Gomo 5G is NSA.

Singtel's 5G SA is only available for Singtel subscribers. all the MVNOs using Singtel network only have NSA.

Starhub, MR 5G and Giga have access to Starhub 5G SA.
ok thanks. then i think my option is very clear. i will proceed with the renewal on the terms given by the retention team.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,177
sorry i didnt make it clear in my post.

Despite me having a MR broadband line, they refused to offer any discount for their mobile line :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Maybe because I am still on their legacy 200mbps plan

I was looking at Gomo 5G - is that SA or NSA?
Why are you still on their legacy 200mbps though? :s13:
 

it_geek

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
765
Why are you still on their legacy 200mbps though? :s13:
i signed during COVID-19.

needed a reliable consumer ISP that could provide static IP. at that time only VQ and MR offered this. SI had left the consumer space by then. MR was a better choice because the static IP was a one time fee unlike VQ which charged it monthly.

Read the reviews on VQ and that convinced me not to pick them

Also didnt need much bandwidth so I just picked the cheapest plan

once the price reverts to the full $51.99 i think i will just terminate. my tenancy going to end soon
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top