6 year old laptop gets very hot.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
22,629
Reaction score
19,941
My 6 year old laptop gets very very hot even when doing tasks that I feel are not intensive.

Watching 720p video on YouTube or streaming on Twitch my CPU and GPU goes to 80+C to 90C
I'm currently installing a low-end game on my laptop and my CPU is now running at 97C and 96C. GPU at 83C

I'm suspecting either the thermal paste is a goner, or there are too much dust inside the laptop. I never cleaned it/reapply thermal paste since day 1 cause I don't know how to disassemble a laptop.

Is it still worth it to do anything about this laptop?
 

souler87

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
0
Suggest u trade in for a little $$ to buy a new laptop. Current gen laptop more power efficient, think for your usage wun go beyond 60 degree.
 

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
22,629
Reaction score
19,941
Suggest u trade in for a little $$ to buy a new laptop. Current gen laptop more power efficient, think for your usage wun go beyond 60 degree.

Thank you for the reply

Don't think mine can fetch even $10 haha.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
If its a duo core cpu, pcdreams usually do take it in at a decent pricing.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top