6700K users..Share your speed

Ah_Yong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
9,420
Reaction score
0
I am not familiar with the potential of 6700K cpus, hope can find more knowledge here from bros on how far I can push.

I start off with mine. Cooled with H80i

Capture_zpswuodgeda.png


Capture2_zpsryrpp76d.png
 

lance04

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Tried running Prime95 at 100% full load, each core is about 95C
:super::super::super:

Something is not right.... my 3570K with H80i is running 4.3ghz on auto voltage.... peak stress test temp at 80degs. idle at 40-42deg. No aircon in house haha.
 

BlueSwift

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
cannot, pls lower ur voltage n clock, that's dam bad for long term

Current Prime95 versions are causing CPUs reaching these temps, not surprised by it.

After spending one week tweaking my 6700K, best softwares to use IMO are RealBench and x264, with 12 hour runs on both. At 4.6Ghz, Lowest Voltage I achieved was 1.28V @ 69 degrees max.
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
Current Prime95 versions are causing CPUs reaching these temps, not surprised by it.

After spending one week tweaking my 6700K, best softwares to use IMO are RealBench and x264, with 12 hour runs on both. At 4.6Ghz, Lowest Voltage I achieved was 1.28V @ 69 degrees max.

Ya current Prime95 can hit high temps now

I suggest something like OCCT :s13:
 

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
Actually I damn noob. I using Asus Z170i mb and have no idea how to oc the way you did by increasing the multiplier and leave the bus speed alone. In the BIOS I can find only the option to change the BCLK value, which while does increase CPU speed, it lowers my 2666Mhz ram to weird numbers like 25xx mhz...
 

BlueSwift

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Ya current Prime95 can hit high temps now

I suggest something like OCCT :s13:

Haha, OCCT gave me alot of errors at my voltage, but during gaming, perfectly fine :D. But yeah, if people want to have a super stable OC CPU, I'd agree, OCCT is highly recommended.

Actually I damn noob. I using Asus Z170i mb and have no idea how to oc the way you did by increasing the multiplier and leave the bus speed alone. In the BIOS I can find only the option to change the BCLK value, which while does increase CPU speed, it lowers my 2666Mhz ram to weird numbers like 25xx mhz...

Did you enable X.M.P. when overclocking?
 

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
Did you enable X.M.P. when overclocking?

Yes I did. Does that prevent OC?

Also, if I use the Asus AI Suite, the Dual Intelligent Processors app, I set:

BCLK 100Mhz
Ratio 44
CPU Cache Ratio (what is this?) 44X

And I get 4400Mhz CPU Frequency, but my DRAM frequency is 2394.6Mhz, and I can't find an option to turn on XMP. My RAM is supposed to be 2666 Mhz. Also the CPU Core Voltage auto-increased to vary from 1.36V to 1.45V. The CPU Frequency reported will keep jumping from 4400Mhz to 800Mhz, why is that?
 

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
50,979
Reaction score
4
xmp is to overclock your ram...

:s13: im too lazy to play with overclock
just press gaming mode...auto OC to 4.4 :s34:
 

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
140,721
Reaction score
9,381
Yes I did. Does that prevent OC?

Also, if I use the Asus AI Suite, the Dual Intelligent Processors app, I set:

BCLK 100Mhz
Ratio 44
CPU Cache Ratio (what is this?) 44X

And I get 4400Mhz CPU Frequency, but my DRAM frequency is 2394.6Mhz, and I can't find an option to turn on XMP. My RAM is supposed to be 2666 Mhz. Also the CPU Core Voltage auto-increased to vary from 1.36V to 1.45V. The CPU Frequency reported will keep jumping from 4400Mhz to 800Mhz, why is that?
because 1-click auto-overclock is bad and only a marketing gimmick .... thats why your voltage (and possible temperature too) ventured into the unsafe zone ......
because the motherboard 1-click auto overclock only know it must accomplish mission for the owner which is to hit target clockspeed or as high as possible ... it does not understand what voltage or temperature is unsafe
 

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
xmp is to overclock your ram...

:s13: im too lazy to play with overclock
just press gaming mode...auto OC to 4.4 :s34:

Yah... finally figured out how to use the Asus AI program, press optimise and gave me 4700Mhz oc :s13:

But DRAM Freq still show 2392.3Mhz :s11:
 

jnashville

Banned
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
2
Actually I damn noob. I using Asus Z170i mb and have no idea how to oc the way you did by increasing the multiplier and leave the bus speed alone. In the BIOS I can find only the option to change the BCLK value, which while does increase CPU speed, it lowers my 2666Mhz ram to weird numbers like 25xx mhz...

Oc very easy ma.. dont touch bclk. Thats only for those non k cpu on older bios to use. Just change multiplier to example 45 and core voltage to about 1.32 and test. Xmp enable will set your ram to its advertised speed. For mine, xmp enabled..my ram speed become 3200mhz

Do all of this in bios and not those software on the desktop.
 

DJSnip3r

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Moi got question, if bios set 1.32v cpu-z shows voltage fluctuating between 1.28v to 1.328v, but stress test on intel xtu is stable at 1.296v, means can lower the voltage somemore? Or cpu-z not so zhun? :(
3ab3b66592.png
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top