A.Lab vs Orchard Apple Store (compare)

danvin

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Hi guys can i check whether should i send my phone (Screen crack but LCD and Touch panel all intact no damage) to A.lab or Apple Store, Orchard Road .

Any kind soul out there can provide some information .

Thanks you very much
 

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
6,544
Reaction score
79
Hi guys can i check whether should i send my phone (Screen crack but LCD and Touch panel all intact no damage) to A.lab or Apple Store, Orchard Road .

Any kind soul out there can provide some information .

Thanks you very much

price wise should be no difference. service wise, Apple Orchard anyday
 

chris888222

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
1,701
Reaction score
3
price wise should be no difference. service wise, Apple Orchard anyday

Honestly I wouldn’t be too sure about price either. I was quoted more than 300 (can’t rmb the amount but I posted it in one of the old threads) at alab CCP to replace my late 2012 MacBook Pro’s battery, and I don’t think Apple would charge that much for a battery change.

You can book an appointment for the Genius Bar using the Apple Support app too. Be sure to be punctual though.
 

chester121

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
711
Reaction score
1
Honestly I wouldn’t be too sure about price either. I was quoted more than 300 (can’t rmb the amount but I posted it in one of the old threads) at alab CCP to replace my late 2012 MacBook Pro’s battery, and I don’t think Apple would charge that much for a battery change.

You can book an appointment for the Genius Bar using the Apple Support app too. Be sure to be punctual though.

Casually asked a Genius last month how much it'd cost to replace the battery of my Mid-2013 MacBook Air and was quoted $160.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
You can go ask all other resellers to fly kite. Service will never match up to Apple Store. Period.

They’re not built for that purpose. Driving sales is their purpose.
 

snowcrash

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
983
Reaction score
41
there is also QCD at Wheellock place.

For out of warranty services... can get a quote from service providers and Apple store.

You will be surprised there are differences now.
 

danvin

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
if compare to 3rd party i have a friend repairing at $110 will the touch id have problems
 

guncon

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
126
Reaction score
3
iPhone screen replacement is a 2-hour job at Apple Store Orchard Road. Collection is same-day in 2 hours time. It would probably take way longer than that at A-Lab.
 

danvin

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
i went to apple store to replace my phone screen cost me $248 . (IPHONE 7 PLUS)

A note to all people who wants to repair their phone at apple orchard must make an appointment no walk in is entertain
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Prior to Apple Store's opening, I've visited A.Lab at Changi City Point and I also booked a Genius Bar appointment once at the Apple Store too, all for Apple Watch issues. My take is that the Genius Bar experience is more fluid and pleasant than A.Lab.

Customer service wise, need I say more? ;)
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
So if we go Apple Store the repair is done by apple genius at the store or they refer u bxk to A labs ?

Prior to Apple Store's opening, I've visited A.Lab at Changi City Point and I also booked a Genius Bar appointment once at the Apple Store too, all for Apple Watch issues. My take is that the Genius Bar experience is more fluid and pleasant than A.Lab.

Customer service wise, need I say more? ;)
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
So if we go Apple Store the repair is done by apple genius at the store or they refer u bxk to A labs ?

When I sent my Series 2 for replacement, was told that they will send it to a 'repair centre' before bringing it back to the Apple Store for collection.

In the end was given a replacement, but a new replacement.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,172
Reaction score
3,194
So if we go Apple Store the repair is done by apple genius at the store or they refer u bxk to A labs ?
Apple Orchard Road has a service centre behind the scenes.

I sent my MacBook in for Staingate replacement on the 2nd day of the opening and within the same day they notify me that it is read for collection.
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Apple Orchard Road has a service centre behind the scenes.

I sent my MacBook in for Staingate replacement on the 2nd day of the opening and within the same day they notify me that it is read for collection.

I suppose might only be for certain products. My Apple Watch Series 2 took around a week of the 'up to 15 business days' to be ready for collection.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top