AC Noise reduction help needed!

Patek92

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2013
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Yo fellow HWZ friends!

I have recently purchased a Audio Engine A5+ speakers and I can hear AC noise coming from both sides.

I have went back to test at the seller shop, and there wasn't anything wrong with the speakers. I tried disconnecting the speakers in whatever way, as long as the power is on, there is AC noise, I tried plugging to different extension also the same, I plug in directly to wall socket also got AC noise.

To me the AC noise is very significant especially when I on my air con only.

Are there any solution you guys can offer?

I heard getting belkin surge protector may help, but I was disappointed at their design of not having switch on each individual hole.

Let me know of what can I do to improve this beside running thru new wires or making big changes to the house. Thanks a lot!
 

westom

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2010
Messages
147
Reaction score
3
I heard getting belkin surge protector may help, but I was disappointed at their design of not having switch on each individual hole.
Noise is maybe as much as tens of volts. Surge protector ignores all electricity until voltage well exceeds 500 volts. What would a surge protector do? Enrich the manufacturer who has encouraged so many to stay ignorant.

Power supply inside all electronics must remove AC noise. Apparently your electronics has an inferior or defective supply. So they want you to spend excessively on, for example, series mode filters to cure what the manufacturer failed to provide. Failed to provide what must come standard in all electronics.

Why change wiring in a house because an appliance has a defective or compromised supply?
 

Patek92

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2013
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the insight bro, but I realized its not the AC issue already. Miracle, I moved the amp left speaker away from the wall behind, that buzzing sound goes lower and nearly not as noticeable. I believe is the wiring inside the wall that affects the amp?
 

westom

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2010
Messages
147
Reaction score
3
I moved the amp left speaker away from the wall behind, that buzzing sound goes lower and nearly not as noticeable.
Numerous issues to first determine. For example, was it changed by moving the amp or by moving input signal cables to that amp? Or moving the speaker wire that connects to the other passive speaker?

AC noise would be a very low frequency hum. You said buzzing. That would be a higher frequency source. What is generating a higher frequency noise? Best solution is to solve noise at its generator; not at its victim. That means identifying the generator.

Two simple questions are what is the noise generator? And what of so many possible input paths are into the speakers? Is it incoming via signal cables? Or is it incoming directly to amplifier circuits inside the left speaker? A solution comes later once those simple questions are first determined.
 

Felfirez

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
3,546
Reaction score
0
This buzzing issue might come from grounding or a bad cable/solder. The solution might not be as complicated as you'd think. Moving the speakers means moving the cables too. That might be the issue.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top