Account locked out

galapogos2

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi admins

I'm galapogos. I was locked out of my account just today. My existing password doesn't work, and when I tried to reset password, my existing email address does not work.

Tried it on 3 browsers on my desktop, still doesn't work. I'm afraid my account may be compromised.

Please assist in resetting my account. If you need to verify any information before resetting, you may email me, since this is a temporary new account I created to post this.

Thank you!
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
I don't think so, there is a mandatory password change by 16 March, guess you wasn't aware of this. I got the same problem with the login early this morning, eventually fixed the issue with request for new password feature after the captcha verification.
 

galapogos2

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Thanks. I must've been using a very old email address when registering for the HWZ forums. Is there any way to find out the email address I was using?
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Thanks. I must've been using a very old email address when registering for the HWZ forums. Is there any way to find out the email address I was using?

The account with the regular HWZ articles and latest buzz send to you. You must have some emails from HWZ as a moderator, this is the account you tied to your HWZ membership.
 

galapogos2

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
The account with the regular HWZ articles and latest buzz send to you. You must have some emails from HWZ as a moderator, this is the account you tied to your HWZ membership.
Haha, I haven't received any HWZ related email for a long time, I think I created the HWZ account with a very old, unused email account. How can I find out my email address?
 
Last edited:

galapogos2

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Haha, I haven't received any HWZ related email for a long time, I think I created the HWZ account with a very old, unused email account. How can I find out my email address?
OK I tried entering a few of my old email accounts into the reset password form and 1 of them was recognized as a valid email, and the system said instructions would be sent there, but after checking that email account, I don't see anything. Already verified that the email address is working by sending another email to it from a separate account. Also, I see quite a lot of other hwz related email there so it should be legit.

Admins, please help me out here.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
OK I tried entering a few of my old email accounts into the reset password form and 1 of them was recognized as a valid email, and the system said instructions would be sent there, but after checking that email account, I don't see anything. Already verified that the email address is working by sending another email to it from a separate account. Also, I see quite a lot of other hwz related email there so it should be legit.

Admins, please help me out here.

Do check the email spam folder.
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
OK I tried entering a few of my old email accounts into the reset password form and 1 of them was recognized as a valid email, and the system said instructions would be sent there, but after checking that email account, I don't see anything. Already verified that the email address is working by sending another email to it from a separate account. Also, I see quite a lot of other hwz related email there so it should be legit.

Admins, please help me out here.
Hi galapogos,

This should be the email account tied to your HWZ account, I got the instruction in less than 1 minute after the password request submitted.

If you receive nothing, I guess you need the administrator to assist you in the login.
 

galapogos2

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Thanks. Tried several resets liao, still nothing. I cleared the entire mailbox (full of years of unread email lol) before resetting to make sure I don't miss it, still nothing. Nothing in spam folder either.

Admins please help. Also a note, mandatory password changes and notifications should be done on the system itself rather than via email :(
 

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,195
Reaction score
5,286
Thanks. Tried several resets liao, still nothing. I cleared the entire mailbox (full of years of unread email lol) before resetting to make sure I don't miss it, still nothing. Nothing in spam folder either.

Admins please help. Also a note, mandatory password changes and notifications should be done on the system itself rather than via email :(

See my PM to you. :)

O
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Thanks. Tried several resets liao, still nothing. I cleared the entire mailbox (full of years of unread email lol) before resetting to make sure I don't miss it, still nothing. Nothing in spam folder either.

Admins please help. Also a note, mandatory password changes and notifications should be done on the system itself rather than via email :(

Posted a requests for assistance in CR after my previous reply. :)
 

Milo T-REX

Suspended
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
530
Reaction score
0
Sorry for the late reply! A system email have been dispatched to the affected email with instructions to retrieve your password.

Please check both your inbox and spam mail. ;)

Thanks! As you've rightly noted, I can't reply to you, but appreciate it! :)



Thanks! I also reported 2 days ago via general feedback and admin contact, but no news yet.
 

galapogos2

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Sorry for the late reply! A system email have been dispatched to the affected email with instructions to retrieve your password.

Please check both your inbox and spam mail. ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, I've just checked my email account, still nothing, in both inbox and junk folder. I'm wondering if the email address is correct. Could you PM me the affected email address for verification?
 

hungrymao

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi!

Is there anyway to reset my old account?

Reading the postings it seems there was a mandatory password change on 16th March which I wasn't aware of.

I am unable to request for change of password as my account was created with my old email address which doesn't exist anymore

I need to change it to my current email address

so that I can request for a new password.

Anyway you guys can help?

Many thanks!
 

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,195
Reaction score
5,286
Hi!

Is there anyway to reset my old account?

Reading the postings it seems there was a mandatory password change on 16th March which I wasn't aware of.

I am unable to request for change of password as my account was created with my old email address which doesn't exist anymore

I need to change it to my current email address

so that I can request for a new password.

Anyway you guys can help?

Many thanks!

Hi

Please email membership@hardwarezone.com.sg

Admin will take it from there :o

O
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top