Acer XB271HU

Zico Kuang

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am also looking to get the Acer XB271HU, and have left t258jgn a message, can he get it for me?
 

jayz_sg

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
0


Got my monitor today. So far am loving the monitor. Only thing is that the monitor takes up a little bit more desk space due to the base. But I'm sure I will get used to it. :D
 

TechZSG

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
793
Reaction score
5


Got my monitor today. So far am loving the monitor. Only thing is that the monitor takes up a little bit more desk space due to the base. But I'm sure I will get used to it. :D

Looks great!

Did you pre-order it via tj?
 

majora

Master Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
2,976
Reaction score
8


Got my monitor today. So far am loving the monitor. Only thing is that the monitor takes up a little bit more desk space due to the base. But I'm sure I will get used to it. :D
Looks good man. Can I ask do u connect your wii u console to your monitor too?
 

jayz_sg

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
Looks great!

Did you pre-order it via tj?

No I didn't preorder from him, I think his preorder next week then arrive.

that lower right corner is light grey or blb ?

That is light grey. I think shadow of the cave.

Looks good man. Can I ask do u connect your wii u console to your monitor too?

My Wii U in my living room man, all nicely cable managed. The Wii U game pad you see is just a charging dock, I charge my gamepad and 3DS on my desk. Lazy to undo all the cable to move to my room. I dun use this monitor for console game, but maybe next year NX released, I may move my Wii U to my room. :D

Some initial thoughts on this monitor, I come from 24" IPS monitor, but to me the monitor is so big. I have to move my head to see the top of the monitor. I had to move the monitor down quite a bit to get it in my view without moving my head. First time user of G-Sync, really fantastic technology. I think I will replay some of my older games :s13:
First time user of anything above 60hz as well, games are way better at 165Hz. Only thing Windows itself feels weird in 165hz like too fluid movement, I think this is something I will get used to.

Oh and the inbuilt speakers are not really good. But I dun think anyone who buys this monitor cares about in built speakers. They should have done away with it and try to bring the price down. But overall really great monitor, no regrets getting it. Next 2 weekends long weekend, time for long hour gaming. :D
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
No I didn't preorder from him, I think his preorder next week then arrive.



That is light grey. I think shadow of the cave.



My Wii U in my living room man, all nicely cable managed. The Wii U game pad you see is just a charging dock, I charge my gamepad and 3DS on my desk. Lazy to undo all the cable to move to my room. I dun use this monitor for console game, but maybe next year NX released, I may move my Wii U to my room. :D

Some initial thoughts on this monitor, I come from 24" IPS monitor, but to me the monitor is so big. I have to move my head to see the top of the monitor. I had to move the monitor down quite a bit to get it in my view without moving my head. First time user of G-Sync, really fantastic technology. I think I will replay some of my older games :s13:
First time user of anything above 60hz as well, games are way better at 165Hz. Only thing Windows itself feels weird in 165hz like too fluid movement, I think this is something I will get used to.

Oh and the inbuilt speakers are not really good. But I dun think anyone who buys this monitor cares about in built speakers. They should have done away with it and try to bring the price down. But overall really great monitor, no regrets getting it. Next 2 weekends long weekend, time for long hour gaming. :D

Getting very tempted with your review. Can you comment on the black levels of the monitor as well? Also, I take it that this monitor is matte coating and not glossy?
 

jayz_sg

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
Getting very tempted with your review. Can you comment on the black levels of the monitor as well? Also, I take it that this monitor is matte coating and not glossy?

Well when watching a movie, the top and bottom black bars looks deep black to me. I can hardly tell where the panel stop and bezel begins.

Yes, I believe it is matte coating.

Those who already got this monitor know what is the OD menu for? It has 3 options; OFF, Normal and Extreme. :s11:
 

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
11,026
Reaction score
1,227
better get XB271HU or XB270HU?

get xb270hu, the latest batches can be overclocked to 165hz too..
see my previous post, only diff is the aesthetics...
last itshow it was selling for 999...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top