Hi guys im new to the storage scene just a few queries to ask before i upgrade my system..
Would adding additional HDDs increase overall HDD performance for performing data intensive (multiple I/O) tasks? Or will it slow down or maintain? For example, I have a 500GB SATA (5400rpm) currently, will adding on 2 more of such drives to my system affect HDD or system performance? Those 2 more would be more of storage drives.
In general for reading/writing data, the speed improvement when using SSDs is more apparent for a few MB of data, few GB of data or hundreds of GB? In reality, how much faster is a typical SSD faster over a HDD of similar cost?
I would need answers that are applicable in present context (latest in the HDD/SSD scene) thanks.
Would adding additional HDDs increase overall HDD performance for performing data intensive (multiple I/O) tasks? Or will it slow down or maintain? For example, I have a 500GB SATA (5400rpm) currently, will adding on 2 more of such drives to my system affect HDD or system performance? Those 2 more would be more of storage drives.
In general for reading/writing data, the speed improvement when using SSDs is more apparent for a few MB of data, few GB of data or hundreds of GB? In reality, how much faster is a typical SSD faster over a HDD of similar cost?
I would need answers that are applicable in present context (latest in the HDD/SSD scene) thanks.