
1) You mentioned transferring $300-$350 across monthly to buy the ETF. So does that mean I need to have an existing savings/current acct with stanchart first in order to perform online trading? (I currently only have a online banking acct with them because of my manhattan credit card, no savings acct)
2) Can we apply to open a stanchart trading account via online or need to go physically to stanchart branch?
3) Do we need a CDP account too? Is the stanchart trading account equivalent to a CDP account?
4) I understand that ETF investors have to pass a CAR test. Is this tested at the point of open a trading account? Or prior to that? If fail the test, gotta wait how long to take a retest?
5) You mentioned 7% a year growth. Is that the norm for Nikko STI ETFs?
6) What is the possibility of a ETF getting delisted from SGX? What happens then? Do we lose all the capital we have put in?
yes well said!
buy term for insurance and investing yourself ~
I noticed that for OCBC's Blue Chip Investment Plan (BCIP), the fee is 0.30% + $5 transaction fee. In this case, should I apply for this or there are other cheaper alternatives?
I noticed that for OCBC's Blue Chip Investment Plan (BCIP), the fee is 0.30% + $5 transaction fee. In this case, should I apply for this or there are other cheaper alternatives?
Normal term plan covers you till 65,75 and so on.
The next thing is whether the person is an investor. Do you have time to monitor your investment?
And lastly, Had you consider what would happen to your money, if touch wood anything happens to you while you are investing.
Every product have its pros and cons and thus choose the one that suits you best.
.
there are term with more than 75. enough said.
you think park money with insurance agent don't need monitor? no free lunch bro. be ready to get sucked by the hefty cost.
other than pruterm vantage, is there other terms that can cover more than 75?
My opinion is that buy term invest the rest works for some. but not to all.
I would rather say,buy protection. Invest the rest.
you can compare with POSB similar plan.
It is supposed to be the higher of 0.3% or minimum $5...if you were to invest $100 monthly the fee is $5 as it is higher than 0.3% or $0.30..
However, OCBC is currently waiving the minimum $5 fee and instead will only charge 0.3% till June 2014...So for now till June 2014, if you invest $100, the fee is $0.30...So the monthly investment less the fee is $99.70...
For STI ETF,
1) Is Standard Chartered's custodian account considered safe as compared to other banks which links to your own CDP account? The main drawback is when stanchart uplorry, which is very very low possibility right?
Buy two lots a month of the Nikko ETF. That way you'll get the satisfaction of doing something every month, and you'll also be deploying your cash faster.2) Let's say if I have capital to buy 1 lot SPDR, is it more recommended to buy -
a) 1 lot (1000 shares) of SPDR STI ETF every 5 months (that's abt $600+ monthly), or
b) 2 lots (200 shares) of Nikko AM STI ETF very month (that's also abt $600+ monthly)
Nope. [URL="http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/sgxweb/home/products/securities/etfs" said:The two STI ETFs and the ABF bond fund have both been reclassified as EIPs[/URL], so you don't need to pass the test to buy them.
.
I noticed that for OCBC's Blue Chip Investment Plan (BCIP), the fee is 0.30% + $5 transaction fee. In this case, should I apply for this or there are other cheaper alternatives?
Which is the recommended bank for lowest fees currently ?
I won't be investing more than 300 per mth.