Advice needed - New PC build with Ryzen cpu!

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,373
Reaction score
10,231
Yes. Just would like to get some feedback on the advantage of going with X570 motherboard vs B450 motherboard.

most plan is get X570 or B550 with 3600. 2 years later when AM5 matures, can buy the older 12-16 cores 3000 or 4000 Ryzen for good price/perf.

B450 support for 3000 or 4000 Ryzen not as define. :o
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
feedback between X570 and B450, get X570 if you are using gen4 M2 SSD if not u can use B450 and save some money till next gen mobo comes out.

not sure if u could wait on, but now retail is back not sure stock will come in still... price will increase for new batch of stock that comes in. :(


Now is end Jun already. In another few months, there should be quite a few new product launches. But then usually when it just launch, will be expensive.


Never ending cycle. So just get what we need now, maybe forecast another 1-2yrs?
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,570
Reaction score
39,036
According to the experts here, they said ryzen is international warranty.

some of shopee sellers are local shop..... shopee have to camp for the price. the cheapest i saw is $199+ during 3.3.2020



-RMA tedious
-RMA downtime
-possibility of rejection etc.


i saw 1 guy before took taxi down just to rma $15 mouse.......i was like he can get another $15 mouse at challenger :s22:

previously got 1 guy bought problematic toshiba hdd and wasted a lot of time troubleshooting testing it etc

some people don't mind wasting time tho.......but worth anot must see the user.

all products will eventually spoil randomly but the quality build determine the % tio.




the casing is "alright" but the front don't have the mesh, the dusts build up will be 1 of the concern u going to face. the xishi seller is dishonest in doing business..so be careful when dealing with him.

Yeah I really hate to RMA.. waste time.. and effort... may as well spend the money to buy something that can really last and least likely to RMA.... or at least last until warranty over... then dun need to think of RMA liao.. I RMA before PSU, and motherboard... the PSU (Tagan) still not so bad.. the office in SLS itself.. the motherboard OMFG... it is at some remote area.. is Asrock and it take a month for it to return.. after that I never skimp on motherboard liao.. and still with MSI since I have the best experience when RMA there.. I go to RMA graphics card... 7900GT as it was showing artifacts and Corbell staff very helpful.. and that influenced my decision to buy mainly MSI products.. like motherboard and graphics card, which is easy to decide since their products are not bad.

That is why I still prefer to buy local from SLS store.. any problem can go back to shop or local distro.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,570
Reaction score
39,036
Yes. Just would like to get some feedback on the advantage of going with X570 motherboard vs B450 motherboard.

Is it the PCI-E 4.0?? Now NVME 2.0 also have Gen 4 and future graphics card?? :s22:

I am waiting for price to normalize first.. and I am in no hurry to upgrade now.. just scare my PSU or motherboard cannot last.. since it is quite old already...
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
491
Reaction score
43
Is it the PCI-E 4.0?? Now NVME 2.0 also have Gen 4 and future graphics card?? :s22:

I am waiting for price to normalize first.. and I am in no hurry to upgrade now.. just scare my PSU or motherboard cannot last.. since it is quite old already...

What's up with the pricing? What causes them to go so high?
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Yeah I really hate to RMA.. waste time.. and effort... may as well spend the money to buy something that can really last and least likely to RMA.... or at least last until warranty over... then dun need to think of RMA liao.. I RMA before PSU, and motherboard... the PSU (Tagan) still not so bad.. the office in SLS itself.. the motherboard OMFG... it is at some remote area.. is Asrock and it take a month for it to return.. after that I never skimp on motherboard liao.. and still with MSI since I have the best experience when RMA there.. I go to RMA graphics card... 7900GT as it was showing artifacts and Corbell staff very helpful.. and that influenced my decision to buy mainly MSI products.. like motherboard and graphics card, which is easy to decide since their products are not bad.

That is why I still prefer to buy local from SLS store.. any problem can go back to shop or local distro.


Yes. Think everybody hates RMA.


So far the most RMA I ever did was for Seagate harddisk. Luckily, their dropped of point is somewhere near Expo and I stay nearby and they will drop the replacement harddisk back to us.


I had some problem with my Gigabyte motherboard awhile back, so went to CDL Trading (near Commonwealth) before. The guy Jonathan there is also very helpful, good experience there.


I also did send Kingston RAM to Convergent for RMA before, people there also helpful and office is at Kaki Bukit, it was still ok. It was spare RAMs, so I drop it off when I was nearby.


The fans on my Zotac GTX 970 4GB graphics card was spoilt, so I sent it to TechDynamic to RMA, luckily they got spare cards, so was able to do 1-to-1 with me.


Now, I am probably going to buy my first MSI product or maybe Asus. Corbell is in AMK. Asus service center is at Burn Road, also in the East.



Actually, people doing RMA must know that customers who needs to RMA is suay. When people feeling suay show up liao, they must do everything they can to help, that will give a good customer experience.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Is it the PCI-E 4.0?? Now NVME 2.0 also have Gen 4 and future graphics card?? :s22:

I am waiting for price to normalize first.. and I am in no hurry to upgrade now.. just scare my PSU or motherboard cannot last.. since it is quite old already...


From YouTube, they say that only NVMe can utilised PCI-E 4.0. For graphic card, even PCI-E 3.0 also haven't max out.


Hmm ... my estimate is that the MSI X570 Tomahawk will cost about $150 or more than the B450 ones.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top