
On weekdays around this time, avoid the roads. Jams there are terrible.
Take and change train at Phaya Thai, at Siam and end up at Saphan Taksin. Take boat to Grand Palace. Yes, need to change train twice but I would rather do that than to be stuck in a traffic jam.
If I were you, I'll skip breakfast and go for buffet lunch at Mandarin Oriental Lord Jims (need to make reservation). To go there, just take the boat from the pier near to the Grand Palace.
Thank you very much for your advice.
Just wonder, from Ratchaprarop down south to Saphan Taksin and up north again by boat, isn't that one big round?
Bus, tuk tuk all cannot right?
Bus also stuck in jam.
Tuk tuk is usually scam. Expensive
Boat, no jam. And dirt cheap. If crowded, maybe free..
Just give yourself ample time. And be prepared by the onslaught of Chinese tourist at the Grand Palace.