Typo man, just saying I been using food instead of protein powder.
To answer your question : (however this is from SAF BMT perspective)
1. Protein Powder , Whey Powder are not allowed in SAF BMT. This is due to the fact that it will cause you to be heaty, hence being new soldiers, you guys might not be able to take the heat.
2. Food. There is an abundance of food ( Not meat though, you are only allowed one serving) Rice, Veg, Soup, Fruits are free flow, as long as you can finish it.
What you should be worried, is the lack of time to eat. Depending on the queue of the cookhouse, if you are the last of your platoon to eat, you might be left with only 10 minutes to consume your meal.
Nutritious Concern, each meal has been planned by dietitian to ensure you have sufficient energy for the daily training. Depending on your outside food now, some will bulk, some will decrease in mass. For me, I was underweight before BMT, after BMT (I was from PTP phase ), I gained 3kg. There are cases where ppl lost weight too. If you are those who need to eat a meal of whole chicken breast, you will definitely lose mass