Advice on power supply

Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have 780ti and 3 harddisk (2 sata 1 ssd), 4 fans.
I have FSP aurum 650w but recently after I installed another sata hdd, when i play BF4 it keeps crashing with Bf4 stopped working error. so i removed one of the hdd and it is fine so far. So need advice, is it really 650w is not enough? How many power supply should I upgrade it to?


Thanks
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
BF4 crashing would most probably be the game being installed in the bad sector HDD.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Should not be force closure of BF4 due to PSU.

Cause if there is not enough power your com would most probably shut off.

Might wanna do a clean installation. Or check if your GPU is on new drivers?
 
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Should not be force closure of BF4 due to PSU.

Cause if there is not enough power your com would most probably shut off.

Might wanna do a clean installation. Or check if your GPU is on new drivers?

Have tried reinstalling the latest driver, origin, game. Though I noticed that everytime the game crashes, 2 "com surrogate" processes appear in task manager. Sometimes they are shown when the game is running. Right after the game crashes, that two processes ended as well. Not sure if related.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top