Advise on building GAMER rig

h0td0gfr0g

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm intending to build a rig and it's my first time so I'm a noob at it. Mainly, I only use it for surfing net and playing some games thats all. Games that im playing will be dota2, CS:GO and MAYBE some mmorpgs? As mmorpgs requires long intensive grinding, do take into consideration that I don't want the pc to overheat as my pc will be running almost 24/7. If my budget is out of the option, I'm fine without playing any mmorpgs. My budget is sitting at 1.3k including a monitor, I already have mouse and keyboard. Kindly advise the specs and which shops can I go to. Thanks!
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
1.3k

Msi b85m g43 + i5-4460 ~ $345
Crucial 8gb 1600mhz value ram ~ $95
WD Blue 1tb ~ $71
Plextor m6s 128gb ~ $119
Powercolor r9 270 2gb ~ $257
Silverstone Essential 500w 80+ psu ~ $55
Coolermaster 311 Usb 3.0 chassis ~ $54
Samsung DVD drive ~ $21
Windows 7 home premium 64bit oem ~ $110
Dell s2340l 23inch eIPS panel ~ $179 (SAFRA promo at their website)

Total ~ $1306. Buy at tradepac except monitor. Diy
 

h0td0gfr0g

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
i5 4460 Asrock b85m pro4
G.skill 8gb ddr3 1600 cl 11
Powercolor r9 270 2gb turbo duo
WD 1tb blue
crucial mx100 256gb ssd
Samsung 24x dvdrw
seasonic m12ii 520w
cooler master n200
dell s2340l 23" ips panel

Reliable? I guess 256gb ssd is overkill.
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
i5 4460 Asrock b85m pro4
G.skill 8gb ddr3 1600 cl 11
Powercolor r9 270 2gb turbo duo
WD 1tb blue
crucial mx100 256gb ssd
Samsung 24x dvdrw
seasonic m12ii 520w
cooler master n200
dell s2340l 23" ips panel

Reliable? I guess 256gb ssd is overkill.

256GB is not overkill at all. If you are getting from tradepac, they have a bundle for powercolor r9 270 & fsp hexa 550W @ $298.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top