Affordable & Good Speaker System For Gaming

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
18,172
Reaction score
0
Hi,

As I am getting my new house next year, I intend to transform one of the rooms into a gaming hub so I need some advice on an affordable and good speaker system for my gaming PC. (My wife will kill me for this) :D

For a long time, I have using those cheap and 2.1 speaker systems which are not very good on the sound quality and there will always be a loud 'POP' sound when you switch on the systems.

Thus, I believe that those good and slightly expensive speaker systems will not have this issue.

Currently, I am using the SonicGear's Morro 2 speaker system which cost S$29.90 from Courts. :s13:

There will be a loud 'POP' sound whenever I switch on the system. Damn irritating. It's the same for any Creative speaker system (2.1) which I supported back then.

Thanks.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
how afforable u want...base on your previous budget most likely u will still go with the same brands of speaker u are using currently...
 

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
18,172
Reaction score
0
how afforable u want...base on your previous budget most likely u will still go with the same brands of speaker u are using currently...

No lah... I am aiming for four speakers, at least, then I can mount them on the four corners of a room. Hehehe... :s13:

Wait... After looking at the specifications on the two recommended items above, I never know a 2.1 system can be so powerful. Wow...
 
Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
To eliminate the loud POP sound, turn on the speakers after you turn on your PC. nothing to do with your speaker's quality. U buy $1000 speakers may also have the same issue.
 

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
18,172
Reaction score
0
To eliminate the loud POP sound, turn on the speakers after you turn on your PC. nothing to do with your speaker's quality. U buy $1000 speakers may also have the same issue.

I have turned off the volume before I switched off the system every time.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
buy Belkin surge protector and swans m10.

If you want quality, buy speakers with wooden not plastic case.
 

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
18,172
Reaction score
0
buy Belkin surge protector and swans m10.

If you want quality, buy speakers with wooden not plastic case.

I see. For a long time, my speaker systems only have wooden casings for the sub-woofers. The speakers are encased in plastic.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
I see. For a long time, my speaker systems only have wooden casings for the sub-woofers. The speakers are encased in plastic.

After I use surge protector for cpu, monitor and speakers, there is no popping sound
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
Creative Gigaworks T20 or T40 series II.

I personally using T20. It's 2.0 stereo speakers but sound quality is decent and only about 60 or 70 (can't recall) during IT show last year. The pop sound you mentioned about creative speakers, I don't have this problem at all. :s22:

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT
 

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
18,172
Reaction score
0
im using swanspeaker m10 and also facing this popping sound whenever i off the speaker. :s22:

The 'POP' sound will occur whenever I switched on the speaker system.

I tried to separate the speakers away from the sub-woofer to about a distance of more than 1 meter. No effect.

I even placed the sub-woofer either on the floor or on the table. No effect. The sound comes from the sub-woofer. :(
 

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
18,172
Reaction score
0
Switch on or off? Your first post mentions there is a POP sound when you switch ON the system. Now you say switch OFF?

Your comment: "To eliminate the loud POP sound, turn on the speakers after you turn on your PC. nothing to do with your speaker's quality. U buy $1000 speakers may also have the same issue."

My apologies. I thought you were referring whether I turn off the volume when I switch off the speaker system or not. Yes. I did switch off the volume before turning off the speaker system. That didn't produce a 'POP' sound though. And I did that before I shut down my PC.

As to reply your comment above, I did just that. I powered up the PC. Then I switched on the speaker system. 'POP' will come from the sub-woofer.
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,860
Reaction score
30,438
Speaker pop is like cancer

Not all people who use handphone will get cancer

Some people don't use handphone still get cancer

And many people who have cancer don't realize they do
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top