Agoda promo code

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
can stack with ShopBack (8%) + CC cash back (up to 10%) ... happy ;)

Cannot stack ... tried and tested ...
u have to book with that specific link to get the 10% discount (before taxes) ... just like expedia, now u cant use certain bank discount code, if u link from shopback. have to use that specific link to apply the bank 10% discount ...

I dont mean stack with CC/bank discount code.

I meant stack the 10% Agoda code with ShopBack + using CC with rebate (of up to 10%) and also get Agoda credits ... tried & tested, all my past 2 years' trips to Japan & Indonesia.

Unless there are recent changes ... ??

edit: yes, there are times when the ShopBack Agoda page dont have the box to input the Agoda 10% code, but I usually start all over again & eventually, I would get it.
It helps to bookmark the site that allows 10% code for future reference.

Those properties from eg) Booking.com sold by Agoda also dont allow 10% code.

Tried again just now ...
Can use the discount code ...
However, the price shown from shopback link is on the higher side.

Example:
Shopback link to agoda: $108
After disc is $98.8

Use that specific link to agoda: $99.70
After disc is $91.12

Must well dont use shopback ... Since not much difference, just to save that $2 then have to wait for a month or so to get that cash back ... Y not get the rebates now ...
Unless your booking is few hundreds dollars, maybe worth using the cashback ...

Yup, those under booking.com or select Rooms is not there

Open Tab 1 - Agoda Normal Link (Cheaper Price)
Open Tab 2 - Shopback, then go to Agoda (More Expensive). Now shopback is "active"
Go back to Tab 1 and finish your booking.

I only try this one time, just recently and it worked. Not sure if will work consistently. Try and let us know.

I tried and shopback can track it. But after some time, mine gt cancelled. Dunnoe if its coz i cancel in Agoda or what. But i revert back to giftcards rather than back to CC, so it should work. And my very 1st agoda -shopback cashback is still there, anything after that all gone. lol. So dun put too much hope in it.

And shopback pricing is higher than that agoda 10% link.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
Open Tab 1 - Agoda Normal Link (Cheaper Price)
Open Tab 2 - Shopback, then go to Agoda (More Expensive). Now shopback is "active"
Go back to Tab 1 and finish your booking.

I only try this one time, just recently and it worked. Not sure if will work consistently. Try and let us know.

yes, the Agoda prices tend to change for some reason

i can never recall what r the steps i took, but I take note of the lowest price from various methods, bookmark that & only book if the lowest price is available on ShopBack link ... trial & error many times :o
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,545
Reaction score
152
Seems like there are different rates when you use different links.
For example. If you use tripadvisor or hotelscombined to access agoda. They may come up with different rates.
 
Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Open Tab 1 - Agoda Normal Link (Cheaper Price)
Open Tab 2 - Shopback, then go to Agoda (More Expensive). Now shopback is "active"
Go back to Tab 1 and finish your booking.

I only try this one time, just recently and it worked. Not sure if will work consistently. Try and let us know.

haha ... gonna try it later ...
thanks for sharing ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Seems like there are different rates when you use different links.
For example. If you use tripadvisor or hotelscombined to access agoda. They may come up with different rates.

yup ... Prices varies ...
Website vs app ...
within website, the link matters too ...
The difference might just be few dollars, however if u booking many nights, might turn up to perhaps 50+ dollars ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Open Tab 1 - Agoda Normal Link (Cheaper Price)
Open Tab 2 - Shopback, then go to Agoda (More Expensive). Now shopback is "active"
Go back to Tab 1 and finish your booking.

I only try this one time, just recently and it worked. Not sure if will work consistently. Try and let us know.

Managed to get the 8% shopback for agoda ...
however, not sure if is like some others have mentioned ...
Halfway would be gone lol ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
tis blogger is trying to get u to use his referral links so tat he can earn comm.

shortcut - google search ur hotel name > click on Book A Room (Blue tab right side of screen from results) > click on Agoda for any room

the 10% code will appear.

Update: humm, not sure y i try to book using the 10% code but it can't work now. been using tis trick quite a few times.

Have to clear your cookies ?
Sometimes didnt managed to apply the discount.
Then closed the browser and tried the link again, the discount code works ...
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,545
Reaction score
152
yeah tried all kind of patterns. i guess certain hotels can't use the 10%.

i tried a few other hotels can show the discount at booking page but the one i alw book can't use; it says invalid promo. :(

What browser are you using? Try using another browser?
And have you tried using the link I shared earlier?
Haven't encountered problems with it yet.
If it does not work. Try closing your browser and restarting it again and it should work.
Btw I use google chrome if that helps.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
yeah tried all kind of patterns. i guess certain hotels can't use the 10%.

i tried a few other hotels can show the discount at booking page but the one i alw book can't use; it says invalid promo. :(

if u c the promo code box, means u can apply ...
If there is a cross, meaning to say that you might need to redo the process again ... Or the hotel that you are booking doesnt accept promo ... by the way which hotel u r looking at ?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
What browser are you using? Try using another browser?
And have you tried using the link I shared earlier?
Haven't encountered problems with it yet.
If it does not work. Try closing your browser and restarting it again and it should work.
Btw I use google chrome if that helps.

I used google chrome, it works ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
if u r booking for hotels with "pay at hotel", u cant use discount code ....
U only can use the discount for "pay now", "pay later"
 

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
6,987
Reaction score
477
I booked using https://www.agoda.com/citibanksg due to the 12% off.

I also noticed that it seems like Agoda have better X-rate than bank.

I cancelled my previous booking THB6684.45, Citi charged me SGD 300.30. Citi X-rate @ 22.259

I booked another hotel SGD233.41 (THB5384.52) Agoda X-rate @ 23.07
But due to I selected the "Pay later" option, its charged me THB5384.52, so I guess I will kenna Citi X-rate again. :(

Do correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
I booked using https://www.agoda.com/citibanksg due to the 12% off.

I also noticed that it seems like Agoda have better X-rate than bank.

I cancelled my previous booking THB6684.45, Citi charged me SGD 300.30. Citi X-rate @ 22.259

I booked another hotel SGD233.41 (THB5384.52) Agoda X-rate @ 23.07
But due to I selected the "Pay later" option, its charged me THB5384.52, so I guess I will kenna Citi X-rate again. :(

Do correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Dont/Never use the Pay Later option on Agoda ... for Pay Later, Agoda will levy an additional "fee" on top of the then Exchange Rate ... someone had pasted the Terms for Pay Later before highlighting this
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Dont/Never use the Pay Later option on Agoda ... for Pay Later, Agoda will levy an additional "fee" on top of the then Exchange Rate ... someone had pasted the Terms for Pay Later before highlighting this

Booked japan hotel @ $117 ... Pay Later
Bill come out $126 ...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top