Air Canada to Vancouver

wuso

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
926
Reaction score
85
Anyone has multiple first-hand experience taking Air Canada to Vancouver, specifically from Shanghai, ie PVG-YVR?
How's the feedback?

Thanks.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
If just purely looking for cheap flights on decent airlines to North America, try looking on American Airlines website for CX and/or JL flights.

I paid S$700+ return for HKG-x/TYO-JFK//SFO-x/TYO-HKG on Japan Airlines, with TYO-HKG on Dragon Air. SIN-HKG-SIN on budget airlines. Flew SIN-HKG on Tiger for $100 including 20kg baggage. Have not bought my HKG-SIN yet.

When I was buying my flights, it was mid S$700+ for Beijing to Vancouver return on Air Canada. I went with Japan Airlines as I brought my bicycle and it is over the 158cm limit. Air Canada charges a bicycle fee while Japan Airlines don't.
 

wuso

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
926
Reaction score
85
Well, cheap flights is definitely top priority, but my final destination is Alaska, so there will be one more leg. So looking at YVR and SEA as the main international flight from SG. Also trying not to have too many transit stops, as it gets tiring with the body getting older.......... :sad:
I've prev looked at AA b4, but didn't quite see anything for me...

Anyway, thanks for the info and suggestions!


If just purely looking for cheap flights on decent airlines to North America, try looking on American Airlines website for CX and/or JL flights.

I paid S$700+ return for HKG-x/TYO-JFK//SFO-x/TYO-HKG on Japan Airlines, with TYO-HKG on Dragon Air. SIN-HKG-SIN on budget airlines. Flew SIN-HKG on Tiger for $100 including 20kg baggage. Have not bought my HKG-SIN yet.

When I was buying my flights, it was mid S$700+ for Beijing to Vancouver return on Air Canada. I went with Japan Airlines as I brought my bicycle and it is over the 158cm limit. Air Canada charges a bicycle fee while Japan Airlines don't.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
Well, cheap flights is definitely top priority, but my final destination is Alaska, so there will be one more leg. So looking at YVR and SEA as the main international flight from SG. Also trying not to have too many transit stops, as it gets tiring with the body getting older.......... :sad:
I've prev looked at AA b4, but didn't quite see anything for me...

Anyway, thanks for the info and suggestions!

I recall seeing decently priced tickets on WOW and/or Icelandic Air to Anchorage and/or Fairbanks (not too sure about Fairbanks). Check the budget airlines from Europe. Can't really remember offhand.

I was checking flights from SFO too and it was pretty cheap getting to Alaska from SFO.

Am in the US now for a three months trip! That's why I was doing so much flight research then!
 

wuso

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
926
Reaction score
85
I recall seeing decently priced tickets on WOW and/or Icelandic Air to Anchorage and/or Fairbanks (not too sure about Fairbanks). Check the budget airlines from Europe. Can't really remember offhand.

I was checking flights from SFO too and it was pretty cheap getting to Alaska from SFO.

Am in the US now for a three months trip! That's why I was doing so much flight research then!
Ah cool. Is this trip the one u going down to Colombia or isit another trip?
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
Ah cool. Is this trip the one u going down to Colombia or isit another trip?

Decided to skip South America this trip. South America will be another time. Maybe later this year when it's summer.

Just gonna be in North America this trip. Not sure if I'm going to Canada. Slightly more than halfway thru the trip. Been a really great trip so far. Been exploring places I never thought I'll visit!
 

wuso

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
926
Reaction score
85
Decided to skip South America this trip. South America will be another time. Maybe later this year when it's summer.

Just gonna be in North America this trip. Not sure if I'm going to Canada. Slightly more than halfway thru the trip. Been a really great trip so far. Been exploring places I never thought I'll visit!
Ok, enjoy and thanks again for inputs....

Found HKG-SEA return for ~S$800 on Delta, so may go the option similar to yours.... :s22:
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
Oh, have a look at buying Alaska Air miles and using it to redeem flights. Have to be at least a week plus old member before you can purchase the miles.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top