Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_o_c_c_a_82

Reaction score
To m_o_c_c_a_82,

Mbr btu requirement ard 6720btu - 9k btu.
The other 2 rooms smaller, so 9k will be enough too.

Bro Terumo,
The compressor only available in 21k or 28k btu therefore to be exact if use 21k btu compressor then every room is shared 7000 btu equally. So meaning that the 21k btu compressor is sufficient for all my rooms?

Becos i in a dilemma now as in of course 21k btu has lower consumption than 28k btu but if undersized does that mean the compressor has to work harder thus no cost efficiency?

If oversized, i not sure about how inverters work but non-inverters will cut in & out constantly if oversized & waste alot of electricity.

Any bros can give your reviews on that?

terumo

Reaction score
If u on all 3 units at the same time often, then get 28k.
If not get 21k will be enough.
Ur rooms require 6-7k btu, so 21k is enough, just that 28k btu compressor will cool down the room faster.

mark lim

Reaction score
it also depends on if any of the rooms are facing the sun or have additional heat source in the room like computers etc. or how many people will be in the room. all these affects. Better to oversize then under. the inverter compressor can always spin slower to compensate but it cannot output more than what it is rated for.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ink thinking of getting Toshiba system 3. Anyone got any comments?
Is it safe to hoot from GC? Their workmanship is ok?

innerlight10

Reaction score
Hi, i got the System 3 split unit and 1 split for the LR. Is 1/2 inch thickness armaflex good enough as insulation or should be thicker? MXY3A28VA(MSYGE13A x 2, MSYGE18A) plus MUYGE24VA (MSYGE24VA).

Deal made at 1/2 inch thickness installation. For all these, i expected a bigger truncking box. but it was the regular plastic trunking width (like that housing a 1-2 split unit) . The A/c ledge is beside my MBR and the point with the most piping into the house, is my mbr area. Curiously, is this possible? I can understand as the piping runs through the room, it gets lesser and truncking reduces. What at the onset in my mbr? I am just worried they have short-changed me somewhere. Moreoever, I was not there during the installation.

How to tell if the installer is using 1/2 inch thickness installation or not?

taytehni

Reaction score
looking to replace my old mitsubishi sys3 aircon for a 4 room flat, budget of about 3k, the size of room is bigger than those newer hdb flats, 1 of the normal sized rooms is facing sun btw, any recommendations?

Be@rbrick

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help with this BTU thingy. i'm intending to get system 3 for my new place. Usage mostly will be on the MBR and living room for soccer nights and mayb daytime if it gets warm inside the house. The other bedroom seldom use. So i would like to know if 9k BTU will be sufficient or should i go for higher BTU?

terumo

Reaction score
The insulation will state the thickness of it.

For the btu thingy, u can email ur floor plan or state ur room area, i can help you to specs the btu.

Leon

Reaction score
I got a quote for Panasonic inverter type + 12 BTU+9BTU+9BTU for $3100, including removing old system and install new, + GST. Is this a good price?

He also quote similar setup but Daikin or Mitsubishi Electic but for $200 more. Does these two brand worth the extra $200?

Model CU-3S27KKZ(Panasonic), 3MKD75(Daikin and 3S28(ME)

Also, existing system uses R22. It is ok to switch to R410?

TIA

Last edited:

Be@rbrick

Reaction score
The insulation will state the thickness of it.

For the btu thingy, u can email ur floor plan or state ur room area, i can help you to specs the btu.

thanks aircon guru. i will read ur blog tml and try send an email to you.

terumo

Reaction score
To Leon,

If ur existing sys uses R22 but u r changing new pipes, no issue to change to R410.

Does ur Panasonic quote includes thicker (1/2) insulation or stainless steel bracket?

fbap9467

Reaction score
Need Advice

Hello, need advice. Here is the situation and plan, but not sure if it is sensible

a) Situation
I stay in a condo that comes with the 8 years old a/c non-inverter Daikin and concealed pipes. There are 2 condensers: System 3 to 3 bedrooms, System 2 to dinning. We usually only use the master bedroom (MBR) a/c about 6 hours week night and about 10 hours on weekends.
Recently got U0 error (means low refrigerant) ask Daikin come and check and only top up refrigerant (R22) and refused to check for gas leak. Say must do pressure test ($300) and can only tell if the leak is at condenser or pipe. Still got the U0 error but less frequent (need to reset a/c to start again in the middle of the night, yuck!)

b) Plan
Since only use MBR a/c, considering replacing the System 3 to System 1 (for MBR only) and change to inverter type to save electricity. Also need to change the pipe since the inverter type needs thicker copper and the existing one is possibly leaky.

Now, not sure if it is ok to leave the existing pipe and fancoil to the other bedrooms alone or need to take it out. Is it better to hack out the old pipe to replace with new pipe or run a new trunking? Any risk of changing system 3 to system 1?

Advice or comment is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Frederick84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heard from air con installer tat daikin n mitsubishi better.. reason is lesser customer call them for repair lol.. but is it cos lesser ppl buy in the first place thus lesser ppl call for repair ?? lol

terumo

Reaction score
To fbap9467,
If u r not using the 2 bedrooms, can leave it as it is and install a new sys 1 with pipings for the master room.

fbap9467

Reaction score
To fbap9467,
If u r not using the 2 bedrooms, can leave it as it is and install a new sys 1 with pipings for the master room.

Thanks for the reply
Went to courts talk to ac man, looks like my bigger problem is concealed pipe

This guy also talk about ac and dc inverter n say that system 1 inverter or not have little difference in electric bill. Now i am confused

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heard from air con installer tat daikin n mitsubishi better.. reason is lesser customer call them for repair lol.. but is it cos lesser ppl buy in the first place thus lesser ppl call for repair ?? lol

I guess daikin is better cause they only sell aircon and nothing else. But make sure u hoot the onewith latest gas. Cause the older type will be phased out.

Frederick84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess daikin is better cause they only sell aircon and nothing else. But make sure u hoot the onewith latest gas. Cause the older type will be phased out.

if i not wrong, R410a is the best follow by R407c ??

the old one refer to R22 right ??

toyotatoyope

Reaction score
I got a quote for Panasonic inverter type + 12 BTU+9BTU+9BTU for $3100, including removing old system and install new, + GST. Is this a good price?

He also quote similar setup but Daikin or Mitsubishi Electic but for $200 more. Does these two brand worth the extra $200?

Model CU-3S27KKZ(Panasonic), 3MKD75(Daikin and 3S28(ME)

Also, existing system uses R22. It is ok to switch to R410?

TIA
GC offer Panasonic system3 inverter at $2399 nett included 4years extended warranty for part n labour. Not latest model but 1 model older than current one. Sharing same outdoor unit. It's a good deal. Grab it b4 it's over.

PC_Dreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
Any europace user can share their experiences? Seems like very few here in forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.