Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

guesswho80

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
i tink copper pipe for aircon is only from Totalline.

Sorry what do u mean? I thought there are many brands of copper pipe for aircon. Totalline is one of them. So far I know Daikin is using Totalline, dunno Toshiba is it using Totalline since they have merged with Daikin?
 

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2003
Messages
48,185
Reaction score
36
Sorry what do u mean? I thought there are many brands of copper pipe for aircon. Totalline is one of them. So far I know Daikin is using Totalline, dunno Toshiba is it using Totalline since they have merged with Daikin?

toshiba merge with carrier
not daikin
 

guesswho80

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
default installation, 3/8 is already enough. unless the trucking is in the wall or false ceiling, than abit thicker wil be ok liao.

Armaflex is gd for insulation. so far for mine, which is k-flex, no problem at all..


Okie i call GainCity enquire they say is GFlex 3/8" insulations, 13mm drainage pipes and guage 23 copper pipes so is this okie for Toshiba Non-inverter aircon? Should I need to upgrade?

By the way which is better? To run the trunking on top or bottom?
 

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
0
Okie i call GainCity enquire they say is GFlex 3/8" insulations, 13mm drainage pipes and guage 23 copper pipes so is this okie for Toshiba Non-inverter aircon? Should I need to upgrade?

By the way which is better? To run the trunking on top or bottom?
yes, it is ok.

to run it top or bottom, the installer wil advise u. so depends on yr decision.
 

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
0
Ok thanks so i no need to upgrade anything right? Sorry being a noob.
u can choose to upgrade to a better materials. its up to yr decision. mine was brought at fairprice xtra. its a Daikin system 4, non-inverter. it is a default installation anyway. no problem.
 

guesswho80

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
u can choose to upgrade to a better materials. its up to yr decision. mine was brought at fairprice xtra. its a Daikin system 4, non-inverter. it is a default installation anyway. no problem.

How long have u bought? I feel puzzled why a lot of ppl go upgrade if the default installation is gd enough liao?
 

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2003
Messages
48,185
Reaction score
36
min i will go for G23 copper piping, 3/8 insulation, 16mm drainage pipe.
max G22, 1/2 insulation and 16mm drainage pipe.
i prefer armaflex insulation.

upgrading is kaisu, play safe since the installation going to use for many years so why not use better material.
 

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
0
How long have u bought? I feel puzzled why a lot of ppl go upgrade if the default installation is gd enough liao?
using it for 2mths..

as agree to "cannotliao", some ppl kiasu. but than if regular maintenance is there, i dont c y there is a need to upgrade. n also if u hav some spare bucks, y not upgrade to a better material if u can..
 

guesswho80

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
using it for 2mths..

as agree to "cannotliao", some ppl kiasu. but than if regular maintenance is there, i dont c y there is a need to upgrade. n also if u hav some spare bucks, y not upgrade to a better material if u can..

I got budget constraint so therefore considering whether to upgrade it. If the default installation is good enough, then i wont be upgrading. By the way which one is better? Foam or rubber insulation?
 

yong_sg

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
0

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
39,195
Reaction score
342
I have my neighbour complaining my room creating water condensation on their side of the wall each time i use my aircon. I'm using starmex inverter system 4. I've already set it to 24 degree and the blower faced downward. They called HDB and complained to me.
 

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
0
I have my neighbour complaining my room creating water condensation on their side of the wall each time i use my aircon. I'm using starmex inverter system 4. I've already set it to 24 degree and the blower faced downward. They called HDB and complained to me.
the whole wall or certain area?

u might wan to check the insulation inside the trucking.
 

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
39,195
Reaction score
342
the whole wall or certain area?

u might wan to check the insulation inside the trucking.

It's the whole wall and the wall is opposite my indoor unit. That wall doesn't even have anything attached to it..nothing related to aircon attached to that side...I am baffled how thick is the wall since it could create so much condensation on the other side.
 

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
0
It's the whole wall and the wall is opposite my indoor unit. That wall doesn't even have anything attached to it..nothing related to aircon attached to that side...I am baffled how thick is the wall since it could create so much condensation on the other side.
mayb u can discuss wit yr neighbour tat u test it out by on yr aircon. than u stay at neighour hse for like few hours. than u observe.

or u might wan to set temp to 25 or 26 if it stil happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top