Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm interested in the new mitsubishi starmex model that kimsim was talking about earlier but couldnt find any reviews abt it. Can u experts share some views regarding it like pros and cons?

Hi, do you concern about energy saving should be the right choice.
Otherwise the new unit also selling slighly higher than old model.

Just depend how often do you turn on AC per day.

Review here, would be next round, cause the new model haven't launching yet.

Old vs new, actually from my personal more prefer the old design with variable model for indoor unit as well.

The new one slighly boring, all to be same size and design too, even 24k FCU to be the same design and remote control from 10k btu model as well.

Cutting off weekly time and schedule for 24k and above model and also not compatible with EFxxVA Zen model anymore :)

Pro & Con just depend your own, I was guess end out you guys still prefer new, cause this comes with lower energy efficiency for 5 ticks.

andzkwan

Reaction score
Hi, do you concern about energy saving should be the right choice.
Otherwise the new unit also selling slighly higher than old model.

Just depend how often do you turn on AC per day.

Review here, would be next round, cause the new model haven't launching yet.

Old vs new, actually from my personal more prefer the old design with variable model for indoor unit as well.

The new one slighly boring, all to be same size and design too, even 24k FCU to be the same design and remote control from 10k btu model as well.

Cutting off weekly time and schedule for 24k and above model and also not compatible with EFxxVA Zen model anymore :)

Pro & Con just depend your own, I was guess end out you guys still prefer new, cause this comes with lower energy efficiency for 5 ticks.

Thanks for your view kimsim.
GainCity launch it already at Expo last weekend @$3700 (3× 9k btu)
In terms of energy saving, isnt it what everybody wants? Do u mean that I dont save much if I use 10hrs per day even for 5ticks aircon unless I on it for example 24hrs a day? Is there anyway to calculate?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for your view kimsim.
GainCity launch it already at Expo last weekend @$3700 (3× 9k btu)
In terms of energy saving, isnt it what everybody wants? Do u mean that I dont save much if I use 10hrs per day even for 5ticks aircon unless I on it for example 24hrs a day? Is there anyway to calculate?

To be compare from old model 3A28VA input watt 2150w vs New 3G28VA = 1350w cut around 800w at least, no matter you turn on 3 units at least the total input watt still lesser than old model.

That meant you can have more chance to operate n take longer duration time than old model.

$3700 for new vs old $2850 can have already

Let said $800/60 mths for 1 mth you save 13.30 monthly, I guess the old one wouldn't cost higher energy than 20 per monthly.

Last edited:

confusilious

Reaction score
I have been asking around, brackets seemed to be around $150, and power point differs (Private Contractor charge $100, Harvey Norman charge $250, Gain City charge $320 with PUB testing)
1/2 inch insulation for HN $45 per unit, Gain City $60 per unit.

I'm really confused between the energy efficiency.. It seems that those with 4 ticks is only a few hundred dollars cheaper than those with 2 ticks. Harvey Norman salesperson was pushing for Panasonic EcoNavi while Gain City recommends LG.. but I saw some posts stating Japanese brands are better than Korean brands. However, I found out that LG is the only manufacturer that has models either 100% made in Korea or at least some parts made in Korea, but most if not, all the Japanese brands are manufacturing in Thailand, Malaysia or China..

Price difference between each manufacturer is about +/- $100 to $350..

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I have been asking around, brackets seemed to be around $150, and power point differs (Private Contractor charge $100, Harvey Norman charge $250, Gain City charge $320 with PUB testing)

I'm really confused between the energy efficiency.. It seems that those with 4 ticks is only a few hundred dollars cheaper than those with 2 ticks. Harvey Norman salesperson was pushing for Panasonic EcoNavi while Gain City recommends LG.. but I saw some posts stating Japanese brands are better than Korean brands. However, I found out that LG is the only manufacturer that has models either 100% made in Korea or at least some parts made in Korea, but most if not, all the Japanese brands are manufacturing in Thailand, Malaysia or China..

Best model of lg still preferring the Artcool mirror.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Quite surprising we more often at home by this month, cause due to outdoor haze.
We had adjusted current limitation for 11A of our ME starmex Sys 3, so far the utilities bill never increased, just slightly decrease a bit, also noted that last month we more often not around for weekend.

That meant higher capacity of cooling will be reaching faster and achieved the pre-set of temperature for cut off power consumption to be remain for part load and saving much.

09E8E4AC-3D42-43FC-8E15-AB46883B961C_zps6mpwmvkb.jpg

smoothtalker

Reaction score

My artcool mirror even the remote control is made in Korea. Worth every cent. Aircon is all about installer. Anyhow do piping and wiring how expensive machine also will spoil

confusilious

Reaction score
My artcool mirror even the remote control is made in Korea. Worth every cent. Aircon is all about installer. Anyhow do piping and wiring how expensive machine also will spoil

But which installer better? I just called Creation but they don't do powerpoint installation, need to find electrician to do, extended warranty need to contact LG myself. Whereas Gain City can do everything. Contacted (Star Cool) Aron for quotation but he gave me Mitsubishi Electric quotes. Called Ah Boon but no answer.

Worst is we have to decide today as Gain City has promotion on extended warranty. My mum is driving me crazy.

andzkwan

Reaction score
Quite surprising we more often at home by this month, cause due to outdoor haze.
We had adjusted current limitation for 11A of our ME starmex Sys 3, so far the utilities bill never increased, just slightly decrease a bit, also noted that last month we more often not around for weekend.

That meant higher capacity of cooling will be reaching faster and achieved the pre-set of temperature for cut off power consumption to be remain for part load and saving much.

Hi Kimsim, if u notice the bill for Sep is only estimated reading not the actual reading. U have to wait for Oct for the actual reading.

andzkwan

Reaction score
To be compare from old model 3A28VA input watt 2150w vs New 3G28VA = 1350w cut around 800w at least, no matter you turn on 3 units at least the total input watt still lesser than old model.

That meant you can have more chance to operate n take longer duration time than old model.

$3700 for new vs old $2850 can have already

Let said $800/60 mths for 1 mth you save 13.30 monthly, I guess the old one wouldn't cost higher energy than 20 per monthly.

Hi Kimsim, thanks for the advice. I have a question let say I get the old model, will it be better if I were to get 3A38VA outdoor unit for my 3 x 9k btu indoor unit rather than the 3A28VA? is there any advantage in terms of power?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi Kimsim, if u notice the bill for Sep is only estimated reading not the actual reading. U have to wait for Oct for the actual reading.

Sweet.

I had monitor for daytime at 16kw Max for 13 hrs we used.
At night time for 13kw Max. for over 11hrs.

Let said 16x 8 days
13x30 days
Total = 518kw/h for overall maximum we usage.

d4rkboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, today the air-condition contracter came for new air con installation. It is system 3 inverter using mitsubushi 3A28VA model. The 3 air con they provide is msy-ge10va model. And it costs 3.3k overall include installation. Please advise if there's anything wrong?

terumo

Reaction score
To andzkwan,

There is no 3a38 model. Should be 4a38.
If your indoor is GE10 x 3, no point in getting the 4a38 as you will not achieve higher btu due to the higher btu compressor as the indoor unit is fixed at 9k btu.
9k btu x 3 = 27k btu.
The 3a28 is 27k btu, just nice.

andzkwan

Reaction score
To andzkwan,

There is no 3a38 model. Should be 4a38.
If your indoor is GE10 x 3, no point in getting the 4a38 as you will not achieve higher btu due to the higher btu compressor as the indoor unit is fixed at 9k btu.
9k btu x 3 = 27k btu.
The 3a28 is 27k btu, just nice.

Hi Terumo thanks for the correction.
I know that 3A28 is just right for 3x 9k btu, but what I mean is would it be better if I were to use 4A38a so that the compressor will not operate to it max capability like 3A28 if I on all 3 aircon at the same time?
(for example like car with 4 gear vs car with 5 gear)

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Terumo thanks for the correction.
I know that 3A28 is just right for 3x 9k btu, but what I mean is would it be better if I were to use 4A38a so that the compressor will not operate to it max capability like 3A28 if I on all 3 aircon at the same time?
(for example like car with 4 gear vs car with 5 gear)

@andzkwan
Multi split 3a28, 4a28 = 3hp, same cooling capacity also call BTU, 4a38 = 4hp the total output BTU can be maximum load up 38k vs 28k BTU only.

Such as 4 Rm flat, 3 Rm flat required for BTU needed is around 28k BTU almost sufficient already.

How to operate, from 28k is max, but combination and split out few rooms the BTU seem like less and not really can keep cold right.
But from multi split is different story, operate at same time the answer yes, cause when startup for different rooms on different heat condition may use more BTU to boots up in high speed to keep the room cooling down in the short while.

How many BTU are you needed? The answer just wait, cause nothing can do with BTU at all, once the room has cooling down so the overall BTU may adjusted in single room and also reduce the BTU to suit for each room.

My advise is turn on for living room at 1st and after 2 more hours follow by turn for your bedroom, the overall efficient of cooling will be the right and power saving as well.

Ya the last answer for 3a38, why not consider for this model?
Usually big = good, but HDB flat not suitable to install for 3a38va outdoor, due to too huge of the outdoor unit and HDB wont allow you to boot from non current limitation for 3a38va model, if lock at 8.5a that meant no meaning right, cause from the BTU supply are the same as 3a28 output, unless your home is private property or EC.

Maybe you should try with new model 3G28 the higher capacity of btu still far a way from 8.5a as standard input watt. :D

terumo

Reaction score
To andzkwan

No point getting 4a38 as you will not utilize the 28-36k btu part.
3a28 will be sufficient.

kingsen

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking to install system 2 aircon for my 3-room flat. Was looking at this:

MXY – 2E20VA + MSY – GE10VA (2 unit)

Anyone can recommend good technician to install ?
Looking for it to comes with:

Armaflex Class 1 insulation
3C70 wire?
16mm water pipe
Grade 22 copper pipe.

What price should I be looking at for this setup ?

katoboy

Reaction score
I get my quotes from my ID Mitisubshi starmax system 4 $4000 + $150 bracket - 9 X BTU for 3 rooms 1 X 28BTU for hall it is a good price any advise :)
1.16mm pvc drainage with 1/4 inch armaflex insulation.
2.G22 copper pipe.
3.keystone 3 core 40 / 70 wire/
4.dispose old air-con units pipe and box up.
5. part 1 year compressor 5 years workmanship 1 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.