Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some sharing of the G22 Copper Pipe,1/2" Armaflex Insulation Material used for my aircon installation and my aircon compressor.

Ded02twl.jpg

nPpaig1l.jpg

QFJAg6al.jpg

Aircon Compressor :
4XrX20El.jpg

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG air con promo for 5 years warranty for all parts, ending this june end. I wonder if anyone getting their air con considering the warranty and current LG red fair promo.
The aircon installer for my Daikin Silver Envi also advised not to get Korean aircon like Samsung and LG as many issues will arise even it is quite new like 1 year and above.

Most preferred brands for aircon are still Daikin and Mitsubishi.

NoiRequiem

Reaction score
Finally, the day for my aircon installation has come. Scott from Cold Engine just delivered the 3 set of Silver Envi Fancoil, 1 set of normal 18KBTU fancoil and 4 sets of D-Mobile.

x3RVQCVl.jpg

Eagerly awaiting end review of installation.....

EDIT: Mind commenting on this in one of your previous posts? Do you still consider them to be "stuck up"?

Initially I want to get a quote from the one of the Aircon Installer in the Renotalk Forum, send them the configuration 1 month ago and they reply with the quotation.

I have resend them the same configuration to check any price change but they refuse to provide me the estimated price and asking me to provide the floor plan to have the estimated price. I told them I do not have the floor plan as mine is the resale flat and not BTO but they want me to draw out the plan instead.

I don't think I want to let them do the installation as the price they quote me is also very high, almost $4700 for Daikin System 4 with Silver Envi Series for 3 rooms and normal fancoil for the living room.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renotalk forum no more cheap or in fact more ex than shops. They got greedy.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting end review of installation.....

EDIT: Mind commenting on this in one of your previous posts? Do you still consider them to be "stuck up"?
Here is my review of the installation :

Fancoil and compressor arrived around 11plus. The installers who are brothers arrived before 11.30am and started the dismantling of my old Aircon and piping.

I have a small chat with the main installer who is the elder brother, he commented that his boss do not overcharge customer and looking for long term business. He also mentioned that their schedule are quite full as many customers will recommend them to their friends so I dun think they are stuck up but too busy.

They mentioned that my Silver Envi are the 2nd sets which they just installed so they are still not very familiar with the fancoil and the installation are a bit difficult to install compared to the older models.

The overall installation ended around 8pm with a little help from another of their 2 friends around 4pm.

The installer provides a good advice on how the piping should run even though it is different from what the boss, Scott mentioned.

I must say that the workmanship are very good and they really concealed every single holes etc, there are some left out portion which they will cover up after I told them.

Overall, the workmanship are good, professional and neat. They even help to sweep up all the dusts and rubbish before they left my flat. Before they left, they did a test on all the fancoils to ensure all are working well. They commented that Silver Envi is very nice with the led light on the right bottom of the fancoil, the remote control also comes with led backlit which is very useful.

As my flat has not connect internet so unable to test out the D-Mobile, I will definitely engage them for my regular servicing since the pricing for each fancoil is not very expensive as well.

Last edited:

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here is my review of the installation :

Fancoil and compressor arrived around 11plus. The installers who are brothers arrived before 11.30am and started the dismantling of my old Aircon and piping.

I have a small chat with the main installer who is the elder brother, he commented that his boss do not overcharge customer and looking for long term business. He also mentioned that their schedule are quite full as many customers will recommend them to their friends so I dun think they are stuck up but too busy.

They mentioned that my Silver Envi are the 2nd sets which they just installed so they are still not very familiar with the fancoil and the installation are a bit difficult to install compared to the older models.

The overall installation ended around 8pm with a little help from another of their 2 friends around 4pm.

The installer provides a good advice on how the piping should run even though it is different from what the boss, Scott mentioned.

I must say that the workmanship are very good and they really concealed every single holes etc, there are some left out portion which they will cover up after I told them.

Overall, the workmanship are good, professional and neat. They even help to sweep up all the dusts and rubbish before they left my flat. Before they left, they did a test on all the fancoils to ensure all are working well. They commented that Silver Envi is very nice with the led light on the right bottom of the fancoil, the remote control also comes with led backlit which is very useful.

As my flat has not connect internet so unable to test out the D-Mobile, I will definitely engage them for my regular servicing since the pricing for each fancoil is not very expensive as well.

Finally your installation done, u took a long time to decide, but glad u chose the right one. Scott installed mine too.

Remember to register your warranty at Daikin website.

Sent from Samsung SM-T705 using GAGT

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I never register on-line. Just send over my warranty cards and sale invoice by post. Cause they said they need all this for proof for 1+2 years warranty claim.

Should I call them ask, if they received my mail????????????

If they say never received, I die liao?

I was told by Scott to register online too, probably will call Daikin Hotline to confirm the mode of warranty registration.

Boeing101

Reaction score
I was told by Scott to register online too, probably will call Daikin Hotline to confirm the mode of warranty registration.

Are you able to find out for me does Daikin Aircon got amperes limit?
ME set their ampere limit to 8.5A as factory default. But can switch off this function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.