Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydentk

Reaction score
Any recommendation for Daikin installer with good price?

Can PM me if not nice to post here.

Looking at 2 units of system 2.

my_tungsten

Reaction score
Anyone can help with the following questions?

1. Any experiences with Audio House installation? Clearance prices are reasonable and I have use for the vouchers provided.

2. Use existing five year old piping from Gaincity which never leaked or take a chance on new piping by Audio House?

3. Panasonic or Mitsubishi Heavy Industry?

Thanks in advance!

Guys, any advice on audio house? About to make payment, do not want to regret my decision for the next five years :(

petetherock

Reaction score
Guys, any advice on audio house? About to make payment, do not want to regret my decision for the next five years :(
There's no need to go to one of the big dealers.
I got this chap "Lerwick" the owner is called Danny, and his services are fine.
YMMV. And don't just go cheap. The installers matter more than where you get your aircon from.

contax

Reaction score
I found this shop in Toa Payoh last year. The guy is a nice guy and no hard selling. Believe he was a Mitsubishi Heavy Ind dealer as he kept recommending this brand. But generally he leave me to make a decision on which brand over the weekend before committing.

I took MHI System 3 aircon ($2,880) on his recommendation :p
http://www.streetdirectory.com/supreme-air-services/

My 16years old Fuji Electric aircon finally pack up and go last months and was looking and poking all over for good deal.

Thanks to Bro TigerzBeer for his recommendation , I realised that this shop is just a few block away from my house and so I approach them for a site survey and recommendation.

Cut the story short , I install MHI system 3 .
1 x SCM60ZJ-S1
3 x SRK35ZMA-S (12K btu )
Use back existing stainless steel bracket .
Armaflex D-022(7/8") and copper pipe
Replace all trunking except the drainage as it is being boxed up in cement.

Start work at 1130am and end at 1730hrs.
Very experienced installers , only 2 of them but they work fast and like clockwork liddat.

The damage sgd2988.00 cash, no installment scheme but you can also pay by credit card .

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
What materials and piping did they install for u?

My 16years old Fuji Electric aircon finally pack up and go last months and was looking and poking all over for good deal.

Thanks to Bro TigerzBeer for his recommendation , I realised that this shop is just a few block away from my house and so I approach them for a site survey and recommendation.

Cut the story short , I install MHI system 3 .
1 x SCM60ZJ-S1
3 x SRK35ZMA-S (12K btu )
Use back existing stainless steel bracket .
Armaflex D-022(7/8") and copper pipe
Replace all trunking except the drainage as it is being boxed up in cement.

Start work at 1130am and end at 1730hrs.
Very experienced installers , only 2 of them but they work fast and like clockwork liddat.

The damage sgd2988.00 cash, no installment scheme but you can also pay by credit card .

my_tungsten

Reaction score
There's no need to go to one of the big dealers.
I got this chap "Lerwick" the owner is called Danny, and his services are fine.
YMMV. And don't just go cheap. The installers matter more than where you get your aircon from.

Thanks. Did not purchase in the end, almost got a switch and bait from them.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Requirements
1. 2-room BTO HDB (47sqm).
2. Hacking between Living room and Bedroom.

Questions:
1. What kind of aircon specification ?
2. Any brand, model and price range ?

Many thanks with regards.

for 2 room ,
bed room get 12k btu and hall need only 12 k btu. therefore get mhi bah.

lxXXxl

Reaction score
Saw Daikin's tv ad on their 5 ticks compressor, annual cost less than $300??!! What is the catch? Why isn't everyone buying that, since the operating costs seems much lower = lower electricity bills every month?

Is it just the initial high set up cost of Daikin? High maintenance costs, like BMW cars? Or am I missing something else? Hope someone can explain to the noob here! XD

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Saw Daikin's tv ad on their 5 ticks compressor, annual cost less than $300??!! What is the catch? Why isn't everyone buying that, since the operating costs seems much lower = lower electricity bills every month?

Is it just the initial high set up cost of Daikin? High maintenance costs, like BMW cars? Or am I missing something else? Hope someone can explain to the noob here! XD

If it's urusara that u r referring to, single split $2720 (cool world website) how to install? Too ex liao

lxXXxl

Reaction score
If it's urusara that u r referring to, single split $2720 (cool world website) how to install? Too ex liao

I meant the Daikin Envi series being promoted on tv. Where the annual cost is stated as 200++ on the energy sticker.

Iceman88

Reaction score
Hi, complete noob at aircons and seeking advice from experts here if possible:
- Staying in resale flat for about a decade, it came with Daikin aircons already installed: 3 same model FCU (FT2531V1) in 3 rooms + 1 bigger FCU in living room, only 1 compressor dunno what model or capacity. No idea BTU rating for the FCUs, but remember was told cannot switch on all 4 FCUs at same time. Not sure when aircons were installed but I'm already 3rd owner, so these aircons must be antiques!

- Know it runs against common advice but since we don't like sleeping with aircon so they were rarely used. Recently one of them finally conked out, no response to remote or only can on for few seconds to at most 1 hour. Even turned on by itself before. Now completely no response. Got someone from aircon servicing company to take a look, he said the sensor controller or something like that (where there's led light turned on when you press remote) needs to be replaced. His office said they will source for it & inform us but already quite long and still no news. So thinking about options to solve problem.

Questions:
- Can a single FCU be replaced in this situation? Room size is about 17sqm or 185 sq ft, so 9000BTU FCU sufficient? Budget constraint so not thinking about changing the entire system at this point.
- Can only use back Daikin or also other brands?
- Can reuse old piping or need to replace piping & hack walls? Understand old & newer systems use different coolants that are incompatible?
- I see that Sys 1 comes with its own compressor, so does it replace my old compressor or how?
- Any other things to consider?
- If replacing a single wall-mounted FCU is not very cost effective or is complicated considering all the factors, any use to get a portable aircon instead?

Sorry for being long winded. Hope to get some good advice & suggestions, appreciate all your help and thanks in advance.

petetherock

Reaction score
IMO, when my 8 year old units had issues with the remote sensor, I took the opportunity to replace the units.
The newer ones will be more efficient, quieter, and more cost effective in the long run.
If the trunking is exposed, it's best to replace it.
Good luck.

terumo

Reaction score
To Iceman88,

Your outdoor unit aka compressor should be MA561v1.
You can choose to replace just a Daikin blower unit alone but stand the risk of the rest failing shortly there after.

Skypower

Reaction score
Anyone uses Urusara 7 12000 BTU Single Spilt for their 4 room L shape new BTO ?

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for Daikin installer with good price?

Can PM me if not nice to post here. I

Looking at 2 units of system 2.

My new home recently got brochure from Classic Air Services. New start up company price damn low but no reviews about them.

petetherock

Reaction score
There's no free ride guys..
There's a basic amount that the aircon costs.
The rest of the money goes to handiwork, trunking cost etc.
Don't save unwisely..

cheongking888

Reaction score
Nat Aire has promotion for LG till 30 Sept.

I am thinking of replacing my koyak Sharp system 2 with LG High Cap system 4.

Anyone has bad experience with LG aircon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.