Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
Workmanship also plays an important part, other then materials.

Hi guys,
Need some advice.

Understand that it's probably better to buy from Daikin Pro Shop or Cold Engine/Air Connection for better workmanship and maybe better materials.

But if I only want to replace system 3 aircon but using back existing piping, does it matter if I go to Daikin Pro Shop/Cold Engine/Air Connection or other shops (eg. All Best, Gain City, Best Denki, etc) since I don't need their piping anyway?

blurgal2701

Reaction score
I just got a few quotations from a few companies for Daikin system 3 (using existing piping). Deciding between the 2 below which offers the lowest price.

Cold Engine quote $2,600 while Gain City will be around $2,700 (after credit card cash rebate).

Although Gain City is slightly more expensive but I'm thinking if it's better to get from them as they have an option to top up to get an extended 5 years warranty on labour and spare parts. Someone told me that Daikin spare parts can be quite expensive. Another thing is I can pay by credit card if I get from Gain City.
If I take Cold Engine, in the event when the fcu spoil after the 27mths warranty, I might have to spend more money to fix it.

Gain City pros -
1) option for extended warranty
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -
1) slightly cheaper but may cost more if fcu spoil after 27 mths warranty
2) probably better workmanship but I will be using back existing piping.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Workmanship also plays an important part, other then materials.

SnorlaxGorGor

Reaction score
So you mean that Cold engine dont accept credit card installment?

I just got a few quotations from a few companies for Daikin system 3 (using existing piping). Deciding between the 2 below which offers the lowest price.

Cold Engine quote $2,600 while Gain City will be around $2,700 (after credit card cash rebate).

Although Gain City is slightly more expensive but I'm thinking if it's better to get from them as they have an option to top up to get an extended 5 years warranty on labour and spare parts. Someone told me that Daikin spare parts can be quite expensive. Another thing is I can pay by credit card if I get from Gain City.
If I take Cold Engine, in the event when the fcu spoil after the 27mths warranty, I might have to spend more money to fix it.

Gain City pros -
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -

Any advice?

Thanks.

lee-turbo

Master Member
Reaction score

Gain City pros -
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -

Any advice?

Thanks.

same situation here ...... :s12:

btw daikin compressor not 5 years ?
if not wrong mit is 5 years

fcu is always 1 years

blurgal2701

Reaction score
same situation here ...... :s12:

btw daikin compressor not 5 years ?
if not wrong mit is 5 years

fcu is always 1 years

Compressor standard 5 years. Now Daikin fcu warranty promotion 27 months. I'm referring to extended 5 years warranty for the fcu. This is usually only provided by bigger companies like Gain City, Best Denki.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Gain City pros -
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -

Any advice?

Thanks.

please scroll back and read the points i posted for Gain City. if you like to play tikam, please go ahead with them.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compressor standard 5 years. Now Daikin fcu warranty promotion 27 months. I'm referring to extended 5 years warranty for the fcu. This is usually only provided by bigger companies like Gain City, Best Denki.

your worries should not be the parts cos first few years generally should be ok. what u should worry is the worksmanship during the first 5 years whether there will be any issue.

going with Gain City is like playing tikam. they outsource to many sub con to do installation, if u sway get a lousy one. GL to you.

FIRETRUCK

Reaction score
Fan guy no more

Hi guys,

I'm a greenhorn here. Never lived with AC be4. Was browsing through DIYappliances and Gaincity when I chanced upon the previous post regarding GainCity. Thinking of installing a system 3 split AC and I'm considering the Daikin 3MKS50FSG System 3, 3x FTKS25DVM.

But I realised there's a price gap between the two retailers.
DIYappliance ($2804)
GainCity ($2669)

I have to admit I didn't consider the maintenance fees and also the varying workmanship that I may receive in the first place.

May I know if there are other reputable retailers you might suggest?

Basically, I just need 3 AC, frequency of usage ~3 to 4 times/week.

Appreciate your help and thank yall for the much-needed advice.

Last edited:

c3_jail

Reaction score
Hi
I got quotation for mitsubishi aircon starmex

System3 : 10 btu - 10 btu - 13 btu around 2,9k
System1 : 24bth around 1,9k
And need to add some pump around 200sgd
Is that the price reasonable?

tauntme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mitsubishi or daikin better? Thinking of replacing my system 3 because the compressor is making really funny noises and my aircon keeps having this contracting and expansion "pop pop" sound. scared it will catch fire, especially after my last repairman came to do something to the wiring as a stop-gap measure. There was once my air con unit spat out ice crystals. :o

Asus80

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Inverter) 3 Ticks

Model : SCM80ZJ-S + SRK35MA-S 12K BTU x 3

Supply and install
Gauge 22 copper pipe
1/2" thickness Armaflex Class '0' insulation
Keystone local wire
16mm drainage pipe
2 trips installation

$2660

Last edited:

type-r

Reaction score
Just had daikin installed . Installer told me to set fan speed at maximum if not will have water vapour ?

aosw88

Reaction score
I just spoke to cool engine.

The lady said that 1/4 inch insulation for the drainage pipe is sufficient. It will cost S$250 to upgrade it to 1/2 inch insulation for the drainage pipe. Is it worth to upgrade it?

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to cool engine.

The lady said that 1/4 inch insulation for the drainage pipe is sufficient. It will cost S$250 to upgrade it to 1/2 inch insulation for the drainage pipe. Is it worth to upgrade it?

try contact cold (not cool) engine, got free upgrade.

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Have been lurking around this thread but I have been struggling to decide on this quotation by Cold Engine. I just bought a resale flat and am contemplating on which of these 4 systems is the best:

Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 - $2850 (2 ticks)
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2950 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 3 - $3400 (5 ticks)
MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10 x 3

Daikin smile series system 3 - $3350 (5 ticks)
MKS80QVMG/CTKS25QVM x 3

Can experts please advise on this? :(

I don mind paying a bit more for efficiency as I project I will be using the air con quite a bit. But I heard that 5 ticks uses a smaller compressor.

Easy to maintain, quietness and comfortability is key to me. Sometimes I might even off the aircon if the weather is cooling.

On the other hand, there will be one room which will be underutilized. only 2 rooms will be utilized. So what is the better option?

Some say Mitsubishi is better due to spare parts easy to find and install. Some say Daikin more durable. Read until quite sian already.

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no comments about Daikin cos never use them.

personally using Mitsubishi at parents place...

initially wanted 5 ticks but was advised against it by forumers stating the below cons:
- Noisy compressor
- Slower to cool
- Need on all units and run continuously 8 hours min over a few years to break even on savings.

so I got 2 ticks for my current new home.

Hi guys...

Have been lurking around this thread but I have been struggling to decide on this quotation by Cold Engine. I just bought a resale flat and am contemplating on which of these 4 systems is the best:

Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 - $2850 (2 ticks)
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2950 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 3 - $3400 (5 ticks)
MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10 x 3

Daikin smile series system 3 - $3350 (5 ticks)
MKS80QVMG/CTKS25QVM x 3

Can experts please advise on this? :(

I don mind paying a bit more for efficiency as I project I will be using the air con quite a bit. But I heard that 5 ticks uses a smaller compressor.

Easy to maintain, quietness and comfortability is key to me. Sometimes I might even off the aircon if the weather is cooling.

On the other hand, there will be one room which will be underutilized. only 2 rooms will be utilized. So what is the better option?

Some say Mitsubishi is better due to spare parts easy to find and install. Some say Daikin more durable. Read until quite sian already.

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no comments about Daikin cos never use them.

personally using Mitsubishi at parents place...

initially wanted 5 ticks but was advised against it by forumers stating the below cons:
- Noisy compressor
- Slower to cool
- Need on all units and run continuously 8 hours min over a few years to break even on savings.

so I got 2 ticks for my current new home.

I see. Thanks for your advice!

I shall get the 2 ticks one then for the Mitsubishi! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.