Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, you mean you have confirm on Mitsubishi and piping done up without installing the fancoil and compressor unit? What piping, G23 and thickness of insulation used?
Yes piping installed 1st and fancoil/compressor to be installed after 2nd coat of paint done.

I'm not sure how thickness of the installed piping has anything to do with whether I'm able to switch brand/model of aircon ... it should be more an issue of fancoil size, yes? Also, there is a cut-out in the false ceiling / L-box in the living room meant for the 18k BTU 2-tick Mitsubishi unit and a cut-out in the L-box in the master bedroom meant for the 9k BTU unit. What I'd like to know is, whether the equivalent BTU Urusara and/or Envi units - should I choose to upgrade from 2-tick Mitsubishi to Daikin Urusara or Envi - will also be able to fit in those cut-outs.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes piping installed 1st and fancoil/compressor to be installed after 2nd coat of paint done.

I'm not sure how thickness of the installed piping has anything to do with whether I'm able to switch brand/model of aircon ... it should be more an issue of fancoil size, yes? Also, there is a cut-out in the false ceiling / L-box in the living room meant for the 18k BTU 2-tick Mitsubishi unit and a cut-out in the L-box in the master bedroom meant for the 9k BTU unit. What I'd like to know is, whether the equivalent BTU Urusara and/or Envi units - should I choose to upgrade from 2-tick Mitsubishi to Daikin Urusara or Envi - will also be able to fit in those cut-outs.

I think Urusara will have more ticks compared to Envi, probably you can go down to Daikin Proshop to understand more before deciding.

orange_20

Reaction score
looking for a system 4 (living room and three bedrooms)

is Toshiba a good choice? seeing that their compressor is made in Japan? tested it at A** B*** and it really feels cooler than the Mitsubishi (2 ticks)

anyone using the Toshiba? any problems with it so far?

xorionn

Reaction score
sians.. my compressor making weird noises suddenly, is it going to spoil? how much cost to fix it?

precise

Reaction score
Hi Precise, I got myself a Toshiba Sys 4 with the following:
1 x RAS4M26SACV~INVERTER
3 x RASM10SKCV~INVERTER
1 x RASM22SKCV~INVERTER
1 x stainless steel bracket
1/2" sys 4 (class 1)
Copper 22
Drainage pipe 16 mm
2 trips installation

Gain City $4569 (free gift of $200 Capitaland Vouchers) Got it during a sale at AMK showroom earlier in Feb.

Precise, why are you considering Toshiba Aircon? You heard any good reviews about it?

Thanks for the breakdown.
Went to GC amk today.
Quoted
Same config as you for tosihba at 4619
Comes with 5 years warranty free with a cap which i can't remember now.
Add 159 to make it unlimited coverage.
Add 150 for bracket
Add 250 for the best installation material.

Total 4619 + 159 + 150 + 250

Think you got a good price.
Now exploring option of Daikin.

Reason for tosihba is
1. Made in Japan. ..except fcu
2. One of the highest btu for sys 4.

I'm in no hurry. ..
2 out of 3 rooms are still working with existing sharp sys 3.... installed 14 yrs ago.
So c c look look now.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like the parts reliability for Fujitsu may not be true, probably I should try Daikin instead since they should be the expert in air conditioning. :s11:

daikin is good. i have been using for more than 16 years already.

only came in here because of constant leaking from my aircon unit.

sometimes leak when switch on, sometimes also leak when it's off lol

dunno wtf happen.

thinking maybe it's due to old age liao.

looking forward to change to new system 3, i'm also keen in the silver envi too

looking for more reviews before i settle it :D

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
daikin is good. i have been using for more than 16 years already.

only came in here because of constant leaking from my aircon unit.

sometimes leak when switch on, sometimes also leak when it's off lol

dunno wtf happen.

thinking maybe it's due to old age liao.

looking forward to change to new system 3, i'm also keen in the silver envi too

looking for more reviews before i settle it :D

Brother, the fancoil leaking is only due to the choke in the drainage piping as it will build up the gel as times goes by so you might want to ask the servicing company to do a check or if you can DIY, you can actually buy the solution by Mckenie to pour down the drainage pipinig.

Most of the times, I do general servicing including the piping choke clearing myself so only approach the servicing company for chemical washing of the coil.

I have been using National or Panasonic now for many years as they have the ionizer built-in so thinking want to change a different brand for a try. =:p

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, one of my FCU doesn't blows out any air anymore, though the fan is still running even at its highest fan speed.

What could be the problem causing it? Is the FCU faulty as my other two FCUs are still working fine.
Thanks! :)

Sent from my Rice phone using GAGT

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother, the fancoil leaking is only due to the choke in the drainage piping as it will build up the gel as times goes by so you might want to ask the servicing company to do a check or if you can DIY, you can actually buy the solution by Mckenie to pour down the drainage pipinig.

Most of the times, I do general servicing including the piping choke clearing myself so only approach the servicing company for chemical washing of the coil.

I have been using National or Panasonic now for many years as they have the ionizer built-in so thinking want to change a different brand for a try. =:p

I see, but i've done and asked for servicing a couple of times already, even before cny.

now still leaking even without switching on lol

aiya might as well change to a new system 3

i need them to replace the old pipes to new too.

saw the promo at coolair @ 3500 for envi system 3

dunno worth it or not leh. silver envi or smart envi i dunno which one lol

dunno anything about ac :s13:

Yingmushijiang

Reaction score
Thanks for the breakdown.
Went to GC amk today.
Quoted
Same config as you for tosihba at 4619
Comes with 5 years warranty free with a cap which i can't remember now.
Add 159 to make it unlimited coverage.
Add 150 for bracket
Add 250 for the best installation material.

Total 4619 + 159 + 150 + 250

Think you got a good price.
Now exploring option of Daikin.

Reason for tosihba is
1. Made in Japan. ..except fcu
2. One of the highest btu for sys 4.

I'm in no hurry. ..
2 out of 3 rooms are still working with existing sharp sys 3.... installed 14 yrs ago.
So c c look look now.

Ok all the best as u hunt for the most suitable Aircon, precise!

It's true that I was pretty attracted to Toshiba as its compressors are made in Japan. But I'm not too sure like is it really good..

luvalist

Reaction score
anyone has review or tried the daikin hot water system aircon? Exploring that for my new place :s12:

or any recommendation? Heard from the aircon service guy that toshiba or mitsubishi are both pretty good brands.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, but i've done and asked for servicing a couple of times already, even before cny.

now still leaking even without switching on lol

aiya might as well change to a new system 3

i need them to replace the old pipes to new too.

saw the promo at coolair @ 3500 for envi system 3

dunno worth it or not leh. silver envi or smart envi i dunno which one lol

dunno anything about ac :s13:

I see, it depend on where is the leakage and if water is leaking along the piping lines then there maybe a leak in the piping and nothing to do with the Air-con.

If the leakage is on the bottom of the fancoil then it is due to the build up of gel on the drainage piping which cause slow movement of water flowing thru the pipe so water will build up and cause leakage. Maybe the servicing company you approach is not so professional.

For Daikin, get the Silver Envi will do, you must request G22 for the Gas piping and 1/2 inch insulation. Compare a few more companies before deciding.

maur_james

Reaction score
Some noob questions here, if I want to get a Mitsubishi Sys 3, which dealer is most reliable?

Some portions of my existing aircon pipes are hidden behind concealed panels, will that increase the cost of installation?

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, it depend on where is the leakage and if water is leaking along the piping lines then there maybe a leak in the piping and nothing to do with the Air-con.

If the leakage is on the bottom of the fancoil then it is due to the build up of gel on the drainage piping which cause slow movement of water flowing thru the pipe so water will build up and cause leakage. Maybe the servicing company you approach is not so professional.

For Daikin, get the Silver Envi will do, you must request G22 for the Gas piping and 1/2 inch insulation. Compare a few more companies before deciding.

hey bro, can i know what is G22 stands for ?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey bro, can i know what is G22 stands for ?

G22 or G23 refers to the thickness of the gas piping so G22 is thicker than G23 as the number goes smaller.

Below is the blog page you can read up a bit, I also read up from there which many air-con companies got promotion on free upgrade of gas piping from G23 to G22 like the Daikin ProShop.

Aircon Guru

precise

Reaction score
Ok all the best as u hunt for the most suitable Aircon, precise!

It's true that I was pretty attracted to Toshiba as its compressors are made in Japan. But I'm not too sure like is it really good..

Just checked with another supplier . He mentioned that Toshiba is good but its design is not suitable for Singapore. Reason being the cooling fins are dense and accumulate dust much faster and can cause choke to drainage if not maintained regularly . Need to visit and validate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.