Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martel

Reaction score
Star Cool

Hi All, anyone try Star Cool - Aron & Ah Boon 2016 how is their service and workmanship ?

terumo

Reaction score
To cannotliao,

Then better assess first before replacement.
What brand is your aircon?

cleven

Reaction score
Hi,

Is this quotation reasonable?

Model: MXY-4A28VA / MSY-GE10VA X2 + MSY-GE13VA + MSY-GE26VA (30,367Btu) - $4,450 incl 7% GST

To supply labour & material to install 1 set of Mit StarMEX inverter multi split wall mounted type A/C complete with 1/2" Thermaflex class "O" insulation, refrigerant copper piping, diameter 16mm drainpipe, 3 core 40 Keystone control wire, 2.5mm wiring from condenser to isolator, PVC casing at expose area, vacuum system, charging in refrigerant gas, testing and commissioning

Compressor 5 yrs, Fancoil/Spare Parts 1 yr warranty by agent.
Installation workmanship 1 yr warranty.

From the same company,
MXY-4A28VA / MSY-GE10VA X3 + MSY-GE24VA - $4,390

Price difference of only $60 for following changes:
MSY-GE26VA => MSY-GE24VA
MSY-GE13VA => MSY-GE10VA
Err... so little price difference? But in the first place, is the quote considered reasonable?

cleven

Reaction score
Also, can any air-con guru advised if 9000btu enough for all bedrooms & 24000btu enough for living room based on the following area?

Currently air-con is on mainly in master bedroom but with kids having their own room in future, all 3 bedrooms may on air con at the same time at night. As for living room, currently doesn't have any air con at all, so may just on if there's any gathering or when weather is extremely hot/hazy, which probably only on during the day time. At max, living room cum 1 bedroom will turn on at the same time. Is 28VA compressor enough?

Master bedroom - 14.4m2
Bedroom 2 - 13.5m2
Bedroom 3 - 13.68m2
Living room - 33.6m2

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i plan to use the 5 ticks model from mitsubishi and also for a system 4 model as plan to use it on hot weather.

any recommendation for other models ? or even Mitsubishi Heavy System ?

living room - 34.78m2
main bedroom - 18.5m2
bedroom 2 - 19m2
bedroom 3 - 13.16m2

can i get 9k btu for the bedroom and 24k btu for the living room ?

Last edited:

precise

Reaction score
Ok. More or less buying toshiba sys 4.
Allbest offers the best price. About 4k inclusive of bracket and standard material with 60 mths installation warranty.
The rest of warranty provided by toshiba, i.e. 1 year parts + 5 years compressor.

Read many not so good review about allbest which makes me hesitate. But the surprising thing is that they are in business for a long while. The last forum post I read about them was in 2006 and the newest one is 2014 with pocket of unhappy buyers. Sample size relatively small as representation.

Any pple here has any comments?

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with you all, in my new 5 room bro, I got a 20 Amp DP isolator. If I want to use a system 1 and system 4, do I need to run another power point? Or can just use the same 20 Amp DP for both condensing unit? Thanks.

The model I'm going to use is Starmex 9000 Btu system 1 (4 ticks) and Starmex 28000 Btu system 4 (5 ticks)

Anyone using 2 systems kindly share the information... Thanks.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, can any air-con guru advised if 9000btu enough for all bedrooms & 24000btu enough for living room based on the following area?

Currently air-con is on mainly in master bedroom but with kids having their own room in future, all 3 bedrooms may on air con at the same time at night. As for living room, currently doesn't have any air con at all, so may just on if there's any gathering or when weather is extremely hot/hazy, which probably only on during the day time. At max, living room cum 1 bedroom will turn on at the same time. Is 28VA compressor enough?

Master bedroom - 14.4m2
Bedroom 2 - 13.5m2
Bedroom 3 - 13.68m2
Living room - 33.6m2

New BTO flats, from what i see with regards to the sqm.

Use curtains if yours has east or west sun. Should be enough. Wall insulation for new BTOs is very good. If your floor is timber/wood/laminate flooring, lagi better.

If old resale and any wall kena sunlight, 9000btu/hr might not be enough. My mum's flat is one such example. Switch on 9000btu/hr literally brand new AC @ 5pm, 3 friggin hours @ 8pm still barely below 29 deg C.

cleven

Reaction score
New BTO flats, from what i see with regards to the sqm.

Use curtains if yours has east or west sun. Should be enough. Wall insulation for new BTOs is very good. If your floor is timber/wood/laminate flooring, lagi better.

If old resale and any wall kena sunlight, 9000btu/hr might not be enough. My mum's flat is one such example. Switch on 9000btu/hr literally brand new AC @ 5pm, 3 friggin hours @ 8pm still barely below 29 deg C.

Thanks.

Mine is old flat, renovating my hse. There's east sun but not very direct or long hours under the sun, walls not that hot type.

My current bedroom flooring is laminated floor but going to hack away & replace with tiles.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to buy the filters for mitsubishi starmex? Not the green plastic filter but the small "furry" blue one attached to the big green plastic one. Mine is only 2 years old but both look worn out & 1 even looks like it shrunk!

On a separate note i was thinking of daikin but my ID was of the view mitsubishi was better.

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just found out Daikin having promotion 1+2 warranty total 3 years. No horse run.

Looking for this sys 3 with 4 ticks on NEA website. Am offer S$3k

lWZ6pl0.png
+ (indoor) FTKS25DVM x 3

d06FmOA.png

the 3MKS50FSG outdoor unit only 5.0kw = 17000btu
for system 3 you should go for 3MKS71FSG which is 7.1kw 24000btu
each FTKS25DVM fcu is 2.5kw 9000btu, if you run all together on the 3MKS50FSG it will not be 'balance', stil can run but total fcu output are more than what the condenser can support. or you only on 2 fcu at 1 time
anyway the price diff between 3MKS50FSG and 3MKS71FSG think around $200+
but 3MKS71FSG is a three ticks system

Last edited:

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with you all, in my new 5 room bro, I got a 20 Amp DP isolator. If I want to use a system 1 and system 4, do I need to run another power point? Or can just use the same 20 Amp DP for both condensing unit? Thanks.

The model I'm going to use is Starmex 9000 Btu system 1 (4 ticks) and Starmex 28000 Btu system 4 (5 ticks)

Anyone? TIA

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what i know we need each and individual 20amp power point for every condenser
you can see those hdb unit having 2 condensers got 1 is run the extra wiring from inside the house to outside.
you need to get a electrician for installation the extra point which cost about $300+
you can call any aircon dealers to check out.

do you really need so many fcu? are you using them all?
im using system 3 now but i actually only running 2 fcu daily, the other one just install during the time thinking i might need it. ended it a waste of money to me due to very low usages.
i replacing my system 3 for a system 2 now, i rather save the money for future replacement of new system. once the system giving problem after warranty period, i see high chance not worth for repairing due to the high repair cost.
but if you got the budget and intention for whole house aircon then can go ahead.
and for living you best to go for at least a 12000btu or best 18000btu

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i plan to use the 5 ticks model from mitsubishi and also for a system 4 model as plan to use it on hot weather.

living room - 34.78m2
main bedroom - 18.5m2
bedroom 2 - 19m2
bedroom 3 - 13.16m2

any news on this one ?

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i know we need each and individual 20amp power point for every condenser
you can see those hdb unit having 2 condensers got 1 is run the extra wiring from inside the house to outside.
you need to get a electrician for installation the extra point which cost about $300+
you can call any aircon dealers to check out.

do you really need so many fcu? are you using them all?
im using system 3 now but i actually only running 2 fcu daily, the other one just install during the time thinking i might need it. ended it a waste of money to me due to very low usages.
i replacing my system 3 for a system 2 now, i rather save the money for future replacement of new system. once the system giving problem after warranty period, i see high chance not worth for repairing due to the high repair cost.
but if you got the budget and intention for whole house aircon then can go ahead.
and for living you best to go for at least a 12000btu or best 18000btu
thanks for the reply.

From the spec on internet i understand the running current for Mitsubishi MUYGE10VA is 3.3Amp and Mitsubishi MXY4G28VA is 2.59 - 12.65Amp. in total is 15.95Amps (does it calculate this way?)

so i thought maybe can connect both condensing unit to 20Amps DP? does it works this way?

if cannot then no choice need to add the power point.
yes will do aircon on all rooms and living room and living room will use 24000btu.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. You mean I cannot use 3 fcu at the same time?

Weekday
Usually my dad will start his fcu at 9pm to 6am
Brother 12am-6.30am
Moi 10pm-6.30am

Only Sunday brother & moi will use extra 2 hrs to off it.

the 5.0kw/17000btu unti still can support 3fcu but the btu will not be 'balance'
for hdb rm 6000btu is enough, living room best for 12000 but i think 9000btu also can do ifyou on a fan and circulating the cool air. living room need higher btu not only it bigger but also near to kitchen which give out heat when cooking and there more people in living room..etc all these will contributed to the cooling result.

just sharing what i know since im looking for new aircon too. i got the info goole and asking around airocn dealers and recall back what i learned when iinstalled my old system.
feel free to correct me if im wrong

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

From the spec on internet i understand the running current for Mitsubishi MUYGE10VA is 3.3Amp and Mitsubishi MXY4G28VA is 2.59 - 12.65Amp. in total is 15.95Amps (does it calculate this way?)

so i thought maybe can connect both condensing unit to 20Amps DP? does it works this way?

if cannot then no choice need to add the power point.
yes will do aircon on all rooms and living room and living room will use 24000btu.

i also thought the same way too since the output able to support more than 1 unit but i was told no, need extra main power point to individual circuit breaker.
think that is hdb safety requirement.
you can feel free to check with any aircon seller. they will tell you all what you want to know. the business is quite competitive, all fighting for business.

this the hdb Air-Conditioner Installation Works info
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/re...renovation/air-conditioner-installation-works

for 3/4/5rm hdb only allow max total current running of 8.50 amps
the breaker 20amps but they wont allow to max it out for safety reason

Last edited:

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi System 4 good enough for 4 bedrooms?

anyone here having a similar Mitsubishi System 4 (MXY-4A28VA compressor with 4 x MSY-GE10 fancoils) installed for 4 bedrooms? Will the 4 rooms cool down fast enough and maintain its coolness thereafter?

Is $4700 reasonable with 1/2" thermaflex copper pipe (G22), 3C Keystone wire and stainless steel bracket?

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

living room - 34.78m2
main bedroom - 18.5m2
bedroom 2 - 19m2
bedroom 3 - 13.16m2

I was given a quote from JK air con

heavy industries

living room -18000 btu , main bedroom - 12000 btu , 9000 btu x2 - $3900 with 4 new set of materials upgraded to 1/2 insulation armaflex 16mm

is this worth while ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.