Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

letdoit

Reaction score
To Boeing101,

The materials used are of good specs.
But price a bit on the high, maybe due to good quality of labour & materials.

look for quality and experience installer they have. extra $$ will save your headache.
Unit won't give issue. during installing, I will check their tool which brand they using if come to me.

For example if they using lousy tubing bender, u will see the pipe will wrinkles or slippage marks. also take note what type of cable . Anyway they will PVC insulated wire ( cheaper) for them. 2.5sqm cable and above ( at least). some they cheating using 1.5sqm wire.

keigo22

Reaction score
yes, the standard has change. So look very carefully on the model. SAME BRAND got different model. I kena quote a bit cheaper but is old model and only 3 tick instead the showroom show 4 tick and some five tick. Those 5 tick is expensive model. They will try to clear 3 ticks air con.
So beware.

If can wait, R32 is coming out more better energy saving and currently only single spilt :(

I looking for ppl had installed solar powered air con. The shop said they done HDB before. anyone?

I'm looking at Daikin Envi Series and Urusara 7...in term of price Envi Series is more affordable while the Urusara 7 is drop jaw and given it is so complex, come problem when parts fail.

Accura69

Reaction score
Need to replace my system 2 aircon in my apartment. Any shop to recommend? Went to GC and was quoted 3600 for replacing n replacing the piping etc. Called cool world and was told they don't do pte apt only do hdb.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to replace my system 2 aircon in my apartment. Any shop to recommend? Went to GC and was quoted 3600 for replacing n replacing the piping etc. Called cool world and was told they don't do pte apt only do hdb.

going to check passionair personally if the servicing guy from astiquer can't solve my problem

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I new to aircon. Any recommendations for 3 rm flats?? Gd to buy in harvery norman??

Boeing101

Reaction score
look for quality and experience installer they have. extra $$ will save your headache.
Unit won't give issue. during installing, I will check their tool which brand they using if come to me.

For example if they using lousy tubing bender, u will see the pipe will wrinkles or slippage marks. also take note what type of cable . Anyway they will PVC insulated wire ( cheaper) for them. 2.5sqm cable and above ( at least). some they cheating using 1.5sqm wire.

Ya, coolserve sales told me they send a team that got lot of compliments from customers to install for me. I think it is 2 persons.
Will update all after installation. See their so call compliment team is really how good?

Boeing101

Reaction score
For outsider, actually installers skill good or not good we can only wait for few mth or even yr then know.
Only insider can know their skill on the spot.

I think its better to take ton of photo to backup my claim just in case. From the unpack equipment to how they connect each pipe from one to another and how they bent the pipe.

alterpath

Reaction score
On second thoughts. I might be getting Mitsubishi Heavy instead of Daikin, which is slightly cheaper and seems lighter on electricity bills. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking to go with Newway or Cool World. Do any of you have comments on those companies?

Boeing101

Reaction score
F - is the newer model with 3 ticks.

I think after looking at spec, the new model less powerful leh.
I think the new model 4MKS80FSG with this combination indoor unit:
2 x FTKS 25
1 x FTKS 35
1 x FTKS 71

is less powerful than 4MKS80ESG with this combination indoor unit:
2 x FTKS 25
1 x FTKS 35
1 x FTKS 50

I mean when all room are turn on at same time, the older compressor unit is able to provide each room with higher cooling power.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
On second thoughts. I might be getting Mitsubishi Heavy instead of Daikin, which is slightly cheaper and seems lighter on electricity bills. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking to go with Newway or Cool World. Do any of you have comments on those companies?

I have installed Mitsubishi Heavy System3 last year April. So far so good with the electricity bill around $80.

You can look for "Supreme Air" at Toa Payoh. The company advertise on Lazada last year for $2,880 :)

letdoit

Reaction score
I have installed Mitsubishi Heavy System3 last year April. So far so good with the electricity bill around $80.

You can look for "Supreme Air" at Toa Payoh. The company advertise on Lazada last year for $2,880 :)
Your $80 mean your total electricity or added $80? My house without air con already $110. 2 adults, 1 kids (2 year old) at night usual only.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Regarding warranty, this is what I interpret from their website:

Daikin warranty cover general and compressor 2 type. In "general warranty" section, replacement of all Daikin part is free but labour and transportation charge applied. However, Daikin sales say transport charge is free. Furthermore, I don't understand their "compressor warranty" section. Cos, they say after general warranty run out, replacement of compressor will be charge. But they did not say "what" items will be charge? If replacement of part will be charge, then what is the use of compressor warranty?

In ME warranty, all replacement part are free but does not include labour and transportation charge except for compressor unit.

I think for both, remote control is not warranty.

Last edited:

alterpath

Reaction score

Thank you! I'll probably go with Mitsubishi Heavy then. Cheers! :flash:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score

how is your aircon usage do you on all 3 unit often?

xorionn

Reaction score
anyone got lobang for aircon repair in south/west?
need to replace fan coil/blade and one of the room unit's pcb chip

victoryeo

Reaction score
I think after looking at spec, the new model less powerful leh.
I think the new model 4MKS80FSG with this combination indoor unit:
2 x FTKS 25
1 x FTKS 35
1 x FTKS 71

is less powerful than 4MKS80ESG with this combination indoor unit:
2 x FTKS 25
1 x FTKS 35
1 x FTKS 50

I mean when all room are turn on at same time, the older compressor unit is able to provide each room with higher cooling power.

I got a quote of $4160 for Daikin System 4 from Cold Engine.

Outdoor Unit: 4MKS80FSG (24k+ btu)
Indoor Units: 3 x FTKS25DVM (9k btu)
1 x FTKS71FVM (24k btu)

Free upgrade to 1/2 inch armaflex, G22 copper piping, 2 trips installation and 16mm drainage pipe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.