Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.

I am also trying to find an installer with good review.
But seems like most of them do not have any.

Headache...

quoted from their FB page

Best Offer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Free upgraded Btu from 9000btu to 12000btu
High capacity make your room feel more cold
System 2
Free Cash voucher $100
2 units 12000btu SCM45ZJ-S / SRK35ZMA-S x2
$2190nett (4 ticks energy saving)
System 3
Free Cash voucher $120
3units 12000btu SCM60ZJ-S/SRK35ZMA-S x3
$2790nett (3 ticks energy saving)
Please do not hesitate to call/SMS/Whatsapp@90172043/66842801, We provide free advice, quote and site survey with NO Obligation! Our installers are more than 10 years’ experience with BCA certified,very good workmanship. Engage with our company we will giving free 1 year warranty for installation and piping.
Free Materials upgraded:
• ½ inch thick armaflex insulation class 1
• G23 100% Copper pipe
• 16mm Drainage pipe
• Sigma wire

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if anyone can find a good installer pls let me know also

going to install a system 1 inverter

cleven

Reaction score
tks for recommendation. they look good and trust-able, will arrange for a site survey, maybe from Newway and Cool world after the CNY period.:)

Did you get from Cool World? I'm trying to find a good air-con installer but not sure which to go for as not many reviews for some of the companies.

Panjang_leg

Reaction score
Hi guys, may i know isit more worth it to change aircon piping and service the aircon or totally change a brand new one? Cos i just got a resale flat and the aircon is around 2 years old. But i notice the pipe trunking got stains of water.

guyferic

Reaction score
Did you get from Cool World? I'm trying to find a good air-con installer but not sure which to go for as not many reviews for some of the companies.

My ME(5 ticks) system 2, $2720 was installed by cool world on 8th Mar. Overall experience quite good. They came abt 15mins earlier than the scheduled time, took abt 3+hrs and everything is done. a difference of 100+kWh comparing Mar & Apr electric usage with 8-9hrs of every day usage for both aircon.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
My ME(5 ticks) system 2, $2720 was installed by cool world on 8th Mar. Overall experience quite good. They came abt 15mins earlier than the scheduled time, took abt 3+hrs and everything is done. a difference of 100+kWh comparing Mar & Apr electric usage with 8-9hrs of every day usage for both aircon.

Did you upgrade insulation and copper pipe?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get to know the official installer from Daikin and they are using Thermaflex insulation, probably I will get them to do the installation for me.

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Hi guys, may i know isit more worth it to change aircon piping and service the aircon or totally change a brand new one? Cos i just got a resale flat and the aircon is around 2 years old. But i notice the pipe trunking got stains of water.

2 yr old aircon seem new pretty new. If I were you, I get those aircon to come over to inspect the condition then decide to go repair or change to a new one...:)

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
didn't upgrade but I feel good enough. normally using 25°C, fan power switches btw 3-4 depending on the outside weather

i see so your insulation is the 3/8 inch armaflex and G23 copper pipe? any changes to your electric bill compared to your old aircon

cleven

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. We got quotes from Cool World, Star Cool, Aircon Best Value & few others. Star Cool & Aircon Best Value are the lowest among all. Can't find much reviews on Aircon Best Value's performance. Star Cool seems like quite popular but they seem quite busy, so wonder if their response wld be slow.

Anyone has review to share on Star Cool & Aircon Best Value? Thanks.

guyferic

Reaction score
i see so your insulation is the 3/8 inch armaflex and G23 copper pipe? any changes to your electric bill compared to your old aircon

3/8 inch & G23 at least that's what I saw on the packaging b4 installation.
This is the very 1st aircon installed in my life so cannot compare bills but for this past 2mths it's still in the acceptable range.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
My panasonic aircon nanoe g got noise issue when activated.have called the service centre they replace the nanoe outlet but the sound came back again after few weeks below is my uploaded video

Anyone using panasonic aircon experience same issue? I using the 4 tick new model CS-XS9RKZW

orange_20

Reaction score
I realise there isn't many recommendations for Toshiba aircon?

any problems with Toshiba so far anyone?

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toshiba shutted down business in spore moved out. Their aircon think is by Carrier but people likey to link it name to the shutted news so lower interested with it.
Their marketing also weak.

orange_20

Reaction score
Toshiba shutted down business in spore moved out. Their aircon think is by Carrier but people likey to link it name to the shutted news so lower interested with it.
Their marketing also weak.

true that. the only aircon adverts I see are for daikin and Mitsubishi Starmex.

but fact is Toshiba has one of the highest compressor capacity for system 4 at 34000BTU. and compressor made in Japan some more.

I'm just wondering cuz I actually chose Toshiba for my new place but it seems there isn't much interest for Toshiba. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.