Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MY SPEC 4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM, 2x FTKS35DVM -

Fortuna - Daikin PRO Shop - $3980
Nataire - $3900
GC - $3850
Cold engine - $3800

Materials similar - 22 SWG copper pipes,1/2 inch Armaflex insulation and bracket.

GC can extend 5 years warranty. Just worried about their workmanship, read quiet poor nowdays. Leaning towards cold engine.

Wow, your room using 12KBTU, such a high specs. I was told 9KBTU is sufficient for rooms.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Wow, your room using 12KBTU, such a high specs. I was told 9KBTU is sufficient for rooms.
I don't like GC. Felt cheated. I bought a machine from them and they told me agent warranty is 1 yr and asked me if I would want to get their extended 4 yr warranty and I agreed. When the washer was sent to my house the warranty card stated 2 yrs warranty. I went down to check with the same saleman and he told me when I get the extended warranty, means they cover 3 covers. ****i.... So they eat me one yr

meowkat

Reaction score

Yup, understand that room most likely 9k BTU enough liao, over power may leads to humidity issues...

I am siding towards Cold Engine...too!

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Just sharing my final quotation form Cold Engine.

=====================================================

Hi Mr XXX,

Please see below for the final quote after site survey,

Daikin System 2 - $2400
3MKS50FSG/FTKS25DVM x 2

Standard piping materials without upgrade
1. 16mm pvc drainage pipe with 1/4 inch thickness armaflex insulation.
2. 23g copper pipe with 1/2 inch thickness Class “1” armaflex insulation.
3. Keystone/Sigma 3 core 40 & 70 wire.
4. Stainless steel bracket is additional $150 nett with installation if necessary.

Warranty
1. Compressor 5 year (Dealer warranty)
2. Other parts 1+2 years for Daikin (Dealer warranty)
3. Workmanship 1 year (Installer warranty)

May 2016 Package
** Free Site Survey
** Free 2 trip installation
** Free upgrade to G22 copper pipe (Thickness and Hardness gas piping)
** Free upgrade to Class “O” half inch Armaflex Insulation. (Fire protection quality)
** Free Unlimited piping length
** Free dismantle and disposal old set aircon
** One time ac-hoc general servicing with special rate for no units of install within 1 year- $15 per unit.
** One time ac-hoc chemical overhaul with special rate for no units of install within 2 year- 30% discount per unit (Price different base on BTU)
** No hidden cost (Nett Price)
** Promotion while stock last.
** $100 deposit payment upon job confirmation.$900 payment upon piping installation. Rest of payment is

COD upon completion of job (Cash or cheque payment acceptable)

Last edited:

santa74

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just get quotation from GC as below;
MXY-3A28VA + 2x MSXY-GE10 + 1x MSXY-GE18 with 22 SWG copper pipes,1/2 inch Armaflex insulation and bracket for $3718.

Is GE series indoor are better than FJ series? Because he is telling me GE is better than FJ. And also he is telling me that MXY-3G28VA (5 ticks model) is very noisy and ask me to take MXY-3A28VA instead.

Thanks in advance.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initially I want to get a quote from the one of the Aircon Installer in the Renotalk Forum, send them the configuration 1 month ago and they reply with the quotation.

I have resend them the same configuration to check any price change but they refuse to provide me the estimated price and asking me to provide the floor plan to have the estimated price. I told them I do not have the floor plan as mine is the resale flat and not BTO but they want me to draw out the plan instead.

I don't think I want to let them do the installation as the price they quote me is also very high, almost $4700 for Daikin System 4 with Silver Envi Series for 3 rooms and normal fancoil for the living room.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Initially I want to get a quote from the one of the Aircon Installer in the Renotalk Forum, send them the configuration 1 month ago and they reply with the quotation.

I have resend them the same configuration to check any price change but they refuse to provide me the estimated price and asking me to provide the floor plan to have the estimated price. I told them I do not have the floor plan as mine is the resale flat and not BTO but they want me to draw out the plan instead.

I don't think I want to let them do the installation as the price they quote me is also very high, almost $4700 for Daikin System 4 with Silver Envi Series for 3 rooms and normal fancoil for the living room.

Wats the initials of this company... Seems very stuck up

JinBaoYing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the cheapest system 3 I can get ah? any brand also can! China brand also boleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.