Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
improper insulation and installation will lead to all these leaking one. Most of them give you the so called "1 year workmanship warranty" which is bullsh*t as it will start giving you problem from 2nd years onwards unless you do not turn on frequently......

ReadLessMoreTV

Reaction score
what abt toshiba? At least the compressor is MIJ with respect to to mitsubi shi which is made in thailand

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiya, i said liao, workmanship is more important than the brand........dun just go blindly for what stupid 3 diamond brand lah.

blackslayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iMbEst said:
aiya, i said liao, workmanship is more important than the brand........dun just go blindly for what stupid 3 diamond brand lah.
that's true... and it depends on which shop u buy from too.

blackslayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If TS wants..i can recommend mine..good workmanship. quoted me for 5k less than 5.5k. for my mitsubishi inverter. one wide and long for my living room. 4 small one for my other 4 rooms..

ReadLessMoreTV

Reaction score
HT/NC/GC all ok? anyone that are more preferred over the other? reasonable cost , good workmanship and support?

ok45sg

Reaction score
Bad Aircon Carre4 installation

The contractor called me up on morn of installation and 'persuaded' me to use grey insulation instead of black as written on agreement (black better, this was advised by my aircon supervisor cousin) - no choice but agreed as he was insistent.

And when they came to install, they dragged the heavy airconditioner through the main hall and spoilt the floor. Without using any plastic protective cover, they drill and the stone fragments are lying all over the bedroom and also mar my bedroom parquet floor when they sweep!

Bad experience. Carre4 airconditioning section is actually belonging to Trends Home Electrical.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is a very good thread for "Air con company to avoid"

I am risking my $2k to test on Allbest...haha..

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
things you shall invest properly one you dun spend, things dun need to pay so much one you go and waste $$$ on sigh.....

ok45sg

Reaction score
Belllyache abt Carre4's aircon installers

To continue, I was giving the 'tai-chi' round-a-round when I complained to Carre4 re damaged parquet floor on account of worker's sloppy work.

It seems Carre4 called up the contractor and it was the contractor's installation worker who called me to apologise instead(shouldn't the boss be responsible for its worker's mess?!) saying he can't afford to compensate me as he's just a worker. Wat can I do? - I don't want him out of a job, so I am forced to accept his apology.

It still rankles and hence this thread of caution to anyone out there

Wonder if there's any punishment meted in hell for these irresponsible workers? :s27:

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iMbEst said:
improper insulation and installation will lead to all these leaking one. Most of them give you the so called "1 year workmanship warranty" which is bullsh*t as it will start giving you problem from 2nd years onwards unless you do not turn on frequently......
Bro,

I recently bought a new 4 room flat, so thinking to do air-conditioning on the 3 rooms.

What are the pointers to look for for on workmanship?

As you have mentioned, Insulation and installation. So how do we know if the contractors have done a good job?

Are there more insulation types of foam other than grey and black?

Kindly advise as I know nothing on all these, but wanna avoid making mistakes.

Thanks.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iMbEst said:

how about those company that give 5 years workmanship warranty ? in fact, most company are providing that now..

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ekardo said:
how about those company that give 5 years workmanship warranty ? in fact, most company are providing that now..

5 yr warranty?? dun believe their bullsh1t.. read their conditions and fine print carefully ;)

ok45sg

Reaction score
2 cts' or less worth

1)Insulation Piping Class 1 or 0-
Oops, don't know any much better but my aircon cousin told me black insulation piping is better than grey -

Well, I needed to buy another set of air-con for another flat - same , Toshiba, made in Thailand. I finally bought from Gain City which my aircon supervisor originally advised- I paid $150 more than at Carre4- price of peace of mind:)

At Gain City, they have other thicker insulations but cost more, they will advise you.
For me, I just took the black piping vs the grey piping when they ask me to select for normal installation.

2) Drainage pipe - bigger better, but cost more?

Less pipe joints - so less problem at joints.

3) Ask for experienced installer & then pray.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
colour doesn't mean anything..

for insulation, go for minimum Totaline..

Armaflex seems to be better..

normally they give 3/8"...if you can afford...go for 1/2 inch..

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ekardo said:

yah yah yah, charge you 5x more and give you 5 years warranty mah, like that I also know lah....

aiyo, as others said, dun believe such bullsh*t okay? if it's good, it doesn't need any warranty :) got problem, give them a call, will response within 24hr. simple as that, but dun think i need to use that kind of service :D

ok45sg, drop them a call, and tell them you're going to raise a case to small claim tribunal, see if the boss will reply to you or not. I can't remember how much liao, but $20 is enough to give him tons of trouble to go down and meet the judge and forced to pay you. But I dunno how much is your aircon, may not qualified for SCT though.....

just talk to the boss and said it's his responsibility to handle the screw upsz. Nothing to do with the worker, he won't get out of job one.

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well...your statement not really right..

last time TV can last 20 over years...they also give 5 years warranty...then why suddenly change to only 1 year?? because they are good? Bring good doesn't mean there will not be problem.

Fixing Aircon is a very complicated process...anyway..remember, even the best chef can have a bad mood day too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.