Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ws74er

Banned
Reaction score
Checking around prices, and here's what I've found:

GainCity
======
Panasonic Sys 3 $1879
LG Sys 3 $1929

Hong Tar
=======
Mitsubushi Sys 3 $2020
Fujitsu Sys 3 $1900

All come with brackets and black piping.

Any suggestions? Which is better deal? Any issues with either systems?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Panasonic, I found $1750 with cool serve 2 months ago..

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dun trust those retail shops. get recommendation from your neighbours, especially those new flats. if you're resale flat, then too bad lah.

ws74er

Banned
Reaction score
ekardo said:
Panasonic, I found $1750 with cool serve 2 months ago..

Is that nett price? inclusive of brackets? I got a 15amp power pt already, so saved on that.

Guyz, any other recommendations?

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
must check the insulation also.

I got mine 24Kbtu/h + System 3 Envio for $2950, if i dun remember wrongly.

got it from this company called Metro aircon i think, their office at sungai kadut one, think they can match any price outside, the guy in charge very good in running piping to make it look nice nice. Anyway, my whole house piping concealed liao, only 1 small little part got box up at the corridor and toilet a bit of trunking. Sui sui de neh....

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can conceal or not depend on the lay out of your house.

u can conceal everything doesn't mean everyone can.

KuroI-Kaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im planning to install air conditioning to all my 3 rooms but worry about the bills >_<

Please advise the fees if I were to on the machine for 8hours a day.

reds79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi also planning to get system 3....

any butties can advise moi???

fireblade08

Reaction score
Enquiry On Air-con

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, anyone can help me on air-con??

Currently wanted to install one unit of air-con at the MBR. Looking for Mitsubishi Inverter. But found out that Mit Starmex does'nt comes with Single Split System One Inverter.

But saw the Mit Heavy Industries comes with Single Split System One Inverter. Is Mit Heavy Industries an old model??

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi heavy industries one is not really saving energy... dun buy.. if u getting single split no point getting inverter type unless 3 room and above and everynight at least on 2 room

fireblade08

Reaction score
How about inverter System 2? Will it help to save energy?? Is non-inverter a good choice? Heard that non- inverter tends to spoilt easily due to the way it operates, is it true?

fireblade08

Reaction score
Anyone bought air-con from Gain City?? Are they good?? Was quoted $2050 Sys2 Inverter Mit HI + $150 for bracket and $359 for 5yrs warranty. Any way to bargain the price?

Find it weird... Price $2050 given does not incl the $359 5yrs warranty.

koayts8

Reaction score
Panasonic noisy after service

most of the brands are good and not noisy. But wait till you have them serviced. My Panasonic was a bliss. I had a nice quiet nights until I get it serviced. Now I have all sorts of noises, chirping, druming and so forth. Ask your dealer regarding this before you get one that give you hell after serviced (unless you planned not to service any, just change new ones after 5 years)

dwan

Reaction score
Hi
I had a fairly decent time with my air con man, he has been in this line 30 yrs, did air cons for me over the past 10 yrs.

I just installed a pair of Panasonics, pretty quiet, not noticable when sleeping or in my hi fi room.
Got a pair of Panasonic single-split unit CS XC 9DKZ 9110 btu for about 840 installed. with drilling of holes, bracket, everything and GST as well

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=45739.0

His shop is around the AMK area

Can PM me his contact? thanks.:)

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
i going to collect my new flat key.

i intend to install StarMex System 4 invertor in living room and 3 bedrooms.

my uncle say it is better to install those window-grill-mountable air con unit so if spoil just change easy and dont have problem on water leaking..

my unit dont have corridor-window.

any advise.

haruko_yoshiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I plan to do up my room (Re-paint & furnish), and install air con.. Do I install after I've painted or before?

Planning to get the LG Artcool series... (Any feedback)?

Wootsies87

Reaction score
Actually, I have been using daikin for many years now and it still has not broken down or even given any problems. They may be a bit more expensive but i find them more reliable than the others.
Thats not to say that other brands are unreliable. Just that i have had a good experience with daikin. Even at someones place that i know, the units there have been still going strong for about 10 years now? They just call the guy in to check it once in a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.