Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjzsakae

Reaction score
hi guys.. i am back with an answer to my previous enquiry.
i have check with GainCity guys and the answer they gave is NO with regards to my previous question. (sharing of compressor between 2 FCU qn, please refer back to previous post if u blur blur nw =) )

my aircon was installed and running since yesterday. shiok leh, haha. first time buying aircon so a bit blur also.
time to share my experience =)

i tink the location of the FCU is also damn important.. my currently FCU location is at a corner of a room and hence the other end of the room is slightly warmer, erm, not cold to be extact.
this is my first time using a aircon at home and hence i dun have any experience but if i were to install again, i will place the FCU at the center of the room where it is close to my computer and bed. i tried turnning on the FCU at full speed, lowest temp and tried standing infront of it. its cool but not till the chilling stage hence i believe i can tahan even if it is blowing closer or even at me -_-"

like wad singingbard mentioned, buy aircon is to enjoy de mah.. of cos must place it closer to you. unless you dun mind always using it at full speed and lowest temp the whole day which in turn is $$ issue again.
i believe if i place it closer to me, i need not switch it till so cold and safe more $$. T_T too late now..

now i have a new plan.. i planning to shift my bed and computer etc to accomandate the aircon.. haha.. pretty lame but bo bian la..

btw, my contractor is Lightening AC, location at Tampines area.
quite please with their job. they came at 9.30am and finished the job at 7pm. very accomandating and they even help to arrange for the electrician to lay the cables on the same day.
before they install the aircon they will also come over for a site survey and give recommendation on the location of the FCU etcs. HELPFUL! =)

http://www.lightning.sg/

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys.. i am back with an answer to my previous enquiry.
i have check with GainCity guys and the answer they gave is NO with regards to my previous question. (sharing of compressor between 2 FCU qn, please refer back to previous post if u blur blur nw =) )

my aircon was installed and running since yesterday. shiok leh, haha. first time buying aircon so a bit blur also.
time to share my experience =)

i tink the location of the FCU is also damn important.. my currently FCU location is at a corner of a room and hence the other end of the room is slightly warmer, erm, not cold to be extact.
this is my first time using a aircon at home and hence i dun have any experience but if i were to install again, i will place the FCU at the center of the room where it is close to my computer and bed. i tried turnning on the FCU at full speed, lowest temp and tried standing infront of it. its cool but not till the chilling stage hence i believe i can tahan even if it is blowing closer or even at me -_-"

like wad singingbard mentioned, buy aircon is to enjoy de mah.. of cos must place it closer to you. unless you dun mind always using it at full speed and lowest temp the whole day which in turn is $$ issue again.
i believe if i place it closer to me, i need not switch it till so cold and safe more $$. T_T too late now..

now i have a new plan.. i planning to shift my bed and computer etc to accomandate the aircon.. haha.. pretty lame but bo bian la..

btw, my contractor is Lightening AC, location at Tampines area.
quite please with their job. they came at 9.30am and finished the job at 7pm. very accomandating and they even help to arrange for the electrician to lay the cables on the same day.
before they install the aircon they will also come over for a site survey and give recommendation on the location of the FCU etcs. HELPFUL! =)

http://www.lightning.sg/
gd tat u enjoy it! but if u were to use a thermometer n put where the cold air come out, it shld be around 13 plus degrees.

so the 2 compressor inside, 12000btu one is connected to living room n 8000btu to 2 rooms?

Last edited:

mjzsakae

Reaction score
124321896996ac40fa4a.jpg

hi guys.. i am done with my shiftings and i am very happy with the results. i managed to shift both my computer and bed just directly opp the aircon :).. and it seems tat i managed to contain the cold air ard my bed area as i notice that the area behind the wardrobe is slightly warmer which is alright for me.. my setting is, temp to 28degree and fan speed at 3bar and it will be cold throughout the nite.. :) woO~

terumo

Reaction score
Ma56ev16, u 0n 3 x 9k btu fcu @ the same time, its also powerful enough to cool the 3 rooms down. So no worries.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ma56ev16, u 0n 3 x 9k btu fcu @ the same time, its also powerful enough to cool the 3 rooms down. So no worries.
yeah..u're rite. actually for bedroom, 9000btu is more than enough. so if u were on 3 at the same time, each 6755btu. which is the correct btu for bedroom.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
124321896996ac40fa4a.jpg

hi guys.. i am done with my shiftings and i am very happy with the results. i managed to shift both my computer and bed just directly opp the aircon :).. and it seems tat i managed to contain the cold air ard my bed area as i notice that the area behind the wardrobe is slightly warmer which is alright for me.. my setting is, temp to 28degree and fan speed at 3bar and it will be cold throughout the nite.. :) woO~

wa sia... you really used the wardrobe to 'partition' the room to contain the coldness arh? :s13:

i dunno what's the size of your room but at 8000k BTU (should be enough for a bedrm bah), i dunno if that's really necessary. :s8:

How about the are behind the wardrobe? wouldn't it be wasted and the room becoming smaller? =:p

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
but from wat i tink, after a few hours, behind wardrobe wil eventually get cold.

wahahaha... you know what? You're right, most definitely! =:p

i suppose the wardrobe 'partition' probably help to 'concentrate' the coldness directly at the bed during start up. How much is everybody's guess. Would it have made a significant difference? Who knows? :s8:

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
How long does the piping actually last? My aircon recently broke down and I am changing a new set but I am thinking of not changing the pipings since mine is concealed. Would that be a problem? The piping should be around 7 years old.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
How long does the piping actually last? My aircon recently broke down and I am changing a new set but I am thinking of not changing the pipings since mine is concealed. Would that be a problem? The piping should be around 7 years old.

i dun know the answer to your question but i do know this... that if you were using the old R22 refridgerant before then you should only use R22 back. Almost all non-inverter uses R22, a few inverter system also uses R22. :s8:

If your new system is inverter, then high chance it is using the new R410a refridgerant. In that case, there may be a problem. :s8:

Also, the new R410a has a higher working pressure than the old R22. Thus R410a needs thicker Cu pipes (not larger, but thicker Cu wall). So chances are the R22 refridgerant would be using Cu pipes that may not withstand the higher pressured R410a, this leads to periodic topping up of gas due to leaks. :look:

Shu

Reaction score

Don't fix what ain't broken :)

Especially since the pipes are concealed.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually is recommeded to change the piping to new one. but since u dont wan to change, than u hav to use back new aircon wit R22 refrigerant. as R410A hav 2 times higher pressure.

mjzsakae

Reaction score
wa sia... you really used the wardrobe to 'partition' the room to contain the coldness arh? :s13:

i dunno what's the size of your room but at 8000k BTU (should be enough for a bedrm bah), i dunno if that's really necessary. :s8:

How about the are behind the wardrobe? wouldn't it be wasted and the room becoming smaller? =:p

that floor plan is not drawn to scale.. jus arga arga draw one.
currently using the room alone so dun have "not enough space" issue. no space was wasted =), cos i place all my barang barang, army stuff etcs behind dere too.. it feels like my room is slowly becoming a storeroom lo.. sigh.. -_-

i personally quite like the changes la.. cos staying in that HDB since birth.. so many years le den the arrangement of the furniture didn't change much.. it feels great to decorate and design yr own room, gives me a sense of accomplishment.. ok.. this one maybe i tink too much.. lOlx..

yes behind the wardrobe gets cooler as time goes by but not cold. my body did notice some diff in temp.. duno if it is becos of the windows over there. cos my windows aren't customized for aircons and the cold air might escape through dere.. it is those old type one..

sgstab

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go quote toshiba sys 4 inverter from GC at $3697, Mitsubish $3750,

which all included already, copper 22, armaflex insulation 1/2, 16mm drainage pipe, stainless steel

bracket, power point, old aircon dismantle.

If extend warranty, 439 apply.

Hi guys, is this price fair enuff? heard from you soon, need to get order by this Thursday, very hot recently, my old aircon can not serve me liao.

Klatzz

Reaction score
Hi all,

went to hong tar and best tech for mitsubishi electric aircon

Shop 1, Hong Tar
a) Brand, model and thickness of the insulation.
thermoflex, class 0, 1/2 inch thick.
b) Brand and thickness of the copper pipe.
gauge 23
c) Installation warranty period where labour, transportation and parts
are inclusive.
1 Year warranty for parts and workmanship, compressor got 5 years warranty.
d) Brand and model of the air conditioner.
Mitsubishi Electric, MXY4A28 / MSXYGA10(3units) / MSXY6A26 (9K+9K+9K+26K)
e) Price quoted.
$4070
f) Any other services they are providing or you have requested.
dismantling of 3 old window units, they insist to take the old
air-cons with them.

Shop 2, BestTech
K-flex, class 1, 3/8 inch thick.
gauge 23
are inclusive.
1 Year warranty for parts and workmanship, compressor got 5 years
warranty, plus $160 bucks servicing voucher.
Mitsubishi Electric, MXY4A28 (9K+9K+9K+18K)
e) Price quoted.
$3947
dismantling of 3 old window units, they did not insist to take the old
air-cons with them.

which would be a better bet? both refuse to change any specs of thier installation. I live in bukit batok street 21, 4-room A. Please advice as i am quite clueless.

Thanks in Advance!

terumo

Reaction score
Hi all,

went to hong tar and best tech for mitsubishi electric aircon

Shop 1, Hong Tar
thermoflex, class 0, 1/2 inch thick.
gauge 23
are inclusive.
1 Year warranty for parts and workmanship, compressor got 5 years warranty.
Mitsubishi Electric, MXY4A28 / MSXYGA10(3units) / MSXY6A26 (9K+9K+9K+26K)
e) Price quoted.
$4070
dismantling of 3 old window units, they insist to take the old
air-cons with them.

Shop 2, BestTech
K-flex, class 1, 3/8 inch thick.
gauge 23
are inclusive.
1 Year warranty for parts and workmanship, compressor got 5 years
warranty, plus $160 bucks servicing voucher.
Mitsubishi Electric, MXY4A28 (9K+9K+9K+18K)
e) Price quoted.
$3947
dismantling of 3 old window units, they did not insist to take the old
air-cons with them.

which would be a better bet? both refuse to change any specs of thier installation. I live in bukit batok street 21, 4-room A. Please advice as i am quite clueless.

Thanks in Advance!

Try Natural Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.