Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmario

Reaction score
just install Mitsubishi invert, on at low(1bar) and set at 25-26, still very cold. is it ok to set at 27 for a invert? will it cause any damage in long run?

gaia888

Reaction score
Mitsubishi guy came to repair on 7/12/09 said the gas may leaking and pump in 1kg of gas, ask us to monitor 1 month. If still have problem should call Gain City to check.

Actually the aircon still not much improve, I on 22 degree, can't feel the cool after so many hours. Eventhough in the morning my marble floor also not cool. The electricity bill still same as before I change from non-inverter to inverter.

I am really disappoited and don't know what happen to my aircon.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi guy came to repair on 7/12/09 said the gas may leaking and pump in 1kg of gas, ask us to monitor 1 month. If still have problem should call Gain City to check.

Actually the aircon still not much improve, I on 22 degree, can't feel the cool after so many hours. Eventhough in the morning my marble floor also not cool. The electricity bill still same as before I change from non-inverter to inverter.

wat fan speed did u set?

roadspeeder1

Reaction score
just install Mitsubishi invert, on at low(1bar) and set at 25-26, still very cold. is it ok to set at 27 for a invert? will it cause any damage in long run?

last month just replaced my old mitsubishi heavy industries sys 4 aircon with new mitsubishi inverter sys 4 aircon... new aircon set temp at 25 to 26 is indeed very cold already (fan speed 3 bar). was advised by the installer not to set at higher temperature and low fan speed as he noticed some insulation piping appears to have sweating sympton.

roadspeeder1

Reaction score

did u on individual unit to test? power point current sufficient for your system? Or any possible leaking caused by pipes instead of compressor? also check that your piping routing is meeting the recomended distance.

Last edited:

nt259

Reaction score
Anyone buy air con from COOLSERVE Air-Condition Engineering?

How is their services ?

shengsheng

Reaction score
Recommendation for low cost system 3

hi all,

i live in a 35 yr old flat, with a single unit + condenser in master bedroom. It is about 15 yrs old from previous owner and due to old piping, gas is leaking + unit is pretty old.

any recommendations for a low cost system 3, 1 for master bedroom, 1 for spare room and 1 in living room. Only the master bedroom one will be used every night, the other 2 hardly, only if there are guests.

will probably need piping work etc and retrunking.

i've seen many posting reviews on Hong Tar and All Best in IMM, what about places like Carrefour and Giant and Courts? Has anyone gotten their systems from there?

Am considering as they offer installments... easier on the pocket.

(if u are a dealer etc, feel free to contact me also) - h#e#n#g#s#h#e#n#w#u#i@gmail.com (remove #)

Thanks

gaia888

Reaction score
wat fan speed did u set?

I set the fan speed at super high lever (4 bar) and 22 degree. After switch on for whole night the operation indicator light still have 2 light, which means air conditioner is operating to reach the target temperature.

Only raining day, cool day the aircon indicator light will only have 1 light which means room temperature is approaching the target temperature.

gaia888

Reaction score
did u on individual unit to test? power point current sufficient for your system? Or any possible leaking caused by pipes instead of compressor? also check that your piping routing is meeting the recomended distance.

We din check for the other 2 smaller rooms. I din see any water leaking from the pipes as all seal up with big casing and silicon, if leaking also not easy to noticed.

As the power point and piping routing should be check by Gain City, we don't know about this.

buzzmario

Reaction score
even the trucking is seal, if got leaking, there should be swelling or water vapour on the surface of the trucking.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I set the fan speed at super high lever (4 bar) and 22 degree. After switch on for whole night the operation indicator light still have 2 light, which means air conditioner is operating to reach the target temperature.

Only raining day, cool day the aircon indicator light will only have 1 light which means room temperature is approaching the target temperature.

did u try to put the fan speed on auto or low? u try it if it helps..

roadspeeder1

Reaction score
even the trucking is seal, if got leaking, there should be swelling or water vapour on the surface of the trucking.

not true. water vapour may not be visible from external trunking, for my case the sweating insulation pipes were noticed when the air-con installer removed the trunking cover. poor pipe joint connection and improper cutting edges may also cause gas leakage.

buibuisnail

Reaction score
Hi, got a rude shock when I called Hong Tar in Enterprise Hub on Wed. Request 4 offer 2 replace my aircon. Quoted $2650 but bcos it concealed piping, the salesgirl inf they hv to make a visit to my plc. If I do not order frm them, they will charge me $30 for the sales call! State this is their policy and best I contact GainCity if I do not want to pay 4 sales visit. Ask to speak to her supervisor but "all r busy". Probably business too good. Contact GanCity - offer price $2140. Sales visit - no obligation. Sign with Gain City aft their salesguy visit.

which gain city branch u visited?

buibuisnail

Reaction score
went to recee prices for non inverter aircon, was told that from 2011 onwards applicances with <3ticks will not be sold. mitsubishi non inverter also dun have energy saving 3 ticks (i went to website see also only got 2 ticks) & R410A gas type non inverter is new, store dun have. & the difference between the old gas R22 & new gas R410A is only a couple of hundred $$ how true any experts?

jEFFpiLLow

Reaction score
juz sharing my unpleasant experience wif IMM GC.
was there 2 weeks ago, served by this salesperson kelvin.
he has given us the quote (on a piece of rough paper - $4.9k) for starmex system 4 and i had indicated to him i am installing it at condo, meaning it will be concealed piping.
after 2 weeks of research, decided to go back GC for confirmation.
looked for the same fella and shockingly, he given us another quote which is $400 more, wif the exact same things i had asked for.
he say the other time he was not aware its concealed piping!!!
and concealed piping requires another $400 more?
was really pissed off by his attitude as well, he told us no stock for starmex island-wide. if i want, i will have to queue up.
i stood up and walked away.

aniwei, i will be going down to cck GC this evening, asking for the same thing again.
the reason y i am choosing GC is becos mainly of the $359 extended warranty.
most forum replies on GC oso fairly ok.

wish me gd luck lah!

roadspeeder1

Reaction score
my encounter GC sales is consistent in his quotations despite several visit i made before purchase... very patient, knowledgeable and professional. during installation find one ot the installer is not very approachable, abit negative and rude, reckless and rought in the workmanship. overall experience on their installation services - average only.

jEFFpiLLow

Reaction score
my encounter GC sales is consistent in his quotations despite several visit i made before purchase... very patient, knowledgeable and professional. during installation find one ot the installer is not very approachable, abit negative and rude, reckless and rought in the workmanship. overall experience on their installation services - average only.

if dat sales guy refers to his so-called "bible", the price shld be stardard.
the most funny part is, he was referring to another brand price quote page, while telling me the price of starmex!!
then when i ask y the diff of $400, he says becos of concealed piping!
hope i can get some GC sales guy recommendation from here lah
thx!

jEFFpiLLow

Reaction score
after 3 weeks of ding-dong, sealed my aircon fate wif hong tar.

[2] To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Heavy” multi split inverter 1 to 4 aircon $4,900.00
M/N: SCM80/SKM28 x 2/SKM35/SKM75 for bedroom 2, 3, Master Bedroom &
Living Hall.

To supply and install the air-conditioners with standard one roll of G22 copper pipe not exceed 15 m per fan coil unit, 1/2 thick insulation class”O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and black rubber class ‘1’ insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking and cable.

as there are no mit starmex on this little red dot liao, i go wif wat they had recommended.

thx for all who had feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.