Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hart

Reaction score
hi guys, wondered if anyone read yesterday Strait Times:s11:

Courts having promotion for

Samsung Inverter Single Split
(ASV09ESLXXSS/ASV09ESLNXSS)
9000 or 8500 BTU i think
4 Ticks
$899 with 2yrs installation warranty + 5yrs extended warranty..

on the other hand i'm comtemplating this

Panasonic Inverter Single Split (CUS9KKZ/CSS9KKZW)
8530 BTU
4 Ticks
$1099

Other than Bukit Timah outlet, which other outlets have most aircon choices?
wanna do a comparison on the spot... so need more varieties as was told that ME no stock ... :(

i have bought this panasonic inverter aircon, so far its very good but do take note that this compressor is huge...

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my compressor/outdoor unit recently only starts working after 5-10mins after i on my indoor unit?

it cools down still but how come it does not immediately like first install that time liao???

what's wrong is it??? :s11::s11::s11::s11::s11::s11::s11:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my compressor/outdoor unit recently only starts working after 5-10mins after i on my indoor unit?

it cools down still but how come it does not immediately like first install that time liao???

Mitsubishi best! :s13:

tried all fcu also same?

switch off main power n on again...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

try read the manual, maybe the out door unit is design to be like that. some units will have delay after restart. the reason is to protect the compressor. still not sure then can try check direct with Mitsubishi.
anyway your is new unit any problem still under warranty coverage.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will buy Panasonic then :D
if you got the extra budget then go for Panny.
Panasonic aircon used to named as National which was a durable, reliable brand for aircon and recent they took control of Sanyo too.

for aircon brands my personal choices will be
Daikin(big Jap name for aircon but premium. unit expensive, parts also expensive)
Panasonic, Mitsubishi Elect(reputable, reliable Jap brands, more common locally.)
Toshiba, Hitachi(also good Jap brands but not as popular as Panny and ME locally)
Sanyo(was told last time was good but recent heard some bad comments)
Fujitsu (heard complaints about noisy)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries(not very long in local market so dont want take the risk test water)

installation and good workmanship play a very major part so dont just go for the cheap low price. better get a reliable reputable installer even it cost abit more.
still worry about quality and performance then can pay the extra go for the extended warranty.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have bought this panasonic inverter aircon, so far its very good but do take note that this compressor is huge...

think he looking for a Single Split so the outdoor unit size is not a problem. Single Split unit i see all very small.
those Panny big and tall unit are their sys 2 and sys 3.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah i saw the pics here.. really freak me out so big!

Mitsubishi best! :s13:

tried all fcu also same?

switch off main power n on again...
i wanted ME but Courts no stock, they even show me their inventory list... all RED :( nvm Panasonic also goot~

if you got the extra budget then go for Panny.
Panasonic aircon used to named as National which was a durable, reliable brand for aircon and recent they took control of Sanyo too.

for aircon brands my personal choices will be
Daikin(big Jap name for aircon but premium. unit expensive, parts also expensive)
Panasonic, Mitsubishi Elect(reputable, reliable Jap brands, more common locally.)
Toshiba, Hitachi(also good Jap brands but not as popular as Panny and ME locally)
Sanyo(was told last time was good but recent heard some bad comments)
Fujitsu (heard complaints about noisy)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries(not very long in local market so dont want take the risk test water)

installation and good workmanship play a very major part so dont just go for the cheap low price. better get a reliable reputable installer even it cost abit more.
still worry about quality and performance then can pay the extra go for the extended warranty.

CS_S9KKZW_web.jpg

Thanks for the heads up...

I have bought Panasonic last night~

CS-S9KKZ (8530 BTU with 4 ticks)

$1099 + $130 (bracket) + $200 (15A power point) + free installation + 4yrs more warranty frm Courts + 2 yrs installation warranty :o

think he looking for a Single Split so the outdoor unit size is not a problem. Single Split unit i see all very small.
those Panny big and tall unit are their sys 2 and sys 3.

yeah, i bought single split

annai

Reaction score
Got it all in for under $2.8K inclusive GST, exclude metal bracket. Standard warranty, 5 yrs compresssor, 1 year parts by ME. workmanship 1st year I think, usually if within 3 months no problem...then throughout no problem.

care to share the price?

Thanks

skydiver

Reaction score
Got it all in for under $2.8K inclusive GST, exclude metal bracket. Standard warranty, 5 yrs compresssor, 1 year parts by ME. workmanship 1st year I think, usually if within 3 months no problem...then throughout no problem.

What insulator did they provide you ?? Armaflex ?? 1/2" or 1/4" insulation ?

For your info : My colleague installed ME Starmex sys 3 inverter for $2700 nett in April 2010. Creation Air provide him standard package include bracket with G23 pipe and 3/8" insulation.

jim123

Reaction score

For your info : My colleague installed ME Starmex sys 3 inverter for $2700 nett in April 2010. Creation Air provide him standard package include bracket with G23 pipe and 3/8" insulation.

Hi, may i know does it include bracket? Looking to getting one myself. :D

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, may i know the difference with all these sizes..

Armaflex ??
1/2"
1/4"
3/8"

and what does it do

kanashii23

Reaction score
Gain city quote me $3429 Mitsubishi Inverter system 4 4 ticks + $150 Bracket + $399 for 5 years warrently.

Worth it or not?

how is the workmanship for gain city?

annai

Reaction score
That's a very good price. Not stated for insulator, will update once they installed.

I understand Mitsubishi support the 1/2",1/4" and 3/8" insulation.

Last edited:

annai

Reaction score
Also skydiver, you posted previously below you obtain a quotation from air creation for $3100. Why so much difference from your colleague ?

"Got a quotation from Creation Air for ME Starmex Inverter sys 3.

1) 9000 btu x 2
2) 18000 btu x 1
3) 30000 btu compressor
4) Copper pipe G23 and drain pipe
5) Armaflex insulation 1/2" class 0
6) Stainless steel bracket
7) 8 years workmanship warranty
8) $200 servicing voucher

Total : $3100"

Is the price reasonable ??

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, may i know the difference with all these sizes..

Armaflex ??
1/2"
1/4"
3/8"

and what does it do
read this > http://www.aircontalk.com/Air-Conditioning-Insulation.html

Armaflex is a popular brand for aircon insulation foam. there other brands like K-flex, thermoflex.
1/2", 1/4", 3/8" are4 he thickness of the insulation foam. the thicker the foam the better the insulation result but you will also ended with a uglier, bigger, thicker plastic trunking to hide the insulation and piping.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
read this > http://www.aircontalk.com/Air-Conditioning-Insulation.html

Armaflex is a popular brand for aircon insulation foam. there other brands like K-flex, thermoflex.
1/2", 1/4", 3/8" are4 he thickness of the insulation foam. the thicker the foam the better the insulation result but you will also ended with a uglier, bigger, thicker plastic trunking to hide the insulation and piping.

icic, the contractor have yet to call me regarding the installation this friday..

so should i ask for the insulation foam? they are just a sub-con, job thrown to them by Courts...

"free installation" guessed i couldnt ask for much :crazy: :s13:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
standard thickness of insulation is 3/8"(9.52mm). but for R410A, use 1/2"(12.7mm) better as the gas is alot colder than R22.

btw 1/2" thickness is more than enough..

skydiver

Reaction score
The difference is one of my f/c unit installed in the living rm (18000 btu) and I upgraded my insulation to 1/2" class 0 so have to pay $400 more compared to my colleague ones.

Also skydiver, you posted previously below you obtain a quotation from air creation for $3100. Why so much difference from your colleague ?

"Got a quotation from Creation Air for ME Starmex Inverter sys 3.

1) 9000 btu x 2
2) 18000 btu x 1
3) 30000 btu compressor
4) Copper pipe G23 and drain pipe
5) Armaflex insulation 1/2" class 0
6) Stainless steel bracket
7) 8 years workmanship warranty
8) $200 servicing voucher

Total : $3100"

Is the price reasonable ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.