Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the condenser unit,

DCF_1226.jpg

DCF_1227.jpg

DCF_1228.jpg

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow...shiny de. i thought is use wooden board?

n btw, try not to let the power cable touch the insulation directly. or else it will create a hole into the insulation.

u can use alum foil(make it thicker) in between the cable n insulation.

use something to cover the insulation to prevent the sun.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm right now i cant do anything leh.. cant reach the cable parts at outside.. so dangerous...

ermm basically nothing can be done right? :sad:

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ya, yours is very low..difficult to reach.:s22:

mayb u can use long hook or something..

bascially what will happen if i dont do anything abt it ah?

the insulation and power cable are being glued together at the opening when coming into the box-up area... i think is weather proof right?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bascially what will happen if i dont do anything abt it ah?

the insulation and power cable are being glued together at the opening when coming into the box-up area... i think is weather proof right?

cannot be glued together la... it is jus coming out from the same opening.

the power cable is weather proof, but not the insulation.

when u switch on yr aircon, large current goes through the power cable, which generate heat.

after some time, this insulation will giv way to the power cable which makes a hole in. n after some time, condensation take place. at tat time, between the power cable n insulation will hav water.

insulation will also corrode after some time also where sun r shine directly.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the insulation foam will harden and crack if expose under the sunshine for long period.

annai

Reaction score
Got a quote for Pana and ME system 3 Inverter from Creation Air @ $2.7k nett. Both brand are going for the same prioe. Can't decide which to get. Any advise which brand is more reliable and worth getting?

Both are equally good choice. Go with the one you fancy.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody know where to get insulation? need thickness of 1/2" of I.D 6.35mm n 9.52mm.

thanks!

need to re-insulate some part of copper pipe nearer to fcu..

Reaction score
Recommendation

Finally took the plunge with the ME A48, FCU 10, 13, 18 and made the choice to go with Gain City through Mr David Tay, H/p 90013124 largely because he was prompt, knowledgeable and kept up with the computations that I was considering for my apartment.

Pricing was reasonable and we went with gauge 22 copper pipes, 3/4in armaflex insulation and 16mm drainage pipes. As the engagement was for concealed installation, there is not much point giving the price. I would say that getting the cheapest quotation at the expense of having to consistently chase the salesperson for quotations is not the way to go. How much confidence can one get from such a person/company. Imagine having to chase for an installation date!?

Thier team is doing the installation now and they were punctual with the appointed time and took initiative to look through how best to do the installation as well as show me that they are installing what was promised i.e the copper pipes, the thickness of the insulation, etc. Rather than just getting the sale and leaving it to his team of installers, Mr David Tay came in to check on the progress and advised his installers accordingly. This is particularly important for me as I have had problems with the drainage due to the the gradient of the drainage pipes.

In view of the above, I am happy to recommend his services.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally took the plunge with the ME A48, FCU 10, 13, 18 and made the choice to go with Gain City through Mr David Tay, H/p 90013124 largely because he was prompt, knowledgeable and kept up with the computations that I was considering for my apartment.

Pricing was reasonable and we went with gauge 22 copper pipes, 3/4in armaflex insulation and 16mm drainage pipes. As the engagement was for concealed installation, there is not much point giving the price. I would say that getting the cheapest quotation at the expense of having to consistently chase the salesperson for quotations is not the way to go. How much confidence can one get from such a person/company. Imagine having to chase for an installation date!?

Thier team is doing the installation now and they were punctual with the appointed time and took initiative to look through how best to do the installation as well as show me that they are installing what was promised i.e the copper pipes, the thickness of the insulation, etc. Rather than just getting the sale and leaving it to his team of installers, Mr David Tay came in to check on the progress and advised his installers accordingly. This is particularly important for me as I have had problems with the drainage due to the the gradient of the drainage pipes.

In view of the above, I am happy to recommend his services.

wow...3/4" insulation.:eek:

Mankul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
n btw, i tink someone in here said tat Mitsubishi Electric does not hav fan mode. which is a very disadvantage. becos if dont hav fan mode, than tat coldness contain inside the aircon(wat i mean is after turn off aircon) will create mould, bacteria, jelly-like stuff inside. which will than also create a bad smell.

You mean on the remote control, you can't choose fan, and non-aircon mode?

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations to remove "factory smell" from FCU ?

it has been 6 days since my new FCU installed in my room.... there's still this smell coming out frm the unit....

what airfresheners u guys using in ur room? is it wise to hang those at the bottom or the fin of the blower? :s13: quite curious abt it... since blower blows out air.. it could bring the scent out as well :s22:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.