Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
I agree that Invertor will save energy no matter how long u on.
But if ur usage is low, break even period is long.

Most of the people here might be using invertor. But i tink urs are still new. Either within 1 year general warrt or 5 yrs comp warrt.
However, when the time comes >3-5 yrs. When invertor aircon breakdowns, the cost of repairing might be so high that you might even want to consider to replace a new set totally.
Non-invertor aircon repair costs are lower.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is samsung and LG good for aircon?

today went to gain city expo see alot of aircon.

dunno which good as i have 0 knowledge of aircon.

any good webby can teach a noobie like me to know more abt aircon?

thanks

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if more buying using invertor sys, down the road the repair cost will go down too.
same to the R22 and R410A

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks

no good, want to buy, buy popular brand like mitsubishi or daikin better.......;););););)

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok , i set my mind to get mitshu due to $200 cheaper than toshiba. Also mitshu is popular brand with commonly found parts
now looking for neighbourhood contractor with distributorship to do for me.
neighbourhood contractor good, no need to go through big company
then anything cock up can directly call contractor, no need to call sales guy because sales guy usually dunno how to fix and act as middle man only

Mitsubishi%20Electric_System%203_2763L

Now to choose 1 lucky contractor from this list.... hmmm
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=125

oh, i juz found that i have another bigger window which can be used to bring the squeeze in the compressor over to the ledge. so back to panasonic for me, haha

panasonic got $150 ntuc voucher promotion now, might as well get panasonic
somemore is reputable brand like mitshu

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, i juz found that i have another bigger window which can be used to bring the squeeze in the compressor over to the ledge. so back to panasonic for me, haha

install liao remember to tell us if the P aircon is cold enough............:look::look::look::look::look::look:

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like my aircon becos the accuracy of the temperature is very good.... use my room thermometer to monitor the temperature.... the degree is always accurate at the set temperature...:D:D:D:D

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
install liao remember to tell us if the P aircon is cold enough............:look::look::look:

i like my aircon becos the accuracy of the temperature is very good.... use my room thermometer to monitor the temperature.... the degree is always accurate at the set temperature...

Panasonic is definitely cold, which aircon isn't cold:s11:

even my 8530 BTU is good enough... just need like 10-15mins to cool my room at 25degree

i find that u're plainly "promoting" ur Mitsubishi inverter just because u're using it...

although i like mitsubishi and panasonic very much, seems like u are kinda anti other brands.. whoever uses any other brands than Mitsubishi, u will taunt them... :s27::s27:

to each his own...

Yurikaze

Reaction score

even my 8530 BTU is good enough... just need like 10-15mins to cool my room at 25degree

i find that u're plainly "promoting" ur Mitsubishi inverter just because u're using it...

although i like mitsubishi and panasonic very much, seems like u are kinda anti other brands.. whoever uses any other brands than Mitsubishi, u will taunt them... :s27::s27:

to each his own...

Agreed. Well said. :s13:

Personally using a MHI inverter and pretty happy with it too. :)

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

guess what, i changed yet again back to mitshubishi due to no contractor willing to perform the moving of compressor over the ledge

Reaction score
Hmm... I got my Pana Inverter Sys 3 from Gain City thru David Tay recently also, but he never came in to check the progress leh. But I must agreed that he is indeed prompt with my SMS queries even after the sales.

The installer team I got was friendly, fast but rough. They took less than 30 mins lunch break and start working again. But the way they dismantled my old system, and the way they handle their tools, I'm lucky my flooring is not new, if not I sure faint. And also good thing I did some covering on my poster bed, if not sure kanna scratches.

Haha...got to always take precaution about covering the flooring etc. I went a lot further in sealing up the rooms, floor to ceiling except for the space they need to install the units cos I had a very bad experience previously where the fine particles of the false ceiling invaded the whole apartment.

Reaction score

to each his own...

I think he's just sharing his experience. Maybe too eagerly but with good intentions.

I was looking for anything except Mitsubishi when I changed mine recently. Ended with Mitsubishi cos I need the larger BTU and I am much happier with this one than the previous generation.

Reaction score

thanks

Try calling the distributor and guage the support of their products. These guys are relatively new but hey they did well with LED tvs....well at least Samsung...

But do check out NEA's ratings of their performances. You can compare against the rest that you're considering too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.