Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertheswer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all. i wish to install air con system for 3 bedrooms in my house. however, i am very new to the air con thing as i did not have an air con system in my house before.

i have several questions and i really hope u guys out there can help me out :)

1. which brand is more reliable and less noisy?
2. is energy saving air con important because i only turn on air con the most 4 days out of 7 days in a week
3. i visited the website http://www.coolserve.com.sg but i am very unfamiliar with all the terms such as system 2/3/4 air con and R410A or R22
4. what is the total estimated cost for installing 3 air con in my 3 bedroom? (i just need a rough figure)

sorry for asking so many questions at one time. thanks for all of ur patience :)

lifesgood

Reaction score
if you are installing for 3 rooms, that equals to a System 3 that you are looking for.
Likewise, System 2 means 2 air-conditioning units.

most newer brands are reliable and quiet. The popular choices are Panasonic and Misubitshi Electric i believe. Could be due to their inverter units that help to save $$ if your aircon is on for long hours.

not forgetting to get the correct BTU is also important. If you get an insufficient BTU unit to cool a big room, the room will never reach the desired temperature and the aircon will be working at full load all the time, thus wasting energy. A correct BTU vs room will see energy saving once the room is cooled to the desired temperature.

As for R410A and R22.. i think those are the gas? not too sure. need to go read up also ^_^

estimate cost for sys3 can ranged 3k or higher.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all. i wish to install air con system for 3 bedrooms in my house. however, i am very new to the air con thing as i did not have an air con system in my house before.

i have several questions and i really hope u guys out there can help me out :)

1. which brand is more reliable and less noisy?
2. is energy saving air con important because i only turn on air con the most 4 days out of 7 days in a week
3. i visited the website http://www.coolserve.com.sg but i am very unfamiliar with all the terms such as system 2/3/4 air con and R410A or R22
4. what is the total estimated cost for installing 3 air con in my 3 bedroom? (i just need a rough figure)

sorry for asking so many questions at one time. thanks for all of ur patience :)

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/

try read this useful blog

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are installing for 3 rooms, that equals to a System 3 that you are looking for.
Likewise, System 2 means 2 air-conditioning units.

most newer brands are reliable and quiet. The popular choices are Panasonic and Misubitshi Electric i believe. Could be due to their inverter units that help to save $$ if your aircon is on for long hours.

not forgetting to get the correct BTU is also important. If you get an insufficient BTU unit to cool a big room, the room will never reach the desired temperature and the aircon will be working at full load all the time, thus wasting energy. A correct BTU vs room will see energy saving once the room is cooled to the desired temperature.

As for R410A and R22.. i think those are the gas? not too sure. need to go read up also ^_^

estimate cost for sys3 can ranged 3k or higher.
R410A is more colder than R22.

disadvantage is higher pressure, thus need thicker copper piping. colder = thicker insulation.

Dreamrat

Master Member
Reaction score
Please advise me...

After I read the blog, I selected following:
My choice of technology: System 3 (cos I only need aircon in the bedroom for my 4-room flat), R410gas, inverter type(only MBR will on most of the time), 4 ticks(my mthly electricity bill is $300... I almost fainted...), Power approximately 8800Btu/hr(as guided in this thread).

Selected brand: Panasonic, Daikin, Misubitshi Electric (according to priority)

Now, I am considering: Panasonic (now got $150NTUC voucher)
- Option 1) CU-3S27KKZ / CS-S9KKZW X 3 (8,530 x 3 Btu/hr $2,700.00)
- Option 2) CU-3S27KKZ / CS-S9KKZW X 2 / CS-S12KKZW (8,154 x 2 Btu/hr + 9,314 Btu/hr $2,770.00)
- Option 3) CU-3S27KKZ / CS-S9KKZW / CS-S12KKZW x 2 (7,779 Btu/hr + 8,905 x 2 Btu/hr $2,840.00)

====
Which option is the best? TIA

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please advise me...

After I read the blog, I selected following:
My choice of technology: System 3 (cos I only need aircon in the bedroom for my 4-room flat), R410gas, inverter type(only MBR will on most of the time), 4 ticks(my mthly electricity bill is $300... I almost fainted...), Power approximately 8800Btu/hr(as guided in this thread).

Selected brand: Panasonic, Daikin, Misubitshi Electric (according to priority)

Now, I am considering: Panasonic (now got $150NTUC voucher)
- Option 1) CU-3S27KKZ / CS-S9KKZW X 3 (8,530 x 3 Btu/hr $2,700.00)
- Option 2) CU-3S27KKZ / CS-S9KKZW X 2 / CS-S12KKZW (8,154 x 2 Btu/hr + 9,314 Btu/hr $2,770.00)
- Option 3) CU-3S27KKZ / CS-S9KKZW / CS-S12KKZW x 2 (7,779 Btu/hr + 8,905 x 2 Btu/hr $2,840.00)

====
Which option is the best? TIA

u hav to c how big each of the room is..

eg. if mbr is bigger than other room, than option 2.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah kinda surprised by my SP bill for the latest month (04 July to 06 August 2010)

Total = $147.35

Electricity = $61.29 (254kWh)

i've been using my aircon every night for like 8-9hrs, weekend i on it longer even during day time since i seldom go out~

the inverter is really doing good! :s12::s12:

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Wanna share what configuration you have at your home?
What about then noise level?

wah kinda surprised by my SP bill for the latest month (04 July to 06 August 2010)

Total = $147.35

i've been using my aircon every night for like 8-9hrs, weekend i on it longer even during day time since i seldom go out~

the inverter is really doing good! :s12::s12:

Dreamrat

Master Member
Reaction score
miyamew wrote: said:
Total = $147.35

ENVY!!! Mine was like $300!!! I wanna hang myself already. My usage is similar to urs...

Dreamrat

Master Member
Reaction score
Or is it my aircon spoilt already?

I bought this resale flat in Jan 2010 with old Japanese air con. Below are the breakdown:
Feb (337 KWh) - 2 weeks holiday, so I am not in SG.
Mar (373 kWh) - estimated
Apr (1831 kWh)
May (1411kWh)
Jun (1262 kWh)
Jul (1393 kWh)- estimated

We have three PC running, one room with aircon on at least 9hours per day..Is it considered abnormal?

sentosaubin

Reaction score
ENVY!!! Mine was like $300!!! I wanna hang myself already. My usage is similar to urs...

hehehe.. change to inverter ba
mind you.. miyamew is using single split air con..

You might want to share your aircon configuration so that we can judge if your usage is normal or not

Dreamrat

Master Member
Reaction score

You might want to share your aircon configuration so that we can judge if your usage is normal or not

I dunno my aircon configuration. I try to google about the "single split" system. So, I guess mine is a Single hosed unit. 4-Room flat with flat area of 90sqm. All bedrooms come with aircon.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
err.. you cant tell us if u are using system 3 or 2 meh? what is the brand of aircon? inverter or not? what BTU? etc

I dunno my aircon configuration. I try to google about the "single split" system. So, I guess mine is a Single hosed unit. 4-Room flat with flat area of 90sqm. All bedrooms come with aircon.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Configuration of your aircon.. what brand, how many system.. etc
Brand: Panasonic
Type: Single Split Inverter
Model: CS-S9KKZW (outdoor unit: CU-S9KKZ)
BTU: 8530
Warranty: 1+4yrs (1st yr by Panasonic, 2nd to 5th yr by Courts)

Total Dmg: $14xx (including brackets, 15A powerpoint & installation)

wow $300 how u use one :s22:

yeah all thanks to this thread, i got myself an inverter!

hart

Reaction score
Well, im using the latest panasonic system 3 inverter, previously i was on non-inverter sanyo system 3, electric bill dropped from 290 average to current 200 a month with the same amount of usage... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.