Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Ask u all something.. amazing i heard today.. i have a (very new) LG system 2 inverter. Endless troubles since day 1 (noisy compressor etc etc)..

Anyway, got a new problem this week... got wetness on my box near to the air con unit (where the pipes make a L shaped turn)... then got squeaking noise come out from the same wet area..

So I called Gain City contractor to come take a look.. guess what he said ? He said my aircon switch on to 21 degree is too low. Must switch to 23 degree... nothing to do with tube or the gas.. just that invertor air cons are like that, cannot switch too cold cause the gas will be 'stuck' at the L shaped turn and make noise..

Argued for 15 mins also useless. he said not happy, then he will ask his supervisor come and explain to me..

Dun know what logic.. sigh..

Adeius

Reaction score
I tink Sk and Nk only the fancoil cover different and maybe a few additional fanciful functions added.

Tks for telling me the difference.

Again Terumo, may I ask whether a sys 2 combination of compressor BTU20,000 and 2 FC of BTU10k and BTU13k be a good or possible one? My friend told me that the total FC BTU is more than compressor BTU and that will work the compressor to the maximum and this can spoil the compressor faster. Better to have a little extra BTU in the CU. Is it true?
But GC told me that it is possible and the compressor can handle it and it wll not overwork itself. Please advise.

Or if i will to get higher compressor BTU that is higher than the FC BTU, will it be consuming more energy.

Anyway, I plan to get a toshiba inverter ac or a panasonic one. Tks

terumo

Reaction score
For inverter, if indoor is total 23k. outdoor 20k.
3k btu difference never mind one.

Inverter allows you to have total fancoil btu higher then the outdoor btu. Dud worry. Unless you are getting 18k plus 13k (2 fancoil) and outdoor is 20k then maybe it will be undersized.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I never hear it before for my experience the gas pipe bending he never bend it properly so the turning gas pipe to be runing unsmoothly.
Only 1 thing change the smaller size 6.35mm gas pipe.
To be replacement the new.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Actually FC mention 13K or 10K BTU.
Just for show the HP can be used up to 13000 or 10000 BTU.
All those control is from compressor output.
If single split 13K it is sure enough 3.5kw capacity.
Only inverter model is variable capacity can be adjusted when each other room is reached temperture so the total capacity can be given to another room.
Just only 1 compressor can be support up to 13K x 2 or 10K btu.
From compressor 18k is sure enough to cooling your room.
Compressor works can be from 5-6KW = 17060~20472 BTU.
So don't worry about not cooling at all times.

Only non-inverter have used 2 compressor each others is individual cooling capacity at all time runs in fixed speed can't adjusted the speed in RPM. All most same speed until temp. To reached and cut off gas and stop compressor.
To compared it no energy saving.
fully capacity to force the cooling down until on and off.

Last edited:

Core2max

Reaction score
last time i when to alexandra road show room, they still showing for sell.
only the price is higher to compared the GE model, since you bought already.
to be enjoy your new air cond.

Actually I made a trip to Mitsubishi Electric at alexandra last monday... but the show room is closed (due to xmas day on the previous sat).

Anyway, waiting for the installation which is next week.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Anywhere since you took it model.
After installed and set to 25C with quiet mode in 19dB-A sound level.
Until you hear the e e e noise from your ear.
Too quiet already and getting very cold.

terumo

Reaction score
To bro core2max.
Your inverter sys 3 is all 10k btu? the price is inculsive of GST?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
To be a bit monitor them to doing installation and ask them install fancoil must be fall to drainage discharge point do not too flat.
End up water can be easily get stuck.
Install fancoil metal wall plate to be used screw don't used normal nail it is can be reduce the noisy if install inproperly.
When it is over cold from base plate can be make noise also, so I prefer them to be used screw to install wall plate.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To Bro Civicguy,
Most prob the area where it is wet and have sound, the copper piping is bent. Need replace that small portion. Just my guess... :)

helplesssoul

Reaction score
Ask u all something.. amazing i heard today.. i have a (very new) LG system 2 inverter. Endless troubles since day 1 (noisy compressor etc etc)..

Anyway, got a new problem this week... got wetness on my box near to the air con unit (where the pipes make a L shaped turn)... then got squeaking noise come out from the same wet area..

So I called Gain City contractor to come take a look.. guess what he said ? He said my aircon switch on to 21 degree is too low. Must switch to 23 degree... nothing to do with tube or the gas.. just that invertor air cons are like that, cannot switch too cold cause the gas will be 'stuck' at the L shaped turn and make noise..

Argued for 15 mins also useless. he said not happy, then he will ask his supervisor come and explain to me..

Sigh..... Gain City installation again?

Me also got noisy compressor since Day 1 but panasonic brand. Are you re-using existing piping or new pipe installed by them?

Not sure if you got the same installation group as me, the senior one call Ah Yong.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Yes Gain City. dun know the name of the person.. I do have the handphone number though..

From day 1, my LG compressor is so loud that I think my neighbour would kill me (if I am them). When I got gain city installation team down, they do all kinds of funny things but it does not solve. In fact, they even stood me up once. After ding dong for 3 weeks, finally LG came down themselves and there is a moving part inside the LG compressor hitting the side of the compressor. WHen I asked LG why a NEW compressor can have a part like that, they just shugged their shoulder.

Now the compressor is better but still noisier than I like.. perhaps it is just me...

I use new pipes... cause the old air con was non invertor and i changed to inverter so have to change the pipes. Hence if the pipe is bend not properly, it must be them... the idea that I have to use 23 degree instead of 21 degree (or lower) is just crazy.. so why I buy an aircon.. so that I can use it at 23 ?? He did not even bother to look at the pipe to see if it is okay..

I read somewhere that air con are almost the same one.. the issue is WHO install them..

SIGH... u think I will buy LG and Gain City stuff anymore from now ? :)

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
hey bro.. that is the most absurd thing I ever heard...

Inverter supposed to be quiet, I'm not sure whether yours are caused by LG brand or lousy Gaincity people... Anyway I have banned Gaincity for aircon related matters.. They are very unprofessional, unreachable and 1 month in advance for any aircon service.... They still owe me 40 dollars for "service fee" that spoilt my 2.5y aircon eventually....

Now I am using Panasonice System 2 installed by Coolserve, and I have never been happier

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Are you using Panasonic Inverter? I'm using CU-18KKZ and I have no problem of noisiness etc... installed by Coolserve.

I have banned Gaincity for aircon matters

Sigh..... Gain City installation again?

Me also got noisy compressor since Day 1 but panasonic brand. Are you re-using existing piping or new pipe installed by them?

Not sure if you got the same installation group as me, the senior one call Ah Yong.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
if you do google search about gaincity installation, a lot of people has complained. Me Included.... NEVER NEVER EVER use them.... you can see their technician attitudes and non-responsive customer service. I learn the hard way.. and I guess you too

Yes Gain City. dun know the name of the person.. I do have the handphone number though..

From day 1, my LG compressor is so loud that I think my neighbour would kill me (if I am them). When I got gain city installation team down, they do all kinds of funny things but it does not solve. In fact, they even stood me up once. After ding dong for 3 weeks, finally LG came down themselves and there is a moving part inside the LG compressor hitting the side of the compressor. WHen I asked LG why a NEW compressor can have a part like that, they just shugged their shoulder.

Now the compressor is better but still noisier than I like.. perhaps it is just me...

I use new pipes... cause the old air con was non invertor and i changed to inverter so have to change the pipes. Hence if the pipe is bend not properly, it must be them... the idea that I have to use 23 degree instead of 21 degree (or lower) is just crazy.. so why I buy an aircon.. so that I can use it at 23 ?? He did not even bother to look at the pipe to see if it is okay..

I read somewhere that air con are almost the same one.. the issue is WHO install them..

SIGH... u think I will buy LG and Gain City stuff anymore from now ? :)

terumo

Reaction score
Gaxx Cixx is a big company. They can't possibly please all their clients. Some have negative feedback, some clients give positive feedback.

Some views of mine,
When buying/choosing a aircon.
1. We should see how is our usage first.
>6 hrs daily, go for inverter. <6hrs daily, go for non-inverter. If your usage is low, then inverter unit won't help you save much $ thru bills, so why pay the high set up cost?
2. Choose a 1-2 brands that you prefer.
3. Choose a company and look @ their installation materials.
4. Lastly nego for the price.

For installation materials,
i feel that G23 copper is enough for hdb/condo/pte hse.
G23 is good for pipings concealed/in trunking.
Drainage 13mm is gd. Got 16mm is better.
Insulation, class 0 or class 1 is the same. The class refers to the fire rating of the insulation. But we are talking about absorbing of water and preventing heat loss here, so the class is not important here.
Commonly used brands like Aramflex/Thermaflex is accepted.

Skill/experience of the technician coming to install your aircon also plays a part.

A aircon system will last you 5-7 years. Make your choice slowly and don't be affected by other factors like free vouchers/servicing. Do not be pressed by salesmam to make a purchase. They incur extra costs to rent a booth during a expo, so you think is that is really a promotional price compared to what they are selling @ their usual showroom (which have a fixed cost?)
Even if a company is more expensive by $200 but you feel that what they can offer meets your requirements, why not?
Saving $200 to cause you taking off/leave later on to rectify the issues during warrtany period is not worth it.

Thanks... :)

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Terumo: Big company is not an excuse to not pleasing their clients...
when company get arrogant, customer can vote using their hard-earned-money

terumo

Reaction score
To Bro sentosaubin,
What i mean is not becos they are big, they have the bo chup attitude.
I mean they have too many installation teams and staff. They cant possibly please all clients (as in have the exact same standard etc...)
Some people see a blower is slanted after installing, they cant accept. The same blower might be seen as straight or not so slant by others and they can accept.
Btw, usually blower slanted is not becos it is installed slanted, its becos the ceiling is slanted, so the blower although straight appears slanted.
Different people have different standard.

I always tell my frens, if they expect 100% from others when others provide a service/sell a product to them, do they themselves give 100% when they are working or when they provide a service to others.

We pay $, of cos we expect to get what is worth. Give and take maybe say 5%-10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.