Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Care111

Reaction score
I've an advice for newbie interested in buying aircon. NEVER buy samsung aircon and especially from courts. I bought a mh070fxea4b with 3 FCU from courts.

Courts & Installer issues
1) all the units have pretty bad dented cooling fins.

2) the installer is so mediocre in their job. within a month gas pipe leak..

3) the courts installer claims they don't own thermometer cannot check temperature.

Samsung official service team issues.

1) Poor quality product made in PRC (dented fins)

2) Samsung agent came.. charge the gas don't even bother to vacumm the pipe just charge the gas.

3) damage my insulation just use aircon tape to cover and claim not required to bring insulation.

so do hear me. Up to you to trust samsung installer and courts installer. Bottomline I'll never buy samsung aircon and preferbly not from courts again.

Never get aircon and electrical appliances from Ever Joint Trading also, very very bad experience, horrible. Pray hard that you installation is smooth and on time, also pray very very hard your aircon dun have problem, else you got to wait long long long lor.....

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
appreciate any advice...how much % electricity savings would i enjoy if i replace a 10 year old Daikin Inverter with a brand new Daikin Inverter?

Is 20% a reasonable estimate?

me_jul

Reaction score
Never get aircon and electrical appliances from Ever Joint Trading also, very very bad experience, horrible. Pray hard that you installation is smooth and on time, also pray very very hard your aircon dun have problem, else you got to wait long long long lor.....

Hi! Whats wrong with everjoint? Can you share your experiences with them? I was thinking to get from them as their prices are pretty good. Can I ask also the following?
Do they charge extra to make 2 trips?
What is the thickness of the insulation and what gauge copper piping do they use? Did you upgrade the insulation thickness/cost? Unlimited piping?
Which aircon company is doing the installation?

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is gain city good at installing air con ?

is Midea brand good ?

kanashii23

Reaction score
Consider getting a system 4 and listed out the below.
I am staying in HDB 5A . so master bedroom will be abit bigger.

Usage pattern seldom maybe once/twice a week for 1-2 room but i am worry that after installation the usage will increase to very frequently

By getting the below, will the BTU be enough to cool 4 rooms or only 3 rooms will cool while the 4th room will take a while to cool due to not enuff BTU.

Should i get upgrade pipes at $230 to Armaflex 1/2 Inches. What will be the difference between 1/2 inches & 3/8 inches

Mitsubishi Electric MXY-4A28VA & 4 x MSYGE10VA

Energy Consumption Full Load/Part Load 6395 / 2132
Annual Cost Full Load/Part Load $1947 / $649

Toshiba RAS-4M26SACV & 4 x RAS-M10SKCV

Energy Consumption Full Load/Part Load 6074 / 2190
Annual Cost Full Load/Part Load $1847/ $667

Any recommends by the pros out here? Very novice to aircon purchase

terumo

Reaction score
appreciate any advice...how much % electricity savings would i enjoy if i replace a 10 year old Daikin Inverter with a brand new Daikin Inverter?

Is 20% a reasonable estimate?

Replacing inverter with inverter, i don't think can get 20%. Most likely 5-15%. Factors for existing aircon dirty, slow cooling effect, wear and tear issues. 20% too much.

noobishyang

Reaction score
SHARP SYS 3 - INVERTER

Just to put some info on the web for people interested...

Bought at Gaincity Expo sales on 03 Jul 2011.

Purchased
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit)
2x AHXPC9LV (2x 9000btu indoor unit)
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit) ... all 4 items for $2839

Outdoor Unit Bracket ... $150
Upgrade to thicker insulation ... $180

Total paid including GST
$3169 (bao ka liao, include running of pipes, remove old unit/bracket etc)

Freebies
5 years warranty (1 + 4 covers electrical and mechanical parts, labor and transport, exclude servicing and remote control).
Philips Micro Ipod Docking station (DCM292)

Info
http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodDetail.asp?ProdId=335&mode=Feat

Not sure if I got a good deal as I'm not really into air-con, picked this because it's all aluminium, got the ion thingy built-in which my mom really like, and it's got 4 ticks, full load 2.07 and partial load 0.67 if I'm not wrong.

They will be installing on 20 July.

By the way, the salesperson Mr. Roy Lim was very patient, friendly and knowledgeable, he really took his time to explain to us, clear our doubts and even demonstrated the functionalities of the air-con thoroughly, I think all salesperson should learn from him, not like the earlier guy so impatient, ask him something his face like want to fall asleep, yeah, he even open his mouth and yawn like nobody business when my mom asked him a question haha... Later ask him what about our old air-con if we buy new, he say they can un-install and remove for us but we say what if we want to keep (my mom want to give to uncle), he very straightforward say then you un-install the air-con and the bracket yourself then call us to install, wah lao eh, like that also can lol... think he really F-care liao, stand so many days sibei sian liao lol...

Last edited:

helplesssoul

Reaction score
Just to put some info on the web for people interested...

Bought at Gaincity Expo sales on 03 Jul 2011.

Purchased
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit)
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit) ... all 4 items for $2839

Outdoor Unit Bracket ... $150
Upgrade to thicker insulation ... $180

Total paid including GST
$3169 (bao ka liao, include running of pipes, remove old unit/bracket etc)

Freebies
5 years warranty (1 + 4 covers electrical and mechanical parts, labor and transport, exclude servicing and remote control).
Philips Micro Ipod Docking station (DCM292)

Info
http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodDetail.asp?ProdId=335&mode=Feat

Not sure if I got a good deal as I'm not really into air-con, picked this because it's all aluminium, got the ion thingy built-in which my mom really like, and it's got 4 ticks, full load 2.07 and partial load 0.67 if I'm not wrong.

They will be installing on 20 July.

By the way, the salesperson Mr. Roy Lim was very patient, friendly and knowledgeable, he really took his time to explain to us, clear our doubts and even demonstrated the functionalities of the air-con thoroughly, I think all salesperson should learn from him, not like the earlier guy so impatient, ask him something his face like want to fall asleep, yeah, he even open his mouth and yawn like nobody business when my mom asked him a question haha... Later ask him what about our old air-con if we buy new, he say they can un-install and remove for us but we say what if we want to keep (my mom want to give to uncle), he very straightforward say then you un-install the air-con and the bracket yourself then call us to install, wah lao eh, like that also can lol... think he really F-care liao, stand so many days sibei sian liao lol...

Is the brand you purchase SHARP?

FYI, the compressor super noisy one. The sales person did not tell you that? B'cos fm what i know got quite a nos of complaints on that.

noobishyang

Reaction score
Is the brand you purchase SHARP?

FYI, the compressor super noisy one. The sales person did not tell you that? B'cos fm what i know got quite a nos of complaints on that.

Yeah SHARP SYS 3 - INVERTER.

Sure we are talking about the same model?

Mine is
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit) <----- compressor
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit)

Nope he did not tell me that, but wouldn't it be strange if he told me that it is super noisy...? Anyway, I was at the showroom, I find the compressor pretty quiet, it's going to be put outside my house, so I really don't think it's going to be a big issue, right...? :)

jeremy chia

Reaction score
Daikin*****

Hi guys, i think daikin is still the best. after using it for the past 10years and its still working well with no adnormal noise cuming out from the compressor but of course i always do regular servicing ( 3monthly ).

helplesssoul

Reaction score
Yeah SHARP SYS 3 - INVERTER.

Sure we are talking about the same model?

Mine is
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit) <----- compressor
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit)

Nope he did not tell me that, but wouldn't it be strange if he told me that it is super noisy...? Anyway, I was at the showroom, I find the compressor pretty quiet, it's going to be put outside my house, so I really don't think it's going to be a big issue, right...? :)

Should be same model. I can't find the thread now at RT which a forumer complains abt this brand inverter type also installed by GC last year.

I hv noise issues with the Pana non-inverter system and need to replace with another brands. Their technicians and staffs asked me not to choose that brand lor.

Well if the compressor not installed outside your window or near to your bed, maybe no big issue. And if they send you qualified experience & responsible technicians who are able to do an excellent installation then i think should be quite safe too.

Good Luck!

xseanyx

Reaction score
Thinking of getting this Midea brand too. Any comment, please.

Midea is from PRC if i'm not wrong. However for me, i'll find out if their after sales support is good (ie. spare parts, service teams etc). It can be dirt cheap now but if a minor part needs to wait for 2 wks for them to ship in then :eek:

terumo

Reaction score
If anyone want to install Midea, can PM mi, i might be able to get a good price for you. I know the agent for Midea.

zen131

Reaction score

Just saw a SYS 4 inverter aircon selling for $2588 in courts. Brand is Midea. Think it is a china brand.. Any 1 using this brand??

is this the correct price?
coz i saw a different pricing at courts...
they dont have this price there...
i say is sys3 $1899/$2168

i also considering this brand...i do research and found out it is very reputable worldwide...and they have been a manufacter long time...also read that the compressor is same as toshiba and carrier...
1 most important thing i found out is they do alot of O.E.M products in sg...in the home appliances area...actually we might be using their products without knowing...
but i am seeking more feedbacks from ppl who already bought their product in sg...

zen131

Reaction score
Midea is from PRC if i'm not wrong. However for me, i'll find out if their after sales support is good (ie. spare parts, service teams etc). It can be dirt cheap now but if a minor part needs to wait for 2 wks for them to ship in then :eek:

hmmm....you are right, its from china...frankly speaking now everything is from china already...

you go search for reviews...its seem very like a mnc company world wide...and with quite alot of good reviews...

i read an article quote them as the biggest Home appliance and
aircon manufacturer in china and top 5 world wide...

i also heard midea has a office here and is invading sg with its home appliance and air con products...
if anyone has bought their products...pls feed back....
i seriously thinking about this brand...but not sure can they bring their stability and good reviews to sg...

zen131

Reaction score

Thinking of getting this Midea brand too. Any comment, please.

i also considering this brand...i do research and found out it is very reputable worldwide...and they have been a manufacter long time...also read that the compressor is same as toshiba and carrier...
1 most important thing i found out is they do alot of O.E.M products in sg...in the home appliances area...actually we might be using their products without knowing...
but i am seeking more feedbacks from ppl who already bought their product in sg...:s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.