Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamir

Reaction score
for the water leak issue: u need to use a strong vaccum cleaner & suck out the drain pipe at the end (bathroom) & also at the affected room's FCU (Fan Coil Unit), there will be some jelly built up there & it will block the water to drain effectively. I have the same problem with one of my furthest away from drain end unit so I do a periodic (4 to 6 monthly) vacuuming.. so far so good..
to prevent the jelly building up fast, dont use Aroma lamps in the room when air-con is on, or other perfumes or stuff.. do clean the outer filters monthly to reduce your electric bill & give you cooler & cleaner air..
email me for clarification.. add _1999 to my name .. & yahoo..

terumo

Reaction score
MHI is Hvy Industries, Bought into SG by an authorised agent.
Mit Electric is direct from MIT itself.

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry juz to correct TS.. national is panasonic previous name those working in panasonic will know if they undergo their orentation which they intro their company history.. Panasonic Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National i heard from alot of my friend is a good aircon.. can last pretty long.. U saw those old model aircon in those shop houses.. some of them are national and still working..

The good old Mitsu****a - National, Panasonic and Technics. My first Discman during my JC days was a Technics. Till this date, still working. :s13:

RustyBites

Reaction score
My Daikin 7 years old inverter recently not working. I think the fan is not rotating the light keep blinking.

Had tried to call 6 times to Daikin service centre but was put on hold for more than 45mins!
I can understand that kind of hold up only happens to starhub/singtel but Daikin?

Is Daikin service so bad? Anybody here have the same situation?

Slayer1

Master Member
Reaction score
My Daikin 7 years old inverter recently not working. I think the fan is not rotating the light keep blinking.

Had tried to call 6 times to Daikin service centre but was put on hold for more than 45mins!
I can understand that kind of hold up only happens to starhub/singtel but Daikin?

Send an email around early October to Daikin Singapore inquiring about aircon servicing, till date no reply....;););).

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 years old, spoils. No warranty. Look for 3rd party to help u fix. Faster.

freespiritsy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Send an email around early October to Daikin Singapore inquiring about aircon servicing, till date no reply....;););).

if no email reply, u shld call them on service line.

Rustybites said:

i'm a Daikin user. I've called up Daikin service centre a few times end 2010 and early and late 2011. so far i can get through and i was given an appt date on the spot. just that will prob take a wk or so for service man to come take a look.

My current Daikin's currently serviced by an ex-Daikin guy. If u like, i can pass u his contact no. u can have a talk with him, and then decide if u want to eventually use his service - no obligation on ur part.

Slayer1

Master Member
Reaction score
if no email reply, u shld call them on service line.

i'm a Daikin user. I've called up Daikin service centre a few times end 2010 and early and late 2011. so far i can get through and i was given an appt date on the spot. just that will prob take a wk or so for service man to come take a look.

My current Daikin's currently serviced by an ex-Daikin guy. If u like, i can pass u his contact no. u can have a talk with him, and then decide if u want to eventually use his service - no obligation on ur part.

Yah...would have called them but waiting till my aircon needs servicing in a couple of months.
Anyway do pm me with yr Daikin service man and also the charges if you dun mind. Thanks. :)

S1

bobo07

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw this ad.. use as guideline
url

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my next replacement will be mitsubishi electric inverter
hope the compressor is as quiet as the non-inverter :D
maybe 3years later earliest

terhwz

Reaction score
I checked Daikin website that System2 inverter is 2MKS40FV1.

But I cant find a System2 inverter for Mitsubishi Electric. Just to confirm, is it true Mitsubishi does not come with a Sys2 Inverter?

Thanks.

eXctasy

Reaction score
Hi aircon gurus,
I need an aircon system to cool the following areas in my home.

2nlag4i.jpg

• THe image on the left, I need to cool the livingroom/dining

• The image on the right, I need to cool main bedroom & bedroom1 as the wall in between will be hacked.
Most of the time either 1 will be on. Only once in awhile, both will be switched on.

Any system to recommend based on the above description?
Any recommendation of aircon sellers?

terumo

Reaction score
18k for the living and dining?
12k for the master room?

Sorry the measurement wordings are too small.

This is a rough estimation.

villains

Reaction score
My existing Daikin (R50GV1) has been with me for > 10 years. On and off maybe service about 3-4 times, and the rest is just clearing the blocked part of the pipe myself.

Recently that doesn't work and it's fuming with cold air the second I turn it on and you can hear the sound of the ice cracking after a while.

I was told that my current R50GV1 is close about 18,000 btu and about 2hp.

Me/My wife work odd hours so the aircon may be turned on for 12-14hrs straight each day.

1. Is Daikin still good? Which model should I be looking for? I'm okay with inverter/no inverter.

2. Hopefully, someone can recommend me a good aircon installer. I do not wish to do so much servicing from bad installation, neither do I want to wake up in the middle of the night to find a bucket.

3. btw, I have visited IMM several times, I find that the pricing for aircon is really quite messy, like really anyhow quote one. Sometimes I can go into the same store different salesmen and get different price for same model.......

Thanks in advanced!

biwoxinfu

Reaction score
Hi all aircon gurus!

Need advice for a Sys2 inverter aircon system for 2 bedrooms. Budget is less than $2.2k (including all parts and labour) if possible.

Saw this Panasonic model CU-2S18KKZ / CS-S9MKZW x 2 and wondering if it a value investment.

If not, do recommend me other brand and model for a Sys2 inverter ya? :)

Thanks in advance!

KhunNimzo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What the price for the Panasonic ju quote?
Hi all aircon gurus!

Need advice for a Sys2 inverter aircon system for 2 bedrooms. Budget is less than $2.2k (including all parts and labour) if possible.

Saw this Panasonic model CU-2S18KKZ / CS-S9MKZW x 2 and wondering if it a value investment.

If not, do recommend me other brand and model for a Sys2 inverter ya? :)

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.